New Line - Free BT Install With Sky Talk Freetime

Hi All,

I'm looking for some advice on getting a new phoneline installed to my new apartment. Its a new build so currently doesnt have any dial tone on the phone sockets.

If i were to take up the current fee install offer with BT
http://www.serviceview.bt.com/list/public/current/Notice09_boo/2-FrameworkImpl337855.htm

I understand i need to make 10 calls a month for 18months to not take on any charges. I also want to take a Sky bundle for my broadband and TV.

My question is - If i take line rental with BT and then add Sky Talk Freetime (free evening and weekend calls) will this then cause problems with making the 10 calls a month to satisfy BT as the call plan will be with Sky??

The reason i want to add Sky Talk Freetime is that its free on the sky package giving evening calls as well as weekends and saves £5 a month on broadband costs.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Comments

• Mystic EddyMystic Eddy Posts: 3,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You'd have to pay BT for both line rental and calls, so paying them just line rental and talk charges to Sky wouldn't be acceptable for the offer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    Ok thanks for confirming that (i thought that would be the case)

Does anyone know the cost of SKy installing a line? is it £39??
  • John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Many companies now bar the '1280' override for routing calls through BT so you may not be able to make the required calls anyway.
    Plenty of (too much!) advice here- http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/
  • HeinzHeinz Posts: 7,210
    Forum Member
    My question is - If i take line rental with BT and then add Sky Talk Freetime (free evening and weekend calls) will this then cause problems with making the 10 calls a month to satisfy BT as the call plan will be with Sky?
    You will not be able to make the necessary calls via BT if you opt for Sky Talk - because Sky Talk now uses BTW's WCLI (Wholesale Calls Line Independent) and that means the 1280 prefix will not re-direct your calls onto BT (even though you still pay BT for your line rental) because they will already be on the BT network.

A number of people who use AOL, Talk Talk, Orange and Sky Talk Carrier Preselect have come unstuck with this (although most have only been stung by BT for charges for Caller Display and/or basic 1571 as a result).