RIP Cory Monteith

2»

Comments

• Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    djfunnyman wrote: »
    Absolutely shocked by this, almost as devestated for Lea who will now have to start planning a funeral instead of a wedding

When was an engagement announced? The poor girl
  • Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It wasn't/hasn't been, this is an internet rumour only.
  • Options
    djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They were getting married in two weeks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    djfunnyman wrote: »
    They were getting married in two weeks

As someone else pointed out that appeared to b a rumour as I heard filming on the new series due to start then
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As someone else pointed out that appeared to b a rumour as I heard filming on the new series due to start then

Yes, it had been confirmed that the new series would be starting production in two weeks but I think the wedding is just a rumour as there hasn't ever been any news of an official engagement. That's not to say perhaps there wasn't a private arrangement, but nothing they'd chosen to reveal to the public.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it had been confirmed that the new series would be starting production in two weeks but I think the wedding is just a rumour as there hasn't ever been any news of an official engagement. That's not to say perhaps there wasn't a private arrangement, but nothing they'd chosen to reveal to the public.

Yeah that's what I thought
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah that's what I thought

That's it as far as I'm aware anyway. Beyond devastating for Lea either way, my heart just breaks for her.
  • Options
    tamibecketttamibeckett Posts: 5,261
    Forum Member
    http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2013/07/cory-monteith-lea-michele-a-tv-fairytale.html
    Cory Monteith & Lea Michele: A TV fairytale

By David Knox on July 15, 2013 / Filed Under News, Top Stories 8

Every once in a while television produces a fairytale romance that defines a series.

Scott and Charlene. Ricky and Lucy. Scully and Mulder. Darren and Samantha. Sam and Diane. Homer and Marge.

Until yesterday I’d never seen Rachel and Finn from Glee in the way I do today.

In life as on screen they were a match-made couple and today it’s heart-wrenching to watch their duets on YouTube.

The death of Cory Monteith is especially hard given his tender age of just 31 years, and if early reports are to be believed, such a senseless way to go.

Fans have been pouring out their emotions through social media, especially professing their love for Lea Michele.

Glee was a shooting star when Ryan Murphy brought it to screen, boldly returning music drama to television and capturing our imagination. Its young cast became overnight sensations, with songs charting and tours selling out. Cory Monteith and Lea Michele were at the centre of its universe.

For this young couple, the fairytale of meeting on set, playing partners on screen and realising it in real life, was pitch perfect for the audience. As Glee‘s football player and girl next door, Finn and Rachel constantly sang of their love, dueting on Don’t Go Breaking my Heart, Smile, Open Your Heart, I Just Can’t Stop Loving You, With You I’m Born Again, and You’re the One That I Want -we bought it all.

In interviews they couldn’t hide their devotion. Even Matthew Morrison had said one day he wanted to sing at their wedding.

Admittedly, Glee has plummeted almost as quickly as it rose, but it’s hard not to look back on those early seasons, knowing they will never again be realised. Little did we know, it was lightning in a bottle.

Canadian-born Monteith had an extensive history of substance addiction. He was admitted into rehab in March where he remained until late April.

But he had previously received treatment when he was 19 and had spoken about his addiction struggles, saying he had a serious problem and took just “anything and everything.”

Today so many young fans will be feeling this tragedy more than many celebrity deaths. Monteith’s young age, the popularity of Glee and the romance with Lea Michele all make his passing more profound.

While the tribute videos are already emerging on YouTube, here are just a few passing memories from happier times on Glee.

:cry:This hurts:cry: Devastated for Lea.
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Westboro Baptist Church will be picketing his funeral.

What a bunch of tossers.
  • Options
    xxLoopy_louxxxxLoopy_louxx Posts: 21,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    The Westboro Baptist Church will be picketing his funeral.

What a bunch of tossers.

I saw that, and the stuff they've said about him and Lea since he passed away, there are no words to describe just how horrible their plan is.

They're apparently banned from Canada though so hopefully they won't have any luck.
  • Options
    rammie96rammie96 Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    Coroner's report gives 'alcohol and heroin' as cause of death.
  • Options
    NicolaClareNicolaClare Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    rammie96 wrote: »

this is so sad :-(
  • Options
    natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm so sad to hear this news I was so hoping it wasn't going to be drug related :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was so sad to hear this. He had tried but unfortunately his addiction had a hold on him. :(
  • Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sadly seen this as a lethal combination too many times over my career in journalism. Such a crying shame that his demons caught up with him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    I was so sad to hear this. He had tried but unfortunately his addiction had a hold on him. :(

I was really sad to hear the results as I had really hoped this would not be the case, but problem is, it has just added a whole load of new questions surrounding his death.

I was just reading another article that mentioned that his friends and family had staged an intervention back in March, which led to him choosing to go Rehab and that he was super committed to getting clean. So my question is when did he relapse, and if it was long before his death, why did no one notice?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was really sad to hear the results as I had really hoped this would not be the case, but problem is, it has just added a whole load of new questions surrounding his death.

I was just reading another article that mentioned that his friends and family had staged an intervention back in March, which led to him choosing to go Rehab and that he was super committed to getting clean. So my question is when did he relapse, and if it was long before his death, why did no one notice?

It's a question a lot of people will have, most importantly his family. Why did he do it? Why didn't he just call? He has friends who are sober, why not call one of them? Was there something else we could have done? Sadly, these are questions they may never have answers to.

This is an article by Russell Brand about what is like to live with addiction, even after 10 years, and how it gets a hold on you. I thought it was interesting to read it at the time, but now it seems to explain the how of situations like Corys.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/2013/mar/09/russell-brand-life-without-drugs

Cory obviously tried to beat his demons but sadly, they were the ones to beat him. :(
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i have like 15 episodes of glee season 4 on my sky planner as i needed a break from the show as it was starting tog rate on me

watched one yesterday out of respect to cory monteith and it felt like it was written for the tragic situation, the show finsihed with dont dream its over-crowded house, it was a great glee rendition and then last image was of cory smiling before credits

:(