Options

Female Comedienne

MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
Forum Member
✭✭
Am I the only one who found her hilarious?

'Garlic bread .......... Garlic ... bread'

Best moment of the night. :D

Comments

• Options
    chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    Errrrr...no :confused:

have u ever seen a Peter Kay routine?
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was the only comedy act to make me laugh so far - but for all the wrong reasons. So bad it was good.
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    "I met Peter Kay the other night. Garlic bread."
    -tumbleweed-
    "Garlic... bread" :p
  • Options
    Black DaggerBlack Dagger Posts: 15,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her soup ordeal wasn't apart of the comedy yet I was laughing for ages when she was waffling on about it.
  • Options
    minxymoominxymoo Posts: 26,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    about as funny as a dose of shingles.and as painful.:sleep::yawn:
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I did wonder for a sec if that was actually part of the act - her rambling on :p
  • Options
    ButterflygirlButterflygirl Posts: 779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She said she had performed 6 times before - I assume to a bunch of drunken fellow students who were ready to laugh at anything :)

I'm afraid that the 'soup' rambling was a clear direction of how the act was going to go.
  • Options
    Faria262Faria262 Posts: 6,952
    Forum Member
    She was funnier when she wasn't trying to be.....what was the "Garlic bread" business all about?

Obviously I've heard of Peter Kay, but I've never heard him mention garlic bread! :)

xxxx
  • Options
    Black DaggerBlack Dagger Posts: 15,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Faria262 wrote: »
    She was funnier when she wasn't trying to be.....what was the "Garlic bread" business all about?

Obviously I've heard of Peter Kay, but I've never heard him mention garlic bread! :)

xxxx

In an episode of Phoenix Nights... Peter Kay's character Brian Potter claims that Garlic Bread is the "future". I hope that helps.

xxx
  • Options
    ButterflygirlButterflygirl Posts: 779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

xxxx

He talks about it in his 'my mother wants a bungalour' tour. Also Cheesecake. Its a joke about the older generation not getting that you can put two things together like garlic and bread and cheese and cake.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was great as long as she didn't speak
  • Options
    PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    I love how she kept repeating herself and nobody found it funny still. She should've got through just to bully her.
  • Options
    daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    Paparazzo wrote: »
    I love how she kept repeating herself and nobody found it funny still. She should've got through just to bully her.

It's so funny when people do that, repeat the punchline after thinking people didn't get it, as opposed to it just not being funny.

That said, I didn't get any of her jokes - her act was painfully hilarious hough.
  • Options
    Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The panel and the audience wanted to hate her. They'd made their mind up she wasn't funny before she started.

But sorry, I can never watch comedians on talent shows.:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks guys, for explaining the "garlic bread" thing. I loved the Geraldine stuff, but haven't really seen Phoenix Nights before, or a full tour of his :)

Still don't get what the joke was she was trying to nake out of it! :)

xxxx
  • Options
    sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys, for explaining the "garlic bread" thing. I loved the Geraldine stuff, but haven't really seen Phoenix Nights before, or a full tour of his :)

Still don't get what the joke was she was trying to nake out of it! :)

xxxx

Neither did anyone else because it wasn't the slightest bit funny.

And to tell the audience to f... off because they were booing her! :eek:
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    You do realise all comediennes are female don't you OP? ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Makes sense lol :)

As for telling the audience to F off, I was guilty of a similar offence when I auditioned for X Factor in 2007 and didn't realise that the judges weren't saving all their criticism for the joke acts - they thought it'd make good TV to have a go at me because I can actually sing, but I'm quite a feisty character. Unfortunately, at the time I didn't realise it was all for the cameras and went bonkers! :)

I do have social difficulties, but I reckon that woman Elaine either had social/learning difficulties of some sort too, and no self awareness whatsoever. She was enterytaining to watch, but in a veyr car crash TV way. Perhaps the producers should've thought twice about letting her see the judges? :)

xxxx
  • Options
    tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You do realise all comediennes are female don't you OP? ;)

:D Haha!
  • Options
    LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You mean the whole act wasn't a pastiche on the influence of post-modern irony in contemporary society? Her act was so random and rambling, I thought it was wonderful!