Options

Middlesbrough FC

Air ResistanceAir Resistance Posts: 5,145
Forum Member
Ok, so they have been unlucky from the last two games, but they cannot go on playing five at the back, GS probley realises this now. If I was him, the line up would be like this...

Schwazer

Huth-Woodgate-Pogetetz
Morrison-Cattermole--Johnson-Downing
Yakubu-Christe-Viduka

We should be able to get away with a narrow back three if we play positively enough as the next game is Wigan at home.

I strongly hope GS invests in maybe 2 new strikers as Maccaronne is rumour to be leaving. A new right winger will then probley be needed to replace Medieta who is leaving. A new central/attacking midfielder wouldn't go a miss either. Hopefully, we can off load some of our unnessesary players too.

Comments

• Options
    ermintudeermintude Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok, so they have been unlucky from the last two games, but they cannot go on playing five at the back, GS probley realises this now. If I was him, the line up would be like this...

Schwazer

Huth-Woodgate-Pogetetz
    Yakubu-Christe-Viduka

We should be able to get away with a narrow back three if we play positively enough as the next game is Wigan at home.

I strongly hope GS invests in maybe 2 new strikers as Maccaronne is rumour to be leaving. A new right winger will then probley be needed to replace Medieta who is leaving. A new central/attacking midfielder wouldn't go a miss either. Hopefully, we can off load some of our unnessesary players too.

i wouldnt go so far as to say they were unlucky last night, should have been 3 - 0 down by the time they got the equaliser, and would have been unfair on spurs not to win the game. i think southgates got the same problem as jol, going away for a draw just isnt a good idea, boro at home are a completely different team, much the same as us.
  • Options
    Tel69Tel69 Posts: 27,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Schwazer

Huth-Woodgate-Pogetetz
    Yakubu-Christe-Viduka

Good keeper, good defence, ok forwards. That leaves the midfield which to be frank isn't good enough. 2 classy central midfielders are needed before you improve your league position I feel.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,842
    Forum Member
    Middlesborough are the very definition of average when it comes to the Premiership.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The definition of inconsistancy IMO.

Has anyone got any footage of that brawl which occured last night... I want to see how "innocent" Zakora was... I'm taking a disliking to the player, what with diving and being at the centre of a new controversy...

I bet the "brawl" was more handbags at 10 paces than full-on. :roll:
  • Options
    Rocket RomanoRocket Romano Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Halsey has refused to look at the footage hasn't he?

It didn't seem much, he seemed far more interested in keeping that red card in his hand

Doubt the FA will repeal the bans
  • Options
    HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever happened to Ray Parlour?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hayden wrote:
    Whatever happened to Ray Parlour?

He's still there, dunno if he's injured or just not in the side anymore. I read somewhere he's doing his badges
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    lancey_999 wrote:
    The definition of inconsistancy IMO.
    Inconsistent also means unpredictable in Middlesbrough's case.

They can beat big teams on their day, that no one would expect them to beat, yet lose to teams divisions below them, even at home!

Will they beat Hull City in the FA Cup? I hope they do but who knows? :rolleyes: :D
  • Options
    ianinclevelandianincleveland Posts: 21,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well if they keep going the way they are then its going to be a struggle to stay up.southgate has to get a grip and they cant even use Europe as an excuse this year.

Going out to Notts County at home in the league cup sums up Boros season.gone was our best chance of Europe.

southgate needs to open up a bit more.if Maccarones definetly going to go then we need a big name replacement right away.

Why Parlours not in the sides beyond me.ok hes getting on a bit but hes the sort you should send on for last half hour or so to preserve leads etc.

but if hes doing his badges perhaps hes going to join up with southgate.

lets just hope its not in the championship :eek:
  • Options
    the chimpthe chimp Posts: 12,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ash132 wrote:
    Middlesborough are the very definition of average when it comes to the Premiership.
    I would change that to boring myself ....... totally unexciting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    the chimp wrote:
    I would change that to boring myself ....... totally unexciting.
    You obviously weren't watching them last season. :rolleyes: :D

They were totally unpredictable and there were some very exciting matches. :D
    (Although there were some that were painful to watch as well. :( )

But judging from this season so far, improvement is definitely needed - it wasn't exactly the start we wanted. :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Halsey has refused to look at the footage hasn't he?

It didn't seem much, he seemed far more interested in keeping that red card in his hand

Doubt the FA will repeal the bans
    Boateng has had his redcard overturned. :eek:

But both clubs have been charged for failing to control their players.

Zokora's red card still stands.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Im guessing that he leaving Ray Parlour out because he is afraid that he will do a Mendieta.

I think that maybe making Boateng was a bad move. He is letting our midfield down. Dowing, Cattermole and sometimes Morrison make up a good midfield for us but they are missing the 4th man...
  • Options
    skazzaskazza Posts: 4,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's always been a roller-coaster ride supporting The Boro. Their inconsistency makes every game equally exciting and frustrating. I wouldn't have it any other way. Last season was jaw-droppingly amazing at times (Basle! Steaua!! Man.U!) but ultimately a disappointment. Hey-ho.
    Boring? Average?? Only to fans of other teams, and quite frankly, who cares about what you think?

Erimus!
  • Options
    HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im guessing that he leaving Ray Parlour out because he is afraid that he will do a Mendieta.
    QUOTE]

Explain if you would be so good... :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    The boro are apparantly getting rid of the 'dead wood' in January. This should see Rockemback,Parlour and Mendieta go and hopefully some younger talent come into the starting 11. They could do with another central midfielder alongside Boateng and possibly a new striker should Maccarone leave
  • Options
    Paul_the_QuinnPaul_the_Quinn Posts: 204
    Forum Member
    they will need all the young talent they can get next season in the championship
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The boro are apparantly getting rid of the 'dead wood' in January. This should see Rockemback,Parlour and Mendieta go and hopefully some younger talent come into the starting 11. They could do with another central midfielder alongside Boateng and possibly a new striker should Maccarone leave
    From what i've read, the leavers should be: Ray Parlour, Ugo Ehiogu, Gaizka Mendieta, Fabio Rochemback and Massimo Maccarone.

Not too much of a loss then. Should boost our bank aswell.

I also heard a rumour that Newcastle want Viduka. I find that quite laughable :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also heard a rumour that Newcastle want Viduka. I find that quite laughable :D

We tried to sign him on the last day of the season when Shepherd had a panic attack over Ameobi getting injured.

He's a short term target man to feed off a playmaker striker like Martins, I could see him doing a job but not beyond the end of this season and for no more than a million
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From what i've read, the leavers should be: Ray Parlour, Ugo Ehiogu, Gaizka Mendieta, Fabio Rochemback and Massimo Maccarone.

Be a bit sad to see Massimo go. The others I agree with.

The match at the moment is making unpleasant listening BTW.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Grrrrrr, we finally play great football, but still didn't get the points! If that penalty should not have been given.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Boro have had four questionnable penalties against them in their last five matches.

To be honest, when that penalty was given last night :rolleyes: you just knew it wasn't gonna be M'bro's night.

It's not an excuse though. They need to get the ball in the back of the net more (the opposition's obviously ;) ) and start winning. Quickly.

They must be Charlton otherwise there will be big trouble. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They must beat Charlton otherwise there will be big trouble. :(

Big match today. Pogatetz and Woodgate back, so that should clear up some of the uncertainty at the back.
    I've got a feeling that Jimmy Floyd might play a blinder. Shame he's now a Charlton player!!
    They did the double on us in the league last season, so let's hope their poor form continues. We desperately need a win! (although, apparently, it's all McLaren's fault we're crap!)
    I'll be listening to the commentary on Century; Santa didn't bring me a ticket for the game... :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1-0! The Yak!

BBC website is giving possession stats of 81%:19% in favour of Boro. :eek:

Edit: And Jimmy's on the bench! :eek: :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2-0 Now, Arca with his first Boro goal.

Viduka off for Christie. I like Christie, I must say, Been unlucky with injuries recently.

Edit: Down to 61%:39% possession. Should we worry? :D