Being Two-Faced

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 514
Forum Member
✭✭
Implies saying one thing (basic approach or sentiment) to someone's face and another behind their back.

Having watched back the available snippets (we don't have live feed) Katie H was not two faced to Katie P. She has actually not been two faced to anyone in any meaningful way.

The worst case of being two-faced is displayed by Nadia..... she is pretending to 'care' etc whilst quite obviously playing the same game as Katie H and Perez. Problem is that most of the public don't seem to be able to spot the sanctimonious bullshitter for who she is. She cannot possibly call out Katie H for horrendous behaviour at the same time as absolving Perez. She even acknowledges that they are the same... she is either deluded, or two faced.

As for the rest of that incredibly stupid outburst from the plastic woman (KP - character included) I shudder to think of the depths of hypocrisy reached by someone whose morals fall in line with her commercial interests.

Katie Hopkins may be an outspoken, accutely insensitive and indeed a bit of a rabble rouser, but she basically does shoot from the hip. From that point of view I prefer her to the rest as I feel that not only is she entertaining in a somewhat macabre manner, but she is also being true to her somewhat spikey self.

(and yes, I agree that Keith is being genuine and maybe a little entertaining infrequently - as much as a damp squib can be)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 465
    Forum Member
    I have to agree, KH is not two faced, blunt and opinionated - not two faced
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,927
    Forum Member
    Well she has at least two faces hanging off the front of her skull.
  • amyawakeamyawake Posts: 7,848
    Forum Member
    So....just a vulgar bigot then? :p
  • Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member
    Moo_Chops wrote: »
    Implies saying one thing (basic approach or sentiment) to someone's face and another behind their back.

Having watched back the available snippets (we don't have live feed) Katie H was not two faced to Katie P. She has actually not been two faced to anyone in any meaningful way.

The worst case of being two-faced is displayed by Nadia..... she is pretending to 'care' etc whilst quite obviously playing the same game as Katie H and Perez. Problem is that most of the public don't seem to be able to spot the sanctimonious bullshitter for who she is. She cannot possibly call out Katie H for horrendous behaviour at the same time as absolving Perez. She even acknowledges that they are the same... she is either deluded, or two faced.

As for the rest of that incredibly stupid outburst from the plastic woman (KP - character included) I shudder to think of the depths of hypocrisy reached by someone whose morals fall in line with her commercial interests.

Katie Hopkins may be an outspoken, accutely insensitive and indeed a bit of a rabble rouser, but she basically does shoot from the hip. From that point of view I prefer her to the rest as I feel that not only is she entertaining in a somewhat macabre manner, but she is also being true to her somewhat spikey self.

(and yes, I agree that Keith is being genuine and maybe a little entertaining infrequently - as much as a damp squib can be)

If we take the term "two-faced" literally it means wearing one face (e.g. friendly) with a person to their face while wearing another face (e.g. disparaging, critical, condescending) behind their back.

Which means Katie Hopkins most definitely HAS been the most two-faced person in the house. Or have you forgotten the conversation in which she discussed Keith being an alcoholic or Patsy being a hypochondriac or Katie Price never getting a man? Plus what she says in the diary room or to, say, Michelle is more scathing and hyperbolic than what she says to their faces even when she's purportedly being 'open'.

And it means Nadia has NOT been two-faced because the faces she wears with Katie are quite consistent. When half the forum was hyperventilating because she was "bitching" about Katie in the toilet privately, they failed to acknowledge that she wasn't even pretending to like or be Katie's friend openly. She gave her a very wide birth. They now tolerate each other and don't nakedly dislike each other but they'll never be friends and Nadia has consistently maintained this TO KATIE'S FACE.

Nadia has also not been two-faced about anyone else in the house. Until the other day, she was friends with everyone...Keith, Cami, Michelle, KP, Alicia, Patsy, Kav, etc. Unless you want to try and cite another example beyond KH?
  • RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    The thing is without watching her on a 24/7 live feed you can't possibly know whether she is two faced or not.

We get about 40 minutes from all the HMs combined.

Besides Hopkins has far worse proven qualities than two faced.
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What Katie H said about Katie P was she was "acting like the girl next door when she is not that in real life. That point got lost in their argument. She was being two faced, no question about it.

http://bigbrother.channel5.com/day-23-pricey-bites-back-katie-hopkins

Yes she says some things to people's faces but not with the same emphasis or vitriol and spite she uses behind their backs to think she's point scoring and so wise.:confused:

What is far more interesting is how this is now affecting Michelle who seems to be waking up to the idiot. She's also infatuated with Katie P, of course and needs to garner some credibility with the really successful HM's , before it's too late.
    Forum Member
    anne_666 wrote: »
    What Katie H said about Katie P was she was "acting like the girl next door when she is not that in real life. That point got lost in their argument. She was being two faced, no question about it.

http://bigbrother.channel5.com/day-23-pricey-bites-back-katie-hopkins

Yes she says some things to people's faces but not with the same emphasis or vitriol and spite she uses behind their backs to think she's point scoring and so wise.:confused:

What is far more interesting is how this is now affecting Michelle who seems to be waking up to the idiot. She's also infatuated with Katie P, of course and needs to garner some credibility with the really successful HM's , before it's too late.

I think Michelle is all about projecting the right image of integrity and credibility but I think she's also got a good heart. So I can't quite work out if last night was a genuine attempt to distance herself from KH because she's come to her senses after Perez's accusations or if it's just made her realise how bad she may look inside and outside the house, i.e. she's in damage-limitation mode.

She knows Katie is popular with the public so that wouldn't make sense. But then again, if Michelle wants to win herself, she may think a bit of tactical distance is necessary, because KH can evidently get away with that kind of stuff where no one else can.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If we take the term "two-faced" literally it means wearing one face (e.g. friendly) with a person to their face while wearing another face (e.g. disparaging, critical, condescending) behind their back.

Which means Katie Hopkins most definitely HAS been the most two-faced person in the house. Or have you forgotten the conversation in which she discussed Keith being an alcoholic or Patsy being a hypochondriac or Katie Price never getting a man? Plus what she says in the diary room or to, say, Michelle is more scathing and hyperbolic than what she says to their faces even when she's purportedly being 'open'.

And it means Nadia has NOT been two-faced because the faces she wears with Katie are quite consistent. When half the forum was hyperventilating because she was "bitching" about Katie in the toilet privately, they failed to acknowledge that she wasn't even pretending to like or be Katie's friend openly. She gave her a very wide birth. They now tolerate each other and don't nakedly dislike each other but they'll never be friends and Nadia has consistently maintained this TO KATIE'S FACE.

Nadia has also not been two-faced about anyone else in the house. Until the other day, she was friends with everyone...Keith, Cami, Michelle, KP, Alicia, Patsy, Kav, etc. Unless you want to try and cite another example beyond KH?

I just don't agree.

Hopkins personality and views are well documented and whether she screams them now or later does not identify her as two faced.

Nadia befriends people of the same character and splits hairs between right and wrong presenting two polar views for the same behaviour and sanctimoniously defending the complete lack of difference.

She sits on a panel of independent women and yet cannot find it in herself to actually let anyone finish a statement, she preaches tolerence and practices intolerence towards Katie H.

Her views when questioned all lie in pc land ready for the next change of fashion.

The term two-faced does not belong to the person who speaks what she thinks, even if more vehemently on her own... don't we all! It belongs to the person who preaches one thing and acts another in respect to how they deal with people.

This Nadia owns.
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The simple fact that Katie Hopkins went behind that mirror on Day 1 and bitched about them all and then went out and became their friends would suggest to me that she is the very epitome of two faced.
  • Purple.Purple. Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Very true.
  • AMS13AMS13 Posts: 1,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The simple fact that Katie Hopkins went behind that mirror on Day 1 and bitched about them all and then went out and became their friends would suggest to me that she is the very epitome of two faced.

That was a task and based on immediate impressions. Same as Nadia, who has not changed her opinion of Katie H. If Katie H was to do the same task at the end, no doubt her opinions would have changed. At the end of the day, I have how many of them have said negative things about the others? That is part of the game, negative and positive points of view.

At the end of the day, they are all in their for a pay check or to further their careers. They are not in there to make friends, it is a job and if they make genuine friends and relationships from that period, then good.

Chris Biggins, on BOTS was in the Jungle with Katie. She was the 2nd to be voted out and yet they are still very good friends, owing to their time in the jungle.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopkins is a total Janus.
  • purplesky99purplesky99 Posts: 1,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well analysed. She is guilty of two facedness. That is beyond reasonable doubt.
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just don't agree.

Hopkins personality and views are well documented and whether she screams them now or later does not identify her as two faced.

Nadia befriends people of the same character and splits hairs between right and wrong presenting two polar views for the same behaviour and sanctimoniously defending the complete lack of difference.

She sits on a panel of independent women and yet cannot find it in herself to actually let anyone finish a statement, she preaches tolerence and practices intolerence towards Katie H.

Her views when questioned all lie in pc land ready for the next change of fashion.

The term two-faced does not belong to the person who speaks what she thinks, even if more vehemently on her own... don't we all! It belongs to the person who preaches one thing and acts another in respect to how they deal with people.

This Nadia owns.

Excellent post. I completely agree.

Nadia, the one who goes on and on about being 'authentic' seriously isn't at all.

And Bib, very well put.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member

The ones who are shouting 2 faced are the ones being 2 faced.
    Forum Member
    I just don't agree.

This Nadia owns.

BIB, to me you're describing "double standards" or "hypocrisy" there.

So again, I'll ask for specific examples of Nadia being "two-faced". When has she pretended to like someone and behaved differently behind their back? When has she been duplicitous or deceitful? Who in that house might feel betrayed by Nadia if her conversations about them were revealed?

Because unless you can provide empirical evidence, then you're just making generic comments based on opinion and not fact.

As for Katie, again I gave you specific examples of nasty comments she's made about HMs behind their back that she has definitely NOT said to their face or even intimated. Katie Price, for example, thought they were developing a friendship. Your explanation was... well, I'm not quite sure I followed it actually... that her values and opinions are "well documented" ergo no one should be surprised if she bitches about them privately? That doesn't NOT make her two-faced, it just means people have an expectation she'll insult them either privately or to their face. And that's really not a thing to applaud.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Michelle is all about projecting the right image of integrity and credibility but I think she's also got a good heart. So I can't quite work out if last night was a genuine attempt to distance herself from KH because she's come to her senses after Perez's accusations or if it's just made her realise how bad she may look inside and outside the house, i.e. she's in damage-limitation mode.

She knows Katie is popular with the public so that wouldn't make sense. But then again, if Michelle wants to win herself, she may think a bit of tactical distance is necessary, because KH can evidently get away with that kind of stuff where no one else can.

Neither. Michelle respects both Katies. The clip of Michelle talking with Calum says as much at the end. http://bigbrother.channel5.com/day-22-calum-and-michelle-talk-final
  • B L ZeebubB L Zeebub Posts: 9,134
    Forum Member
    Conehead wrote: »
    Hopkins is a total Janus.

Agreed,
    A HUGE one.
  • Captain KipperCaptain Kipper Posts: 9,913
    Forum Member

Totally agree OP.

KH has been far from two faced.

Nadia goes around acting like shes a saint but has been the one bitching about others behind their backs...her toilet chats are now legendary.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember a lot of times where KH was two faced.

1. That first shopping task where Ken and Michelle read out statements about each housemate. It was the fourth day, I think? The one where Perez asked Katie Hopkins if she felt bad about f***ing a married man. Anyway, when Perez was crying :( , he apologised to KH. Then, KH said it was fine and she forgave him. She was smiling at him and everything. Then, next thing you know, when Perez turns around, KH rolls her eyes and moans about him to Cami.

2. Keith. Okay, fair enough. She DID actually like him at first HOWEVER! This week, she has constantly moaned about him using humour to make friends, how everything has to be about him and more. Then, she just laughs and smiles at him the next day!

Now, if that isnt two faced them I don't know what it!