Middlesbrough FC

191011121315»

Comments

• ianinclevelandianincleveland Posts: 21,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well in reality we are down now.Newcastle coming with us,i wouldnt worry about them as competition next season to go up either because i can see Newcastle virtually imploding.

My first season of going to Boro regularly was 73/74 when we steamrollered the old second division.Would be good to see that next season.

Southgate should go or they should get in an experienced adviser.Nice bloke but hes not up to the job
  • smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    My first match was Boro 5 - Norwich 0, sitting below the Marske Machine Tools advert.

I thought it would always be like that.

6th February 1971 - later than I thought
  • ianinclevelandianincleveland Posts: 21,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well its certain now we're down.thank you Alves for being a waste of money.thank you southgate for being utterly incompetent.Most of all thank you Gibson for putting up with the incompetence.

If theres not some changes next season we wont even be top half the premiership.

now how do you get to Scunthorpe???
  • deadwood dandeadwood dan Posts: 4,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You'll need to book a week off to get to and from Plymouth as well.

In the end only a marginal goal difference prevents Boro finishing bottom.
  • skazzaskazza Posts: 4,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm. So a fairly solid* pre-season follows what was a fairly inevitable relegation. The Championship kicks off tonight and I'm in my familiar seat listening to Ally and Gary Gill on Tees FM. I'll dust off the Predictometer™ and fine tune it... It's claiming a 2-0 win.

Come on Boro!!!

*No losses, definitely no '6-1' losses, and only struggled against teams who were just one division below us. Very heartening.
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aliadiere should be classy enough to score plenty of goals in the Championship if he can stay fit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hayden wrote: »
    Aliadiere should be classy enough to score plenty of goals in the Championship if he can stay fit.

Agreed. There's plenty of potential, but is Gareth the man to take us back up?

I suppose if Robson could do it, anyone can...*

*seen on comeonboro.com...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, it's been a while. Some ambitious signings and encouraging pre season results... Losing to Real Betis tonight but the second half team was far superior. Who cares about friendlies though. Bring on Stoke City.

Valdes, Barragan, Espinosa, Fischer, Subotic, Ramirez and Negredo, it's like the Bryan Robson days all over again.

I'm optimistic, and hope to keep this thread going through the season.

UTFB!!
  • djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well if they keep going the way they are then its going to be a struggle to stay up.southgate has to get a grip and they cant even use Europe as an excuse this year.

Going out to Notts County at home in the league cup sums up Boros season.gone was our best chance of Europe.

southgate needs to open up a bit more.if Maccarones definetly going to go then we need a big name replacement right away.

Why Parlours not in the sides beyond me.ok hes getting on a bit but hes the sort you should send on for last half hour or so to preserve leads etc.

but if hes doing his badges perhaps hes going to join up with southgate.

lets just hope its not in the championship :eek:

10 years ago almost since Notts knocked Middlesbrough out the League Cup
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And the point in bumping this thread was........?
  • clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PhilH36 wrote: »

Middlesbrough not allowed to have a supporters thread?

Then again, if no one posts a message in around 7 years you could say they don't deserve one :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PhilH36 wrote: »

To talk about the Boro in the Premier League.

I thought that was obvious.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clarky323 wrote: »
    Middlesbrough not allowed to have a supporters thread?

Then again, if no one posts a message in around 7 years you could say they don't deserve one :D

Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.

:D
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course 'boro can have a supporters thread, it's just that given the dates of the previous postings and the current state of the DS search function I'm surprised anyone managed to find and bump it instead of starting a new one!