The most unpopular manager in English football?

VinnienetVinnienet Posts: 2,100
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just an opinion poll, but, given one choice who would you say was the manager that most people think is the most unpopular?

I'll add my own choice later, I just want to see if many agree with me!

Comments

• belfastkidbelfastkid Posts: 2,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must be either Fergie or 'Arry in terms of pure annoyance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    McClaren? Rhodri Giggs?
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neil Warnock probably.
  • Richie1001Richie1001 Posts: 8,217
    Forum Member
    McClaren? Rhodri Giggs?

McClaren is a good shout - though he doesn't deserve all the shit he gets.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd say proab Sir Alex followed by Capello!
  • roger_50roger_50 Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Although I don't personally dislike him, Fergie will be top for many I think. Because he's so successful. And people hate longterm success (that isn't their own team).

And then you get buffoons like Warnock who are seen to be the 'village idiot' of the league.
  • BrunoStreeteBrunoStreete Posts: 7,180
    Forum Member
    So many to choose from. I love him but guess it might be Ferguson.
  • belfastkidbelfastkid Posts: 2,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    roger_50 wrote: »
    Although I don't personally dislike him, Fergie will be top for many I think. Because he's so successful. And people hate longterm success (that isn't their own team).

And then you get buffoons like Warnock who are seen to be the 'village idiot' of the league.

I dont hate fergie because he's successful. If he was gracious with that success and he didnt often shout his mouth off, ban journo's for no reason and generally act the way he does...people would like him more.
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Fergie :)

Im going for Capello as the most unpopular.
  • yakutzyakutz Posts: 10,995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steve Evans and Harry Redknapp?
    Forum Member
    belfastkid wrote: »
    I dont hate fergie because he's successful. If he was gracious with that success and he didnt often shout his mouth off, ban journo's for no reason and generally act the way he does...people would like him more.
    So would you hate him just as much if, hypothetically speaking, he'd been at your club for the last 20 years and had brought all that silverware to you instead?
  • DarksiderDarksider Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    yakutz wrote: »
    Steve Evans and Harry Redknapp?

Steve Evans would get my vote too.
    Forum Member
    For some reason, and I can't pin down why, Pulis winds me up a bit. More than most anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arsene Whinger:mad: ... Moaning french idiot....Arsenal never lose because they crap its always cos they were cheated according to him.
  • BrunoStreeteBrunoStreete Posts: 7,180
    Forum Member
    For some reason, and I can't pin down why, Pulis winds me up a bit. More than most anyway.

Me too. Mostly because I feel he should have been found out by now and hasn't been.
  • TribecTribec Posts: 9,330
    Forum Member
    Another for Steve Evans, though Cheesy what's Rhod done wrong? Salford aren't that bad news are they??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Darksider wrote: »
    Steve Evans would get my vote too.

Hell yes ...should have seen the tax dodging fat boy moaning when Crawley couldnt beat 10 man Darlo last season.
  • VinnienetVinnienet Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL, I was thinking Steve Evans. Glad I'm not alone ;)
  • onecitizenonecitizen Posts: 5,042
    Forum Member
    So would you hate him just as much if, hypothetically speaking, he'd been at your club for the last 20 years and had brought all that silverware to you instead?

Oh, envy is part of the reason people don't like Ferguson, but the fact he's a foul mouth, obnoxious, unsporting bully doesn't help his cause.
    I can't stand Allardyce, how loved by the media and yet be so mediocre can a manager be :D
  • alancrackeralancracker Posts: 5,280
    Forum Member

This.

Also not keen on various sycophantic 'Ferguson fan club' members such as Alladyce, Hodgson, Bruce, Dave Whelan the Wigan chairman..... etc.

Steve Evans is not a bad shout tho - when Crawley played at OT with him as manager wearing 'The Sun' across their chest as their sponsor I almost wanted United to win!!
  • AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fabio Capello.
  • markmc2k5markmc2k5 Posts: 3,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Undoubtedly Fergie
  • Barry WilsonBarry Wilson Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fergie may not be the most popular but he has to be one of the most respected.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Fergie's job is to manage Manchester United. Not indulge the tabloid press. He's hardly going to be liked more if he became journo friendly. He hardly shouts his mouth off alot and is one of the most respected people in the game with managers and players. He does his bit with mind games when he thinks it helps his team, like every other manager does as well. Fergie's just abit better at it than the rest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This.

Also not keen on various sycophantic 'Ferguson fan club' members such as Alladyce, Hodgson, Bruce, Dave Whelan the Wigan chairman..... etc.

Steve Evans is not a bad shout tho - when Crawley played at OT with him as manager wearing 'The Sun' across their chest as their sponsor I almost wanted United to win!!

Be honest. You don't like Fergie because you support LFC and he's built an dynasty which has seen LFC toppled as the domestic king pins of the game, i.e. because he has made your rivals successful.

You don't like these other managers because they respect Fergie, not because they have done anything wrong at all.

Nothing wrong with that. I can't stand Dalglish and always have disliked the man because he's LFC through and through.