Full size pic of the new Ice Warriors

2»

Comments

• joe_000joe_000 Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't it a bit like the cybermen costume painted green?
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    joe_000 wrote: »

Shhhhh! ;)
  • ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    Brilliant. That's made me very pleased. Personally I think the new hands are an improvement, the claws never really worked for me. They need more articulation.
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    They've never been a favourite of mine but they look great and it will be interesting to see how they're used.

coughs ##ZygonsNext## coughs
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2289504/Doctor-Who-gives-frozen-Warriors-old-modern-makeover-new-series.html
    Autons, Cybermen and Daleks are just a few of the Doctor Who enemies who have been revamped for later series of the sci-fi show - now it's the Ice Warriors turn.
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    What's this about the robot mummies coming back too? Did we know that?
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    joe_000 wrote: »

Nope. Look again :p
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    Hang on, Daily Fail -- since when did Tom Baker face off against the Ice Warriors?! And what do you mean, garish colours? They don't seem to relise the photo they're using is a colourised B&W photo.
    Joining the 27th series of Doctor Who is new sidekick Clara, who made her debut in the show's Christmas special The Snowmen
    Wrong.

When the series returns at the end of March, another foe will also be gunning for the Time Lord - the Mummies.

Mummies are servicer robots given their name because of the protective bandages wrapped round their bodies.
    They faced off against Tom Baker's incarnation of the Doctor in the episode, Pyramids of Mars in the 13th series.
    Probably wrong, but part of me hopes they're right. But given the way that thing looks I think its safe to say its not a mummy robot.
  • DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,931
    Forum Member
    Blimey, I knew there was a reason why I don't normally read this trashy paper. Exactly how many things can they get wrong in the same article?

They mention the mummies returning and then show a picture that looks nothing like a mummy (although he does look a bit like an angry Sutekh)
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joining the 27th series of Doctor Who is new sidekick Clara, who made her debut in the show's Christmas special The Snowmen
    Wrong.

Well that one is technically correct. 21st Century Clara who is the new companion (rather than Oswin or Victorian Clara) did make her debut at the end of the Christmas Special.
  • joe_000joe_000 Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have... and??