Options

Sky Go Extra on SkyQ

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
Forum Member
Hi,

Does anyone know what happens to Sky Go Extra when you upgrade to Sky Q.

I've just logged in to see what it would cost me to upgrade and when click on one of the pages to show me what i have got and what's being added the Sky Go extra is crossed out.

i've currently got multi-room so i get Sky go extra free and i quite like being able to watch on 4 devices.

will this now disappear?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to this page, if you look at the bundle prices, on both, it lists Sky Go Extra as the last item

https://corporate.sky.com/media-centre/skyq/press-releases/2016/sky-q--the-next-generation-of-tv-goes-on-sale-in-february-with-a-set-up-cost-from-just-99

I believe, when i looked earlier, although some stuff gets crossed out, that is because it is no longer a separate item, as it is included under the Sky Q Bundle heading (lie Variety was crossed out, HD was crossed out. Multiscreen was crossed out, etc).
  • Options
    DykeolicousDykeolicous Posts: 3,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You will have the Sky Q Sync which allows you take your recordings with you. Explore Sky Q here
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    It's not the skyq sync I am particularly interested in. Its's being able to have sky go on more than just 2 tablets.
  • Options
    simon69csimon69c Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's crossed out because the Sky Q bundles have Sky Go Extra included as standard. The Sky Go App will still be used alongside the Sky Q app for watching live channels away from home (the Sky Q app will only allow you to stream live TV when you are at home).
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Asked sky about PQ on tablets on live chat. The guy said it will be exactly the same as what is on your tv including 4k although as far as im aware no tablet supports 4k but apparently shows on sky q will be in 1080p.
  • Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Asked sky about PQ on tablets on live chat. The guy said it will be exactly the same as what is on your tv including 4k although as far as im aware no tablet supports 4k but apparently shows on sky q will be in 1080p.

Sky are not going to broadcast HD in 1080p as existing Sky-HD boxes do not support it. Like a Freetime box it will have a 1080p output option. This merely de-interlaces the broadcast 1080i content. For most kit there is no difference as if the box sends 1080i the TV converts to progressive anyway. You might get 1080p from a UHD source downscaled for HD TV's.

The top of the range Sony Android phone has 4K playback capability.
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky are not going to broadcast HD in 1080p as existing Sky-HD boxes do not support it. Like a Freetime box it will have a 1080p output option. This merely de-interlaces the broadcast 1080i content. For most kit there is no difference as if the box sends 1080i the TV converts to progressive anyway. You might get 1080p from a UHD source downscaled for HD TV's.

The top of the range Sony Android phone has 4K playback capability.

As long as it shows programmes on my tablet in 1080i I'll be happy.