The Dark Knight RISES Official Thread

Comments

• Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    am sure I read somewhere that at one point David Goyer( not Nolan) referenced a plan, if Nolan ever made a third one, to somehow, concentrate in part on the trial of the joker and feature him

Hmm, didn't know that. Sounds intrigiuing.

Does anyone think that Blake became Nightwing at the end of TDKR?
  • akhenatenakhenaten Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am getting this film as part of a playstation3 package tomorrow for christmas, does this film follow on from the last film, so would be better watching the previous film first, or will it be good just to watch this film, without watching the previous film.
  • 2Legit2Quit2Legit2Quit Posts: 4,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You need to have seen Batman Begins otherwise it won't make sense.

You don't need to have seen The Dark Knight but why the fook haven't you? :D
  • akhenatenakhenaten Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I never really been that interested, but as i am getting it in this package, i thought i'd better find out.

Thanks for the reply.
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member

Of coarse you also need to see The Dark Knight as otherwise you won't know the relevance of
    Dent and why Batman disappeared for 8 years
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you most definately do need to have seen both BB and TDK to get the best of TDKR. The key events of the first two movies are discussed, so theres enough basic information for it to "make sense" if you haven't seen them; but a lot of the movie's substantial emotional impact comes from having seen the characters making choices in the first two films, and then seeing them live with and face up to the consequences of their choices in the third one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, you have to remember that this is a proper trilogy not a film with two sequels. :)
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Yep, you have to remember that this is a proper trilogy not a film with two sequels. :)

Oh yes.

Now the question is - would you watch all three in one sitting?:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would but I doubt many people would. :D I came out of the cinema after seeing all 3 wishing they had been on for longer.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »

Absolutely :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    Oh yes.

Hell yeah.

Nail on the head.
  • ZeusZeus Posts: 10,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched this last night. A very good film I thought but there were a few too many of those SQUIRM moments, where you just have to look away or close your eyes. For example, that kiss moment when a bomb was only moments away from exploding. Or the contrived "i wanted to see you across the cafe, not speak to you so long as I knew you were happy" monologue, which was too obviously going to happen later in the film. Do the movie makers not realise how cheesy this all looks, how it interferes with the audiences efforts at suspending their disbelief?! Then there was that stilletto-spike-in-the hand moment which was squirm-worthy for a different reason altogether. I enjoyed the film all told but I definitely think blockbusters should go through a de-cheesing process during post production.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bane outtakes 2: Holiday Edition :D

[And for those who missed it: Bane outtakes 1]
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everything Wrong With The Dark Knight Rises In 3 Minutes Or Less: http://youtu.be/j2tE-BCwZtw :D
    Forum Member
    "Happy new year...from the League of Shadows"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everything Wrong With The Dark Knight Rises In 3 Minutes Or Less: http://youtu.be/j2tE-BCwZtw :D

"Everything wrong with Everything Wrong With The Dark Knight Rises"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osL9Cxp474E

I don't agree with all the points in either video (some of the complaints are, IMO, valid, such as Bane finding the armoury), but I do think that some of the complaints are just pointless nitpicking.

NinjyBear wrote: »
    "Happy new year...from the League of Shadows"

:D

I think the first video is better, but the "Holiday special" does have some great bits.
    Forum Member
    Would the armoury really be that difficult to find for someone who knows Batman's identity?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm. Good point. He knew that Batman was Bruce Wayne, so it'd be a safe assumption that Batman got his toys from Wayne Enterprises, plus Miranda was an investor (can't remember if she was *already* a board member too?) so may have been able to find out information. Hell, the accountant from TDK was able to figure out that Applied Sciences was actually the Batman Gadget Division.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Bane outtakes 2: Holiday Edition :D

[And for those who missed it: Bane outtakes 1]

SO CRINGE!!!
    (..yet rather well made)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 468
    Forum Member
    Saw this over christmas loved it, the pic quality on the blu ray was outstanding. People keep banging on about Avatar but even that is no match to Imax.

As for the film, outstanding. Best director in Hollywood for the past 10 years or so, never fails to impress me. Hope we get more original films like Memento and Inception rather than comic book adaptation from him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't know about this until I saw an advert for it on TV tonight but there's a new fortnightly Batmobile magazine out now. It starts off with my favourite Batmobile from 1989. :)

http://www.eaglemoss.com/batmobiles/
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    I didn't know about this until I saw an advert for it on TV tonight but there's a new fortnightly Batmobile magazine out now. It starts off with my favourite Batmobile from 1989. :)

http://www.eaglemoss.com/batmobiles/
    Cool, I may have to go have a look to see what they're like up close.
    It seems the 1st issue is £2.99, second is £5.99 then £9.99 thereafter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah a bit pricey so like most fans I'll buy the first one and forget about the rest. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ha. I didn't realise they still did those kinds of things. I remember all the "Marshall Cavendish" ones from when I was a kid. Cheap first issue, the rest were pricey. "Collect them all!"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was almost tempted to subscribe until I saw the price as you get 5 freebies, one is a toy Batwing! :cool: