Options

Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    ShaynaJayShaynaJay Posts: 1,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just saw this on my youtube subscriptions that was uploaded,

A little throwback for y'all (from 2012)
    Full episode-Season 1 Episode 3 of "Styled To Rock" featuring Little Mix
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRsCaczmJ5o
  • Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember that. The wannabe stylists did such a bad job that the girls ended up styling themselves (but were very polite about it).

This is a better quality clip than the one I watched back then, thanks for the link. Hilarious bit with Nicola and Kimberley about the outfits they had to wear as Girls Aloud.
  • Options
    old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    old mixer wrote: »
    Sadly, yes... Sycophants and morons get stupidly excited over rubbish songs, political voting etc,etc........meh!!!
    Eurovision won by "bearded Lady" (drag queen) from Austria --- UK placed 17th...
    Point made!!!;-)
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    old mixer wrote: »
    Eurovision won by "bearded Lady" (drag queen) from Austria --- UK placed 17th...
    Point made!!!;-)

The winner was actually an incredibly talented woman which made a lot of countries vote outside of their usual country allegiances. No need to drag her win down like that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    aldu wrote: »
    I miss their acapellas, acoustics, we have not had some in a while...

Same but at least we get the Who's Loving You a capella on the Salute EP.
  • Options
    Emma_WaughmanEmma_Waughman Posts: 12,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jesy has dyed her hair back to brunette.
  • Options
    Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jesy has dyed her hair back to brunette.

Oh that's sad, I loved the red. She was like a grunge Jessica Rabbit.
  • Options
    siriusrosesiriusrose Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if the Salute (single) will be officially top 100 today. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The winner was actually an incredibly talented woman

:confused:

"Conchita is the alter-ego of 25 year old Tom Neuwirth."

After seeing some stills of the contestants I wonder why anyone bothers with XF and BGT. Those shows look so tame.

Too bad about Jesy's red hair. Maybe it was too hard to maintain like the last time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #74 Salute's been knocked down by the 14 Eurovision entries coming into iTunes.
  • Options
    EpicEastendersEpicEastenders Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone! I will continue with the sales.

CV, I will also take that on board. Roughly off the back of my head 'Salute' was confirmed to have sold 80,000 by @chartnews on Twitter! Also, 'Word Up!' sold 2k more at 69,000.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay, they've officially charted at #74 with 'Salute'!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It says week 2? What was it the first time?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It says week 2? What was it the first time?

It charted at 182 or something during the week the album was released!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought OCC only counted chart weeks in the Top 75 or 100?

Here's the ChartNews citation for posterity.

@chartnews
    US album sales: Salute, @littlemixoffic 80,000.
    9 May 14

I hope Columbia tries with Salute.
  • Options
    AshleyRoseXAshleyRoseX Posts: 2,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rumour going around that NFL is the final single and it'll be a tour music video.

It's not 100% confirmed though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UK chart

74 N 1 Little Mix Salute

64 58 26 Little Mix Salute

The album didnt drop as much as I thought based on its iTunes position. Half a year charting too! Isnt that pretty much every week its been out? Now I wonder if album sales were equivalent to same positions when DNA was first out if the current tally would be much higher.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :confused:

"Conchita is the alter-ego of 25 year old Tom Neuwirth."

Tom Neuwirth is obviously a male but Conchita is his drag queen alter-ego and drag queens use feminine pronouns when you address them in their character.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rumour going around that NFL is the final single and it'll be a tour music video.

It's not 100% confirmed though.

As much as I would love NFL to be a single it deserves more than a tour video and if they can't give it that I would personally rather they save their money and go all out for the lead single for album #3. Salute (single) is an incredible song to close the campaign on and they are looking to release the new album in Oct/Nov, releasing another single from the campaign would make the two eras to close together imo. Plus Leigh Anne has said Salute is the last single from this era so it would be strange for them to change their minds.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UK chart

74 N 1 Little Mix Salute

64 58 26 Little Mix Salute

The album didnt drop as much as I thought based on its iTunes position. Half a year charting too! Isnt that pretty much every week its been out? Now I wonder if album sales were equivalent to same positions when DNA was first out if the current tally would be much higher.

Great result with the single and the album still charting! Am I right in thinking Salute has never left the top 100? I'm sure it got to #99 a few weeks back but bounced back up the charts the following week. If it has had a week out it's not been for long. Very impressive really, sales are low so if you look at that alone people seem to presume it's flopping, but in reality it's been a great success for them. I just wish the album market would get a boost somehow and their figures could look more impressive when compared to previous girl groups.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salute went 99 and 98 before Google Play came along to drag it back from the brink, I think. I think its run is unbroken though, unlike DNA's.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    siriusrose wrote: »
    As much as I would love NFL to be a single it deserves more than a tour video and if they can't give it that I would personally rather they save their money and go all out for the lead single for album #3. Salute (single) is an incredible song to close the campaign on and they are looking to release the new album in Oct/Nov, releasing another single from the campaign would make the two eras to close together imo. Plus Leigh Anne has said Salute is the last single from this era so it would be strange for them to change their minds.

I agree with all of this, conversely, I think its a mistake for them to have gaps between albums like they did last year. This was really noticeable in the US but even in the UK its good to keep a presence on radio and with the public. For the next album I hope they keep that in mind.
  • Options
    avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Little Mix's wardrobe for Salute Tour! pic.twitter.com/tDILYbtFHD

Sorry if posted already!
  • Options
    DreCDreC Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm trying so hard not to type in the link, I want everything to be a surprise, pre social media days there wouldn't be all these leaks and sneak peaks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You wont see much, its a bunch of squished together clothing hanging on rails. Nothing can be clearly seen.

The other day I rewatched them on XF Tour video and thought that was a lifetime away.
This discussion has been closed.