Options

Saturday Kitchen - No viewers guests

2»

Comments

• Options
    Utopian GirlUtopian Girl Posts: 8,275
    Forum Member
    Am I right in thinking Saturday didn't even have a 'celebrity' guest? I missed the initial 5 mins. If they have done away with them then I won't miss them. I'd rather had more 'tips' and 'viewers questions' tbh.
  • Options
    5 a day5 a day Posts: 12,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IIRC, it started around 2003 with Greg Wallace presenting, and then Anthony Worrall Thompson got the job before he defected to ITV and then James presented. I think they may have been introduced as part of the re-vamp when James started.

Thanks. I wouldn't have guessed it had been around for so long.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    My guess is that they wanted some viewer participation so they had a couple of studio guests and some phone in viewers.

The studio guests could ask questions but they hardly ever did.
    Depending on the guest chef sometimes you could see/hear them chatting away in the background.
    Really though they got a morning out in a TV studio, watch a live tv show being recorded and got to sample the food and drink by top chefs.

The show doesn;t have to be live. They can easily get the viewer questions via text, twitter, facebook and email etc.
  • Options
    kingofcakeskingofcakes Posts: 2,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I right in thinking Saturday didn't even have a 'celebrity' guest? I missed the initial 5 mins. If they have done away with them then I won't miss them. I'd rather had more 'tips' and 'viewers questions' tbh.

It was a one off because it was James Martin's birthday, the celebrity guest will be back this week.
  • Options
    etpetp Posts: 868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG, Nik Kershaw is the guest this week. I had a life-size poster of him on my bedroom door back in the '80's, free 5 page centerfold pullout with Smash Hits mag that I had to tape together :-)
  • Options
    cantelpitcantelpit Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    Watching it today, all I could think about was why on earth does James Martin wear such a a tightly fitting heavy looking jacket to cook in? he looks so uncomfortable, it looks as though it would not meet in the middle if he tried to fasten it!:confused:
  • Options
    ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why the hell was Chris Evans on this morning as one of the people cooking?

What next? Gok Wan?
  • Options
    Keefy-boyKeefy-boy Posts: 13,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why the hell was Chris Evans on this morning as one of the people cooking?

What next? Gok Wan?

It's not the first time he's been on the show and cooked. Personally, I wouldn't want to see that sort of thing that often on SK, but I found him quite entertaining and not a bad cook!
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris Evans guests each year at around this time