Abbey Clancy
Caroline Flack

Who do you think was the best winner in dance terms? 234 votes

Natasha Kaplinsky
0%
verity65MaryS 2 votes
Jill Halfpenny
11%
Zeusyellowlabbieyenstoncantosda1002tawnyjackiercamdenmacalimylerRichwoodCallmepitstopBelgoLiftDaisy19[Deleted User]kochspostulatesads84StigOfTheKrumpSueDevonstacesl3LS__x 26 votes
Darren Gough
0%
Mark Ramprakash
5%
Hamlet77jimdanReal FanEnglishspinnermissfrankiecatTavie2004iris_de_baumepabirdSueDokuSandra BeeRosegrower[Deleted User] 12 votes
Alesha Dixon
16%
Brian1709Moonbeannotsolonely153Chelle21Christian CageBuddyBontheNetpasodabbler0ry101peaceablegenie2OldShep56ElsaDilly 1Eittol96myla5troloDiamondGurlzonaSmokeychan1[Deleted User]DJ Jimmysmartie3 38 votes
Tom Chambers
1%
novicePaacebigaltChiltons Cane 4 votes
Chris Hollins
0%
Kara Tointon
41%
thenetworkbabeTelcontarVeriJulie JThe AmbassadorfatskiagrittyMaggie 55MelodyMakerGill Pscout2006nagel84cathh70[Deleted User]mag99gorlagonfelinoj4Rosecol 1nfondantfancy 96 votes
Harry Judd
4%
AnniedBMLisaolivejrainbow321LeonalewisJfandancing-girlDesmoulinsGwaed WaedlydCloudy2dharma3 10 votes
Louis Smith
3%
welwynroseSeymourParty AnimalbornfreeMerityhannah[Deleted User]Kayleigh_LawrenKorkyTheCat 9 votes
Abbey Clancy
1%
jake lyleDiamondDollGoinGagaEmma2121 4 votes
Caroline Flack
14%
JAMESPEARCE91LazySusanJamieHTBlondsicleMonaoggRodney McKay[Deleted User]dvfan1-Felicity-pothuthicRoseAnneWeasel1222hownwbrowncow[Deleted User]Joel BonnerLiam1999Pashultythengp12LiliaprincessJ.R 33 votes

Comments

• StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    Alesha Dixon
    Poll should be up in a moment. ;)
    Forum Member
    Alesha Dixon
    For me, it was Alesha although it was close between her and Kara. :)
  • AndrxwAndrxw Posts: 10,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jill Halfpenny
    For me, Jill Halfpenny had a great skill on the dance floor, and her jive was outstanding. 10s were a lot more rare in those early days, and she got the first ever 40. Of course if she'd done the show now her scores would be a lot higher.
  • lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kara Tointon
    Karaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Caroline a close 2nd
    Forum Member
    Alesha Dixon
    dennisboy wrote: »
    For me, Jill Halfpenny had a great skill on the dance floor, and her jive was outstanding. 10s were a lot more rare in those early days, and she got the first ever 40. Of course if she'd done the show now her scores would be a lot higher.

What I can't believe though about Jill is that her Paso only scored 37! >:(

Thanks to Arlene though, she got a ten for it! :D

I think you can tell that I thought her paso should have got more than 37. :p
    Forum Member
    Alesha Dixon
    lewismacf wrote: »
    Karaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Caroline a close 2nd

How could I tell?! :D

Especially as you accidentally voted for her on the worst winner poll! :D
  • lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kara Tointon
    How could I tell?! :D

Especially as you accidentally voted for her on the worst winner poll! :D

its not my fault she was underneath My lest favourite winner
  • daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kara Tointon
    Kara and Caroline. Actually Caroline was faultless in her final which Kara wasn't .. but then I think she was injured.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kara Tointon
    dennisboy wrote: »
    Yes .. but the calls of 'ringer' .. from those that obsess about these things .. would be ringing in our ears. She was excellent .. but other than her jive .. I don't remember many of her dances. Perhaps I should refresh my memory on YouTube?
    Forum Member
    Alesha Dixon
    lewismacf wrote: »
    its not my fault she was underneath My lest favourite winner

I know it was an accident! :D

But it was ironic wasn't it?! :D
  • postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kara Tointon
    Actually, the best dancer was Natalie. Though not a winner, she was undoubtedly the best dancer by a mile.
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kara Tointon
    No contest - Kara by miles. Jill would come second.

Caroline's Latin was good but her ballroom technique was decent at best, and Alesha was a great performer but her Latin was technically as good as it could have been. Similarly Harry wasn't great at Latin. They'd make up my top 5 of winners though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    Alesha Dixon
    Alesha for me, I still think shes the best all-rounder. Kara and Jill come a close 2nd and 3rd.
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kara Tointon
    Best female is Kara and best male is Ramps.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kara Tointon
    postit wrote: »
    Actually, the best dancer was Natalie. Though not a winner, she was undoubtedly the best dancer by a mile.
    No .. I don't think so. She had ability but she didn't express emotion through her dancing .. not to me anyway. It was all a bit DVO painting by numbers. Accomplished but not engaging. And you need to be both to really sell the dance. I liked some of her routines but too often felt indifferent.
    Anyhow .. I think Pixie was better than her.
  • MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caroline Flack
    daziechain wrote: »
    No .. I don't think so. She had ability but she didn't express emotion through her dancing .. not to me anyway. It was all a bit DVO painting by numbers. Accomplished but not engaging. And you need to be both to really sell the dance. I liked some of her routines but too often felt indifferent.
    Anyhow .. I think Pixie was better than her.

Funny old world. I thought Natalie expressed the emotion & her sheer joy in dancing brilliantly. Similarly Caroline this year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kara Tointon
    Monaogg wrote: »
    Funny old world. I thought Natalie expressed the emotion & her sheer joy in dancing brilliantly. Similarly Caroline this year.
    I saw it in Caroline .. heaps but never really saw it in Natalie. I found the partnership a bit awkward too. I was glad she got to the final though .. and to the final three which was a surprise but a real testament to her showdance routine which was brilliant.
  • MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    postit wrote: »

I agree.
  • nagel84nagel84 Posts: 13,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kara Tointon
    Since I've been watching (SCD4 onwards) - Kara by some distance.
  • MoonbeanMoonbean Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alesha Dixon
    For me Alesha was the best by miles: her Latin and ballroom were technically excellent and she just made the dances come alive for me.
  • CallmepitstopCallmepitstop Posts: 3,456
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jill Halfpenny
    I voted for Jill :)
  • DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kara Tointon
    Top 3, Jill, Alesha and Kara, but I reckon Kara just edges Jill as the best overall
  • IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    Caroline Flack
    I think Kara is terribly overrated.
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    Kara Tointon
    Kara, followed by Jill. The others are considerably behind them.
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    Kara Tointon
    Moonbean wrote: »
    For me Alesha was the best by miles: her Latin and ballroom were technically excellent and she just made the dances come alive for me.

Her jive and Cha Cha technique was pretty poor from memory, but everyone has their favourites.