Jake is a ringer!

attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
Forum Member
✭✭✭
He had previous dance training at state school, so unfair on the rest!!!!

By the way, this is a tongue in cheek thread. But it's unfair how the good looking young contestants, usually females, get hammered for this and nothing is said about him dancing previously :D:p

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

By the way, this is a tongue in cheek thread. But it's unfair how the good looking young contestants, usually females, get hammered for this and nothing is said about him dancing previously :D:p

Hi James :)
  • Ray_BurnRay_Burn Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    Yes, you are right of course. There are bound to be ringers of both sexes because of the celebrity nature of the show, but people are somehow less forgiving of the female ones. I think the phenomenon is true in other aspects of society, too, so SCD is no different to the norm.

I think the presence of ringers makes for more amazing dances, so I personally like it when a ringer pulls of something like Jake's Salsa or Kara's nearly everything, for the entertainment value. If a non-ringer has a genuine 'journey' and ends up being nearly as good as ringers, I'd be more inclined to support them more, but I wouldn't like to watch a load of poor or mediocre dancers week after week with no touch of brilliance whatsoever.
  • BalthusBalthus Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's quite a few ringers this year.
  • SkyrahSkyrah Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi James :)

roflmao, someone been following James on Twitter tonite :D
    James Jordan @The_JamesJordan · 2h 2 hours ago
    Jake 10!

Absolutely loved it but would love to know how he has kept his previous dance training a secret but others get hammered?

FACT!!
  • Philly1234Philly1234 Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anybody knows about ringers, it's James...he had the ringer-est ringer that ever rung :cool:
  • amelia_leeamelia_lee Posts: 11,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't see any dance training in his profile, where is it? All I can see is drama classes.
  • luigy39luigy39 Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :o JAMES IS BACK :o

Spread a rumor and some will believe.
  • Liza with a ZeeLiza with a Zee Posts: 1,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree don't like people with that level of dance training on
  • LazySusanLazySusan Posts: 6,379
    Forum Member
    Philly1234 wrote: »
    If anybody knows about ringers, it's James...he had the ringer-est ringer that ever rung :cool:

Why was Denise more of a ringer than those this year. Frankie for example her parents are ballroom teachers.
  • luigy39luigy39 Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree don't like people with that level of dance training on

so.. where did he take dancing classes Liza?
  • Fuchsia GroanFuchsia Groan Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What sort of state school? :confused::confused:
  • attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What sort of state school? :confused::confused:

I meant stage school :p

Also, I didn't get my info from Shimmy Jimmy, someone on here pointed it out last week. Mind you, Jac Jossa said he has never danced before so who knows. Just pointing out how people pick and choose who to pick on.
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dont they all get some sort of dance training at stage school? Apparently Jake wouldn't even get up and dance at weddings before scd.
  • Fuchsia GroanFuchsia Groan Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Also, I didn't get my info from Shimmy Jimmy, someone on here pointed it out last week. Mind you, Jac Jossa said he has never danced before so who knows. Just pointing out how people pick and choose who to pick on.

But there are any number of former contestants who've been to stage school - some have been good dancers, some haven't. Jake just happens to have snake 'ips and belongs to the former rather than the latter. :D
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Cue the violins
  • duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What do you mean a tongue in cheek thread ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All I can see is he went to Anna Scher theatre school which by looking at it, I haven't heard of it personally, but the website only states acting, drama and improv and no mention of dance lessons.
  • attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    amelia_lee wrote: »
    All I can see is he went to Anna Scher theatre school which by looking at it, I haven't heard of it personally, but the website only states acting, drama and improv and no mention of dance lessons.

Maybe whoever stated he had danced before was wrong. Maybe Shimmy Jimmy is also wrong.

I'm not attacking him for it by the way, I don't mind if someone has had a little bit of training though I understand why some people have thought that some contestants have an unfair advantage.
  • Twinkle toes noTwinkle toes no Posts: 1,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh shut up about 'ringers'! It's boring! I like the dancers that are good and also the ones on a blinking journey! If it was only the likes of Judy and Scott (for example) I wouldn't bother watching cos their crap! Stop with the ringer triad!!!!!!!!!!
  • Philly1234Philly1234 Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you're so bored with talk about ringers, don't come in the thread. It says ringer in the title.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Philly1234 wrote: »
    If you're so bored with talk about ringers, don't come in the thread. It says ringer in the title.

I can say what I like if it's a forum.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe whoever stated he had danced before was wrong. Maybe Shimmy Jimmy is also wrong.

I'm not attacking him for it by the way, I don't mind if someone has had a little bit of training though I understand why some people have thought that some contestants have an unfair advantage.

Oh I don't.

Some of my favourites have been ones with some training, I prefer good dancing above the starting from scratch thing, though don't get me wrong I love the unexpected like Mark R, Colin Jackson and Austin.

Anyway, I thought how good and confident he was tonight so I looked up his training for myself to see where he went, but couldn't see any dance in his past.
  • BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anna Scher is a really famous stage school and has been around for yonks (for some reason I think Pauline Quirke went there). These days it's quicker to say who hasn't been to stage school or its like.
  • duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I couldnt care less who had a bit of training , its a lot easier to watch Jake than to endure Judy barely putting one foot in front of the other
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Like you?