shall I buy my little cousin a nintendo ds lite even tho her mum is buying her a ipad

13»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    Guess what my cousin got her ipad and i didn't get her the Nintendo DS but now she wants a Nintendo DS
  • LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I want doesn't get !
  • modeyinkmodeyink Posts: 2,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My son is 6 and has an iPad 2, an iPod, a DS and a Wii. Believe it or not this doesn't make me a bad parent. This is the age of advanced technology and gone are the days when kids could sit in their bedrooms and play with a plastic car for four hours. Imaginations are stretched in other ways, eg. RPGs, and the brain is exercised by way of logic & puzzle games, even the act of getting Mario through a castle to defeat the boss takes the brain on a journey of logic, coordination, reflexes, instinct, etc.

That isn't to say my child is glued to technology. Weather permitting, he's playing outside more than inside, and he can still be found building forts out of blankets, making dinosaurs out of Lego, finding spot the differences in quiz books & fighting invisible pirates.

It's worth noting he's in the advanced group in his class so clearly his intelligence isn't suffering just because he spends a lot of time using technology.

All the judging on this thread is misplaced.
  • LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasnt judging it is good manners!
  • DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve35 wrote: »
    Wtf, would an 8 year old do with an Ipad? Waste of money!
    :rolleyes:
    Lpad? What's an lpad? iThought iT was called an iPad!
    :D

If your 8yr old cousin wanted a tablet, you could've saved about £70 and got her a vastly superior Nexus 7 instead.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DJGM wrote: »
    Lpad? What's an lpad? iThought iT was called an iPad!
    :D

If your 8yr old cousin wanted a tablet, you could've saved about £70 and got her a vastly superior Nexus 7 instead.

Or saved yourself even more money and given her a box of Anadin.