Kids throwing eggs at house/car

2»

Comments

• CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    The police won't do anything because you're still alive and your house is still standing. Where I live there's a home for teenage boys, where their favourite hobby seems to be threatening people and fighting. It's almost directly opposite the police station and yet nothing seems to have been done about it in several years.

Well yeah. I guess it depends on the area.
    Uk Ltd wrote: »
    *sigh*

It's stupid, but it's true though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    habby wrote: »
    Two halloweens running now some little bastards have thrown eggs at my windows.

I try to make it look like I'm out. I keep the lights off & don't answer the door but they just do it & its terrible to try to get it off the following morning.

If it happens again this year I'm going to rush out & shoot them........

........with my camera!!!
    Cryolemon wrote: »
    Taking pictures of them might get you reported for being a pervert though.

This is exactly what was happening-old ish man was taking pictures of them for evidence i presume,and they were screaming "PERV" "PERVERT" at him before they went to get there mother to get him to stop.

When she had finished talking to the man,with all the kids around her feeling all clever because they had stopped him taking pictures,thats when i rolled over and said-anyone know anything about throwing eggs last night-caught them all off guard,they had no witty comments ready as they were basking in the glory of getting one over on the old man ;)
  • Bedlam_maidBedlam_maid Posts: 5,922
    Forum Member
    We've had a few problems round here. Kids throwing stuff at the windows, knocking on doors and running away, nicking car aerials. I spoke to a couple of community support officers I saw walking round and it turned out it was pretty widespread, They asked me where, when, times etc. and now they make sure they are in the area round about those times. The problems seem to have gone away now, but they said to call (they gave me a number) if it happens again.
  • shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    zombie wrote: »
    This is exactly what was happening-old ish man was taking pictures of them for evidence i presume,and they were screaming "PERV" "PERVERT" at him before they went to get there mother to get him to stop.

When she had finished talking to the man,with all the kids around her feeling all clever because they had stopped him taking pictures,thats when i rolled over and said-anyone know anything about throwing eggs last night-caught them all off guard,they had no witty comments ready as they were basking in the glory of getting one over on the old man ;)

how old are these kids?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shmisk wrote: »
    how old are these kids?

youngest about 8 oldest 12/13
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    Just to add weight to this. I am a 46 year old man with a wife and 2 children.

We experienced the same problem; eggs, small stones etc

I just fought fire with fire. I politely approached the kids outside my home in sleepy North London and when it didn't stop I just began taking photos and video via a small camera which I bought on the internet (40 quid) linked to my computer wi-fi.

I then approached them again and stated that photos of all of them had been caught on camera installed on a highway lamppost 30 yards away, which was of course a fib, but they were thick enough to fall for it..

Suddenly, two or three names were blurted out ("come on Luke, Kyle etc - let's just get out of here") and the evidence from my secret cam was sent to the police AND their parents homes.

Result? Immediate exclusion from my street via ASB order as they had done this before in several areas.

Parents were reprimanded and one kid (ring leader) had a tag fitted.

No problems since 2008 - in fact, I get a nod from some of them when I walk into the shopping centre which I smile at.

Yobs nil - My Family protection scheme 1.