Options

Jimmy Saville to be dug up WTF

Comments

• Options
    AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    Cue relatives of people lost/buried at sea demanding he not be scattered there either.
    Only one answer - load his ashes into a rocket and fire him into the heart of the Sun!
    But then they'll flash burn into particles and come streaming back toward us. They could end up splattered across the entire sunward facing side of the Earth. Have you no mercy?!

:D
  • Options
    neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the other families want the body gone, then they should pay for it. I can well understand that it is an unpleasant thought that your loved one is buried near this auld git but if this notion catches on we will have people passing judgement on everyone to be buried in any graveyard.
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mudbox wrote: »
    Mudbox wrote: »

Anyone know Morse code or Braille?
  • Options
    mcg3mcg3 Posts: 11,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elyan wrote: »
    What with that and the rose shrub going missing, all that's left is a little hole and no bush.

:D Right up Jimmys street that then.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    I feel really sorry for his family ,first they are told that their inheritance will not get to them and now this?
    Savile's great-niece told Sky News she believed some members of his family knew of what they called his "dark side" but that they turned a blind eye to it.

..."After it happened when I was 12, I spoke to my grandmother (Savile's sister). I told her what Jimmy had done. Her reply was: 'It's only Jimmy, it doesn't matter, I'll sort it out'. I think certain members of the family who were closer to him knew what kind of man he was but they kept it secret."
    http://www.theguardian.com/global/2012/oct/28/gary-glitter-arrest-jimmy-savile
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems like the grave attracts the wrong sort of attention, doesn't it.
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jimmy would make a good ghost.

he smells of smoke

he rattles chains

he makes a bloodcurdling cry, 'eeeeeuuuuggggghhh!!!'.

been know to leave a sticky white fluid in innoprpreate places....
  • Options
    Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    If he must be exhumed, it should be by the cheapest method possible. 'Ow's about this then? Load his whole concrete encased corpse into a boat (or container ship), sail far out to sea and tip the old bones the into the deepest part of 'Davy Jones locker' possible. Best place for him where he can disappear.

Was his gold coffin really gold? If so, that should be melted down to pay for the farce.
  • Options
    The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think one of the reasons they want to exhume him is because the grass is not growing on his grave.

That would have been funny if it was true, however it was green as the green green grass of home when i went.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Just let it be. There are plenty of other sickos buried out there.
  • Options
    D_Mcd4D_Mcd4 Posts: 10,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Just let it be. There are plenty of other sickos buried out there.

:o what one do you suggest we dig up?
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,991
    Forum Member
    The trust was valued at £3.3 million at the end of last year, and considering how much they must have spent on lawyers in their failed bid to overturn a compensation package for the victims, I'd have though £20,00 was chicken-feed to them. In addition, Savile's family had agreed to the removal.

That doesn't matter. If people are upset by him being buried there then they should pay to him dug out.
  • Options
    BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A cremation and scattering of ashes at sea??... then we will all have a bit of Jimmy in us !!
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I understand the utter outrage at Jimmy Savilles criminal and really disgusting actions while alive I cannot get very excercised about a decomposing corpse. Remove all stones etc and let the sod grow over the grave. Graveyards are full of people whom we would not want to be next to in life. But in death we are all the same, dead and decomposing compost.
    Sorry if that offends anyone.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Are they fearing a Freddie Kruger style resurrection?
  • Options
    Forza FerrariForza Ferrari Posts: 7,433
    Forum Member
    Cryolemon wrote: »
    IIRC the family have said they'll scatter the ashes at sea.

How is that fair on the fishes they won't want Sir Jimmy dumped on them.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    I understand the utter outrage at Jimmy Savilles criminal and really disgusting actions while alive I cannot get very excercised about a decomposing corpse. Remove all stones etc and let the sod grow over the grave. Graveyards are full of people whom we would not want to be next to in life. But in death we are all the same, dead and decomposing compost.

Even when people are dead, a lot of the living will still behave as though the dead body could still rise up and cause more hurt. Savile can't destroy any more lives now. The disgusting pig is now gone for good.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    What they could do after they cremate him is make a pendulum with his urn and then get Stuart Hall to host It's a Knockout, where they line up a succession of shamed 70's and 80's celebrities in silly suits, who contestants then aim with Savile's ashes and try and knock them off a pedestal into a yew tree below.
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Even when people are dead, a lot of the living will still behave as though the dead body could still rise up and cause more hurt. Savile can't destroy any more lives now. The disgusting pig is now gone for good.

Smacks back to the old days and graveyards being consecrated ground . Criminals, un married mothers and illegitimate babies buried outside the walls.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smacks back to the old days and graveyards being consecrated ground . Criminals, un married mothers and illegitimate babies buried outside the walls.

Some of the behaviour that people displayed back in the 'olden days' was hateful, nasty, cruel and spiteful, and all because something happened that wasn't your fault. From what I've been told, some back then were absolute nasty swines.
  • Options
    AllyourKittyAllyourKitty Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why should it offend anyone apart the petty raving hysterics that have precipitated this ridiculous decision. You should never apologize to the perpetually offended; it just encourages them you see.
  • Options
    bri160356bri160356 Posts: 5,147
    Forum Member
    If I was dead I wouldn't care if Jimmy Savile was in the same graveyard as me.

......how can you be sure?
  • Options
    Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hes under concrete now so theres no chance of digging him up but even if he wasent what would they do with his ashes?. He should just be left where he is. Nobody should think about him he is a sicko and should be left to rot
  • Options
    ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    Is there actually any solid evidence against Jimmy Savile?

I mean, I know hundreds of people have come out since he died to say he abised them, but most of them were after the allegations of others hit the headlines.

I know also that some people who knew him said he was a bit creepy, and that others 'heard' he was at it.

But... you can see why he was never prosecuted. Lots of uncorroborated statements, hearsay and rumour mostly.

I'm not saying he didn't do any of it. Just that you could take a step back and ask how much solid evideince there is that he did.
  • Options
    coughthecatcoughthecat Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member
    Is there actually any solid evidence against Jimmy Savile?

I mean, I know hundreds of people have come out since he died to say he abised them, but most of them were after the allegations of others hit the headlines.

I know also that some people who knew him said he was a bit creepy, and that others 'heard' he was at it.

But... you can see why he was never prosecuted. Lots of uncorroborated statements, hearsay and rumour mostly.

I'm not saying he didn't do any of it. Just that you could take a step back and ask how much solid evideince there is that he did.

There's certainly no saying what would have happened had he still been alive, especially if he'd had a good PR man behind him, such as Max Cli ....

Oh! :blush: