Options

Superb Acting...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 173
Forum Member
Have to salute Peter Capaldi and Paul Copey for their performances in Torchwood. In my opnion they have really made it.

Capaldi brillianty portrays a reluctant diplomat who behind his occupational exterior is absolutely sh!tting himself and Copey has played a child in a grown mans body brilliantly compete with wide innocent eyes!

In fact they both play their characters making their true inner feelings obvious by their eyes. Great acting.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I concur. After Clem died I was wailing like a baby and then Ianto. I am so sentimental in my old age *sob*
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Capaldi's performance in particular stands out I think. We can hate what Frobisher is doing, and discussing, while sympathising with his situation. He comes across brilliantly as someone trying to do his job, handle the situation and stay in control while absolutely terrified, and clearly very worried about what he is doing. Not necessarily a bad person, he obviously loves his family and is trying to minimise the trouble in this situation, while being aware that what he's doing is wrong, and history will remember him as the bad guy- but he carries on anyway as he thinks it's his responsibility to do so.

If Capaldi doesn't win every award going for this I will be most annoyed.
  • Options
    OakwoodOakwood Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    Totally agree. It"s been a brilliant week and a real ensemble performance from some fine actors and actresses.
    Capaldi has been outstanding. The scenes with the cabinet discussions over the future of the children were quite something.
    I"ve not been on the edge of my seat for a hell of a long time watching British TV drama. My partner has never liked Torchwood, but has been absolutely gripped by it. Well done to RTD and the team. Over 6 million viewers for last night"s episode...terrific for July. Much as I would like a full 13 episode series, I would happily settle for five nights a year of quality like this. Where is news of the BBC announcing plans for the return of this programme???
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree about Capaldi. I'd only ever seen him in The Thick of It, so I knew he was a fine comic actor, but was amazed at just how well he can play it straight. For me, he's holding CofE together; had a lesser actor been cast in that role, I'm not sure I would have been able to buy into the story in the way that I have.
  • Options
    yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    galentine wrote: »
    I agree about Capaldi. I'd only ever seen him in The Thick of It, so I knew he was a fine comic actor, but was amazed at just how well he can play it straight. For me, he's holding CofE together; had a lesser actor been cast in that role, I'm not sure I would have been able to buy into the story in the way that I have.

What - you didnt see Dr Who - Fires of Pompeii !!
  • Options
    dazzlingdawndazzlingdawn Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oakwood wrote: »
    Totally agree. It"s been a brilliant week and a real ensemble performance from some fine actors and actresses.
    Capaldi has been outstanding. The scenes with the cabinet discussions over the future of the children were quite something.
    I"ve not been on the edge of my seat for a hell of a long time watching British TV drama. My partner has never liked Torchwood, but has been absolutely gripped by it. Well done to RTD and the team. Over 6 million viewers for last night"s episode...terrific for July. Much as I would like a full 13 episode series, I would happily settle for five nights a year of quality like this. Where is news of the BBC announcing plans for the return of this programme???

Totally agree with this comment - his face as they were discussing the criteria told us everything! The 4 days so far have been brilliant, wonderful acting from the whole cast. Even some of the more minor characters including Ianto's sister and brother in law, just superb. Hopefully with the excellent viewing figures, we will get a series 4.