Options

Job Agent boasts on twitter about sanctioning benefit claimants

2»

Comments

• Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    SJ_Mental wrote: »
    She isn't the only one up until recently my brother had a DWP "client advisor" living above him, She was a complete bitch and caused as much trouble as she could for him because she said he was cheating the system by claiming ESA.
    He had worked constantly since leaving school and has over the last few years got legitimate mobility problems and mental health/stress problems,
    This woman has spread lies around the neighbourhood accusing him of all sorts, Caused a daily noise nuisance basically tried to make life as bad as she could for him just for being on ESA.
    In the end he was forced to move house to escape as she had friends backing her up even at the housing association and council or anywhere he turned for help,
    There are some ****ed up principles among some in these departments a lot aren't there to help just to pass a judgement and cause grief for the vulnerable.
    shocking, though i`m unsurprised i hope he`s happier now.
  • Options
    darkislanddarkisland Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_Moogle wrote: »
    I don't think anyone will touch her with a barge pole. Recruitment agencies can't afford to hire staff as incompetent as her especially in the current employment climate.

Both she and the person who interviewed and appointed her, need to think about changing careers and moving into an area that doesn't require any skill or competency.
  • Options
    VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does she post here in Politics? :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »
    Hang on. So her job was to send unemployed people to Amazon, presumably for interviews, then when they didn't turn up, she told the job centre about them?

Nothing wrong with that as a job, but tweeting about it with obvious glee is completely unprofessional and brings her employer into disrepute.

The DWP and the various private companies they work with are already mired in bad publicity, so a case like this certainly doesn't help them. They should, quite rightly, throw the full weight of their disciplinary procedures at her and if that means she loses her job as a result, so be it.
  • Options
    iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a pathetic individual she is. It would appear that Cameron's propaganda is well infesting the minds of the terminally stupid.

Yes thats right, anyone with right ring views on benefits are just simple minded people lapping up misnformation :rolleyes:

These are the people that deal with the hardcore claimants day in and day out, yes this person shouldnt be discussing her job on twitter but it doesnt invalidate their views.
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iamsofired wrote: »
    Yes thats right, anyone with right ring views on benefits are just simple minded people lapping up misnformation :rolleyes:

These are the people that deal with the hardcore claimants day in and day out, yes this person shouldnt be discussing her job on twitter but it doesnt invalidate their views.

Well, a lot of people do have very strange views on benefits, and the Government do actively foster the idea that everyone on benefits (except the elderly) are scroungers.

As for this woman, she's both unpleasant, unprofessional and a fool (honestly, people derided that girl a while back who posted on facebook that her job was boring and got fired, but this is much worse because she's actually posting about the nature of what she's doing, and some of it does suggest she's been behaving unprofessionally and abusing her position in a spiteful way at the expense of vulnerable people). She's been suspended, and I hope she'll be fired in due course. She could do with learning about unemployment from the other side.
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pity it's one of MANY of these jumped up secretaries :mad:
  • Options
    tenofspadestenofspades Posts: 12,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wait a minute.
    So the jobcentre if someone doesn't attend an job appointment or whatever stops benefits for 13 weeks?
    I mean yeah its a crap thing to get satisfaction from when you don't know the reason they didn't attend. But surely it's more the jobcentre's fault of having this implication, and that by banning her twitter it's not really allowing a range of views on there?
  • Options
    AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if she had any idea of the trouble she was going to be in? I'm convinced some people forget Twitter is a public platform, and think they are exchanging private messages.
  • Options
    katkimkatkim Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It amazes me that people are still tweeting about their jobs and opinions about their company/workmates/clients etc. I mean, this isn't the first time unprofessional tweets has gone viral, got someone in trouble with work (and hitting the headlines) and yet people are still doing it...I really don't get it.
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    katkim wrote: »
    It amazes me that people are still tweeting about their jobs and opinions about their company/workmates/clients etc. I mean, this isn't the first time unprofessional tweets has gone viral, got someone in trouble with work (and hitting the headlines) and yet people are still doing it...I really don't get it.

They are

- attention seekers
    - just plain dumb
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    I think there is quite an over reaction here. Sure, she shouldn't have shared her views in public, but I actually don't disagree with anything she said! Winds me up with people that are on benefits purely because they get more money from the state then working.

My friends and I discuss such subjects with our views of being disgusted....only difference is that we don't put them online.
  • Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shocking, though i`m unsurprised i hope he`s happier now.
    He seems to be calmer and improving, He has had some surgery and hopes to be able to think about getting back to work in a few months now.
    Cacharodon wrote: »
    I think there is quite an over reaction here. Sure, she shouldn't have shared her views in public, but I actually don't disagree with anything she said! Winds me up with people that are on benefits purely because they get more money from the state then working.

My friends and I discuss such subjects with our views of being disgusted....only difference is that we don't put them online.

Really? Can I have some free money too, Why am I working what do I claim. . .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SJ_Mental wrote: »
    He seems to be calmer and improving, He has had some surgery and hopes to be able to think about getting back to work in a few months now.

Really? Can I have some free money too, Why am I working what do I claim. . .

I don't get your point?
  • Options
    Mr_MoogleMr_Moogle Posts: 487
    Forum Member

You agree with the following exchange?

Ms Stone’s second response was: “I get so much pleasure knowing what I can do if the [sic] mess me around. I’m going to be shot one day for it I bet!”

Her friend responded: “More likely stabbed. Your average peasant is more likely to own a BB gun than a real firearm. God I’d love your job!”

Silly little girls.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You agree with the following exchange?

Ms Stone’s second response was: “I get so much pleasure knowing what I can do if the [sic] mess me around. I’m going to be shot one day for it I bet!”

Her friend responded: “More likely stabbed. Your average peasant is more likely to own a BB gun than a real firearm. God I’d love your job!”

Silly little girls.

As far as I understand it, she is saying she get's satisfaction in helping solve the problem that is our benefit scheme? Am I right with that? Because believe me, the benefit situation is a mess and does need clearing up. I am not commenting on what her friend said.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    As far as I understand it, she is saying she get's satisfaction in helping solve the problem that is our benefit scheme? Am I right with that? Because believe me, the benefit situation is a mess and does need clearing up. I am not commenting on what her friend said.

She is getting satisfaction abusing her power and for all the wrong reasons.

It is not her job to "Solve the Problem" that is not what she is employed to do. Can you not see this?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She is getting satisfaction abusing her power and for all the wrong reasons.

It is not her job to "Solve the Problem" that is not what she is employed to do. Can you not see this?

Ok, perhaps I am misunderstanding it then as I thought she was just playing by the rules that's stated by the benefit policy?

If thats not the case and she is making her own rules up, then yes she is an idiot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ok re-reading the article, I thought she worked for the government, so I take back most what I said as she shouldn't have to power to stop benefits! :o
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Ok re-reading the article, I thought she worked for the government, so I take back most what I said as she shouldn't have to power to stop benefits! :o

She works for a recruitment firm in the private sector.
  • Options
    Forum Member

In fairness easy to misinterpret as she was talking and acting like she was working for the government. :cool:
  • Options
    Erica CartmanErica Cartman Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably votes Tory.
  • Options
    jeff_vaderjeff_vader Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or Lib-Dem. Or Labour. Same difference nowadays.

I read up everything I could on this story just to make sure I wasn't going to rush to snap judgments. Then realised my gut reaction was right. Crass and stupid.