After tonight's episode, I'm guessing River Song is... (Spoiler tagged for safety)

Comments

• Jaymitch1Jaymitch1 Posts: 6,426
    Forum Member
    i thought it was hinted in interviews that
    amy is not actually pregnant
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AndiC wrote: »
    Yes and I believe outside layer space suits are unisex so how can you tell the sex of the person inside? bits dont show through the layers :-)

and like i said a normal kid in a space suit wouldn't stand six feet tall (look at doorway) so that cant be a real kid an a suit anyway.
    Just before the spaceman kills the Doctor, he lifts his visor up. If you pause the video at that point, you can see the lower part of his face. It is clearly an adult male face.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    Im totally confused, why do you think River is Amys child. Would make a vey interesting twist tho
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    Um, is everybody a bit thick? Didn't you watch Doctor Who confidential? The 'massive jaw line' and 'man' you can see in the suit when the Doctor is shot, is the stunt guy. You even see him in the confidential episode.

So your theories are irrelevant, as at this stage, the suited person at the start could be anything.

Plus, the little girl on the phone had a decidedly AMERICAN accent, so is NOT Amelia Pond.

Also, the little girl in the suit is NOT River- she'd remember it all if it was.

And also, I'm pretty certain it's not younger pre-prison River in the suit who shoots him either- as she'd have known all along what was happening!
  • JohnnyForgetJohnnyForget Posts: 24,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rwar wrote: »
    Um, is everybody a bit thick? Didn't you watch Doctor Who confidential? The 'massive jaw line' and 'man' you can see in the suit when the Doctor is shot, is the stunt guy. You even see him in the confidential episode.

So your theories are irrelevant, as at this stage, the suited person at the start could be anything.

Plus, the little girl on the phone had a decidedly AMERICAN accent, so is NOT Amelia Pond.

Also, the little girl in the suit is NOT River- she'd remember it all if it was.

And also, I'm pretty certain it's not younger pre-prison River in the suit who shoots him either- as she'd have known all along what was happening!

Unless she had memory loss! :):D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    Unless she had memory loss! :):D

I really don't think the Moff is that simple.
    Besides, River said herself that she met the Doctor when she was young and impressionable- doubtful that she'd forgotten anything. As killing him would be a MASSIVE thing to forget.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    The person in the suit that killed the doctor is obviously not river; because the river in that scene tries to shoot the astronaut a few times.
  • Octopus_PrimeOctopus_Prime Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    River has clearly stated the first time she met the doctor, he knew everything about her, visa vera when she met David Tennant, the doctor has no idea who the girl is, and knows as much about river song as we do ourselves.

Cant remember 100%, but I sure she said the "Silence in the Library", that he was a lot older (than Tennant), when she first met him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the suit in the end is:
    The doctor only way to carry on the series with matt smith. Its a paradox he kills a version of himself a past version himself so the future version can regenerate.

However Amy when remembering the silent in the bathroom re-saw the doctor being killed so the thing in the suit might be a silent.

Then Moffat will be bring back the doctor in a another corny way like in the pandorica closes. Maybe a ring will emerge from the flames, like the master in the end of time and the doctor will be reanimated without interuption so he doesnt become all skeletony like the master.

Ghost suits bit of self-plagarism there (ghost suits in silence of the library and the walkie talkies the the angels episode in series 5.

I don't like River that much I liked in Silence in the library she was an active harkness-like actio-woman. Now I'm getting little tired of her.

I also liked how in silence in the library you didnt need to know who exactly she was. It was sort of neatly wrapped as 'future companion of the doctor. The doctor hasnt met her yet and her doctor is a 'magic' mystery doctor who will never be seen.

I think she will turn out to be
    something to do with the silents like a project child, hence the more she sees the doctor the more he forgets (although his is sort of contradicted by series 5) .
  • cuttysarkcuttysark Posts: 1,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But it could well be River, if you read the review here.

I states that.....
    River makes two spectacular entrances.
    which we haven't seen the latter of, or have we????
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think
    you really shouldn't bother putting stuff in spoiler tags if it's just idle speculation that is not grounded in any knowledge of future episodes

Shocker, huh?
  • AndiCAndiC Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    Rwar wrote: »
    Um, is everybody a bit thick? Didn't you watch Doctor Who confidential? The 'massive jaw line' and 'man' you can see in the suit when the Doctor is shot, is the stunt guy. You even see him in the confidential episode.!

One i don't think the little girl in the suit is Pond or River ,

Two I believe River is is in the suite (as an adult) shooting the dr, to full fill events that amy has interfered in by using the gun (I dont think she killed the girl, especial in a kids show). That is, it originally was the girl *thing* that shot the doctor but is now river.

Three your don't see a male jaw line in the actual ep, yes a stunt man was used stunt men are used as doubles for women in many films and programs. A man was also used in the suit when the girl was in it :-)

Four space a suits external layer is unisex (that is same for men and women) and there are so many layers you couldn't tell if someone was male or female just by looking you would need to see their face

Five there is no need to be a A hole and so rude.
    Forum Member
    Smerph wrote: »
    I think
    you really shouldn't bother putting stuff in spoiler tags if it's just idle speculation that is not grounded in any knowledge of future episodes

Shocker, huh?

well perhaps this site need a alternative tag
    Forum Member
    The person in the suit that killed the doctor is obviously not river; because the river in that scene tries to shoot the astronaut a few times.

But she wouldn't know it was her in the suit, because events wouldn't of happened yet and her future self would know that she had missed when shooting.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    DS9 wrote: »
    The internet has been convinced there's some connection between the two because River and Pond are both water-ish names.

... which would be a very simple but obviously very effective way of sending everyone off on a wild goose chase! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AndiC wrote: »
    well perhaps this site need a alternative tag

It doesn't need tags at all, that's my point. You wouldn't use tags to post conjecture on any show outside of Sci-fi, so why do we feel the need to do it for Doctor Who?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    The girl in the spacesuit isn't anything to do with Amy, or River Song.

Its the same tactics the aliens used in the The Lodger. Its just their way of enticing people into a trap.

People can't help themselves when it comes to trying to save scared little girls and the aliens know this..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Jim the Fish is
    a red herring!
    :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clearly River
    kills the doctor and ends up in prison. There have been enough clues to that effect. That is why the doctor recognises her as she lifts the visor. The younger River's bullets don't kill her, hence she winds up in jail.Moreoer it is hardly likely the Dotor would have stayed friends with her if she had murdered anyone else
    Forum Member
    SinSeer wrote: »
    I think Jim the Fish is
    a red herring!
    :p

LOL good one

I think hes a pirate or sea person in that ep
    Forum Member
    Smerph wrote: »
    It doesn't need tags at all, that's my point. You wouldn't use tags to post conjecture on any show outside of Sci-fi, so why do we feel the need to do it for Doctor Who?

you wont stop people using them is my point so why not make a special one for people to speculate under, however, that wont stop people miss using them only way is to remove them entirely.
    Forum Member
    Elstoon wrote: »
    T
    Its the same tactics the aliens used in the The Lodger.

Is it the same controls? looks almost the same.

But river went into the control room, touched the controls and nothing happened.
    Forum Member
    what was all that alien tech, those tubes were attached to something , cloning?

What about Area 51?

and the silence looking very much like greys? and greys been linked to area 51 via conspiracy theories?
  • Octopus_PrimeOctopus_Prime Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elstoon wrote: »
    The girl in the spacesuit isn't anything to do with Amy, or River Song.

Its the same tactics the aliens used in the The Lodger. Its just their way of enticing people into a trap.

People can't help themselves when it comes to trying to save scared little girls and the aliens know this..

agreed.........probably the best theory so far............as it actually makes sense.
    Forum Member
    agreed.........probably the best theory so far............as it actually makes sense.

Too simple,

Moffat said that the first two storylines will be totally bonkers even by dr who standards :-)