Cruelty in the name of "religion"

2»

Comments

• GreenDamskGreenDamsk Posts: 672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trucibelle wrote: »
    But had you been brought up with that religion you would possibly think differently.

I agree that if I had been brainwashed and conditioned then I wouldn't have this opinion, luckily my parents didn't do that to me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trucibelle wrote: »
    It is more publicized because of the celebration, but they don't just kill animals this way for two weeks of the year.

Yeah that's true I guess. But I still find that method of slaughter cruel!
  • jalbionjalbion Posts: 1,955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    batgirl wrote: »
    I heard you were on the look-out for more victims. :eek: :D

Oh yes, the more the merrier.

On a more serious note Batgirl. Having heard the things you do to animals, I am surprised at your holier than thou (;)) attitude on the subject. :D
  • TrucibelleTrucibelle Posts: 5,108
    Forum Member
    GreenDamsk wrote: »
    I agree that if I had been brainwashed and conditioned then I wouldn't have this opinion, luckily my parents didn't do that to me.

Yes, what seems barbaric to the western world is seen as normal and acceptable there. We are lucky to not have to adhere to these practices...
  • O.o Waaaa?O.o Waaaa? Posts: 5,585
    Forum Member
    solare wrote: »
    Do you think this kind of cruelty in the name of religion is acceptable?
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7052543.stm

Personally I find it disgusting. To cause suffering to anyone or anything in order to "please the gods" is both misguided and abhorrent.

Ive seen things like that on documentarys, where a goat had its throat cut (there was a horrble gurgling noise :() for a religious banquet. Another documentary showed male goats having their testicles ripped off while they are awake for neutering purposes but also for the "tribes" or villages or whatever to boil the testicles up and eat them as a special meal. In the same programme it showed another way of killing that kind of live stock by pinning the animal down and puncturing the heart while its still alive and kicking :( horrible way to die.
  • batgirlbatgirl Posts: 42,248
    Forum Member
    jalbion wrote: »
    Oh yes, the more the merrier.

On a more serious note Batgirl. Having heard the things you do to animals, I am surprised at your holier than thou (;)) attitude on the subject. :D

Fair point. ;)