Options

Episode 3:

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 268
Forum Member
The Doctor takes Roston and Jasmine back to Manchester 2009 to visit Jasmine's family. However, as the TARDIS lands, its diverted to New Earth in the far future. Arriving there, they discover peace talks between the humans, an old enemy and a new race. A spanner in the works is all its takes to hurtle New Earth to extinction: can the Doctor stop it before its too late??

Now then...

Still need to get some ideas together before we write it ok> visit http://doctorwhostories.webs.com XD. voice your opinion now!

Comments

• Options
    TheCutoutWitchTheCutoutWitch Posts: 632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    could you not keep it to the same thread rather than clogging up the forum everytime you start a new episode?
    especially if you have a website as well i dont see the need
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but this way we advertise! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    this will be the last one to "clog up the forum" whilst the website is set up ok? =P

The TARDIS console heaved up and around as it landed in Manchester. Roston stared eagerly at the doors, impatient to see previous life. Jasmine put on a thick coat and proceeded towards the doors first.

And then the Cloister Bell sounded.

"Don't go out!" the Doctor yelled, hurling himself ahead. The central pillar heaved up and down, and the interior glowed bright red. Smoke ascended from the grill, and then stopped.

"I don't think we're in Manchester," the Doctor announced, a voice in the darkness. He pressed open the door in shock and walked out into a large circular room.

"Hello? Anybody home?" the Doctor called, his voice bouncing off the walls. A man in a tuxedo strolled towards him from the back and beckoned.

"Are you alright sir?" he asked in a curt voice.

"Yes. I was on my way to Manchester actually and I sort of.. landed here... which is where?"

"Oh you're in New New York sir. The year 345 AHM. After Human Migration to you sir. Yes you're just in time to witness the Conference of New Brooklyn..."
  • Options
    mikkyhmikkyh Posts: 1,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont see it is a clogging up the forum. There are different threads for different stories - which is why there are named restrospectively.
  • Options
    JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    When I see the thread title "episode 3" I think of The Unquiet Dead - episode 3 of modern DW. Please put in the thread title that you're referring to a fanfic instead.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ok sorry about that :P someone else write the next bit??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 229
    Forum Member
    "Doctor?" Jasmine said poking her head out from the tardis "where are we?"
    "Ah well yes umm not manchester" the doctor replied running his hand through his hair "infact we're not even on your earth"
    "What do you mean my earth?!" Jasmine said increduosly "have we been taken to another dimension or something?"
    The doctor looked taken aback at this and pulled a face
    "Different dimension..honestly sometimes jasmine i do wonder about you..we're in you're universe i take it thats what you meant, we're just on NEW Earth"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    "New Earth?" Roston asked, staring at the Doctor and the man in the suit.

"Yeah... Well after Earth was destroyed the humans moved away to this place. I've been here twice. Met some cat people, and the Macra. Big crabs. BIG," the Doctor replied, staring at his companions.

"What's going on?"

"Who the hell are you?" the man asked.

The door on the other side of the room exploded, and a veil of smoke drifted in amongst the confusion. A dim shape outlined itself from the rest, grabbed someone and left. The smoke cleared to reveal clawmarks scratched down the TARDIS. Jasmine and Roston swam into the Doctor's view.

"Where did that guy go?" Jasmine asked.

"Doctor what are these marks on the TARDIS?" Roston demanded.

"I don't know... but it looked like a Sea Devil...."
  • Options
    TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [post deleted; too late]
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was a sudden explosion, a small time capsule attached to the tardis fell off, its small claws retracted into its body, and it split in half, releasing a gas, The Sea Devil Leader, a Silurian and 2 Sea Devil warriors were formed from the gas, "FIRE!" the Sea Devil leader roared, picking up the Time Capsule.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorry cheesey, that doesn't fit in. Im so sorry

The Doctor ran outside, half expecting to see a Sea Devil running down the street. To his surprise, nothing moved on the streets at all. Midnight clung over New Earth, and there was silence everywhere. Cars were left burning in the street, and up ahead the hospital resembed an inferno.

"Ahh the hospital. I was over there. What's happened to it?"

"That would be the Sea Devils," a man whispered from inside his car. He lay there in the wreckage, his voice barely audible against the roar of the flames. "They came many years ago during the drug roar that killed the original founders of New Earth, offering their services. Except it became ugly when we couldn't pay them back,"

"So a war broke out?" Jasmine said, filling in the blanks as she stared at the carnage.

"Devastation. Well, that and the other lot. No one's seen those though: they're lurking around the city," the stranger whispered.

"And you are?" Roston demanded, wishing he had a weapon for comfort

"Orson," he murmered, his body movements still fearing capture.

"Which leaves the New Brooklyn Conference. Come on! We need to go up to see the top people. Take care Orson,"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry everyone. You can't write anymore. This is due to the fact not enougth people were writing so Blacktear1992 has taken it into his own hands.

If you wish to find out about our writing and if you would like to assist. We are at this site. http://doctorwhostories.webs.com/

Thanks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okie :)
  • Options
    davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    awww! i thought i was going to do episode 3!

never mind. i'll do episode 4 instead :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    don't worry mate :D u can either write on your own or with someone else on the forums :D
  • Options
    GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry everyone. You can't write anymore. This is due to the fact not enougth people were writing so Blacktear1992 has taken it into his own hands.

If you wish to find out about our writing and if you would like to assist. We are at this site. http://doctorwhostories.webs.com/

Thanks

so youve taken the ball and bogged off to another site then?

i think you will find that some people have lives and cant be adding stuff 24hrs a day 365 days a year

you have to learn patience
  • Options
    Forum Member
    in answer to this thread, we decided to head to the website in response to a few factors:

- criticism from other members of the forum regarding this forum (it clogged up the forum)

-inactive spells where people didn't contribute.

I understand people do have lives, but we wanted to satisfy everyone. By having a website we could broadcast on our own customised site. It's a larger space for us to publish our work.

Everyone is welcome to head to the website and contribute on there, as well as have their say in shaping the site. The stories will be continued, and with the chatbar app writers can discuss their developments to avoid clashes of literature =D so no more deleting cos it's too late!

Apologies again if you feel annoyed, and hopefully you'll join us in writing more episodes =D

BT, DA and the Team
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    in answer to this thread, we decided to head to the website in response to a few factors:

- criticism from other members of the forum regarding this forum (it clogged up the forum)

-inactive spells where people didn't contribute.

I understand people do have lives, but we wanted to satisfy everyone. By having a website we could broadcast on our own customised site. It's a larger space for us to publish our work.

Everyone is welcome to head to the website and contribute on there, as well as have their say in shaping the site. The stories will be continued, and with the chatbar app writers can discuss their developments to avoid clashes of literature =D so no more deleting cos it's too late!

Apologies again if you feel annoyed, and hopefully you'll join us in writing more episodes =D

BT, DA and the Team

no mate youve satisfied yourselves and no one else,i was all for having somewhere where the stories could go,but moving everything over there for the sake of a few people is silly
  • Options
    Forum Member
    All our content was always going to be transferred (as suggested by Mikkyh) it was just so that it wouldn't clog up the forums. There have been growing concerns over not only the quality of our work but the quantity (see New Episode Writer)

Group stories will still carry on but on the website (again, recommended in NEW episode writer). It's an improved medium for us to collectively publish our work.

Again, apologies.

BT, DA and the team
  • Options
    TheCutoutWitchTheCutoutWitch Posts: 632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All our content was always going to be transferred (as suggested by Mikkyh) it was just so that it wouldn't clog up the forums. There have been growing concerns over not only the quality of our work but the quantity (see New Episode Writer)

Group stories will still carry on but on the website (again, recommended in NEW episode writer). It's an improved medium for us to collectively publish our work.

Again, apologies.

BT, DA and the team

I think youve been very reasonable and sensible about the whole thing. Good on you!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    right then i've started a section on http://doctorwhostories.webs.com. all contributions welcome, and i'm willing to compromise with iglex and gareth197901 =D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was nice seeing that I was going to be doing the website and it all seems to have been taken out of my hands. If, of course, you can call an account at webs.com a proper site.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikkyh wrote: »
    It was nice seeing that I was going to be doing the website and it all seems to have been taken out of my hands. If, of course, you can call an account at webs.com a proper site.

are you still going to do the site?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    are you still going to do the site?

Doubt it...someone else has done it now so who am I to go and make a better one ? XD