Options

Why aren't the Tinker women by Sinead's bedside?

alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
Forum Member
Surely her mother gran and great gran can't have forgotten about her already - after 2 weeks?

Comments

• Options
    JackKlugmanJackKlugman Posts: 5,362
    Forum Member
    alienpanda wrote: »
    Surely her mother gran and great gran can't have forgotten about her already - after 2 weeks?

They are too busy making potions in their cauldron and scaring small children. Besides they might be worried Macbeth will kill them
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hahaha were they even mentioned?
  • Options
    boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ridiculous that they're not there. It's basic details like this that Corrie just aren't nailing right now.
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The actors would have to be paid to make an appearance. In these days of cuts backs they cant afford to employ too many people.
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »
    The actors would have to be paid to make an appearance. In these days of cuts backs they cant afford to employ too many people.

I'm sure we could all make suggestions as to which characters should go, if they wanted to cut costs.
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought exactly the same last might. Its poor from corrie that they are at the wedding a few weeks ago but for sineads serious injury are nowhere to be seen
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    I'm sure we could all make suggestions as to which characters should go, if they wanted to cut costs.

Exactly, too many that are dead wood. Antony Cotton being one. Wonder what he has got on the TPTB :D:o
  • Options
    Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure she will make a Miraculous recovery like Sophie Webster
  • Options
    ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    I thought exactly this last night. If only just bring back Sinead's mum and don't employ Sean for the episode???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's not like they can't have planned it as this would have been known about when the wedding episodes were being produced
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »
    Exactly, too many that are dead wood. Antony Cotton being one. Wonder what he has got on the TPTB :D:o

maybe they just think he is good at his job
  • Options
    Forum Member
    soap-lea wrote: »
    maybe they just think he is good at his job

F*ck knows why.

His 'acting' was embarrassing last night.
  • Options
    gv6lgv6l Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hank1234 wrote: »
    I'm sure she will make a Miraculous recovery like Sophie Webster

and Jim MacDonald.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ads84 wrote: »
    F*ck knows why.

His 'acting' was embarrassing last night.

in your opinion
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    gv6l wrote: »
    and Jim MacDonald.

Yep. Emmerdale is still the only UK soap to have one of their main characters get injured and become a permanent wheelchair user.

And they didn't write him out as soon as they got bored of him and his disability was barely ever used as a plot point.
  • Options
    newyorkcitygirlnewyorkcitygirl Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    in your opinion

You think he's a good actor then?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    in your opinion

Oops, pardon me, I forgot. He doesn't 'act', he just plays himself when he goes to work. Always has done, as far back as Queer As Folk.
    Easiest money person can make.
  • Options
    dashyork42dashyork42 Posts: 1,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back to the thread...I believe that her great gran (Juliette Kaplan), is back in Corrie next week. Not sure about the other two.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dashyork42 wrote: »
    Back to the thread...I believe that her great gran (Juliette Kaplan), is back in Corrie next week. Not sure about the other two.

Oh good!
    Out of the three, I felt great gran Tinker worked most.
    She had a touch of the Sylvia / Blanche / Maud about her. She could have potential to be a Corrie battleaxe.
  • Options
    llgxllgx Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's always the same when someones injured in soap, no one ever visits if they don't live 10 minutes away.
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are too busy making potions in their cauldron and scaring small children. Besides they might be worried Macbeth will kill them
    So true, JackKlugman, I hope they have flown off on their broomsticks never to be seen again; they were very badly cast and written for.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We can assume they visit during the 23 and a half hours not covered by one episode
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    To be honest, Sinead's probably better off without them there. Her mum would be too busy flirting with the doctors.
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ads84 wrote: »
    Oops, pardon me, I forgot. He doesn't 'act', he just plays himself when he goes to work. Always has done, as far back as Queer As Folk.
    Easiest money person can make.

You can say this about many other soap actors as well. Not really a valid argument.