Options

Leanne is clearly better than Ruth

13»

Comments

• Options
    konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    Ellie83 wrote: »
    Yes but I also think calling someone a Caberet singer is rude!!! And I was not Being aggressive and do not need to calm down I am perfectly fine thank you!

Okkkaaayyyy....
  • Options
    SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    My hubby sums it up like this...leaving their different styles aside, Ruth is very talented, but not ready to use her talent, it needs to be honed, before wider performing or recording. Leanne meanwhile is accomplished in using her voice and more ready to perform and record.
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sallyforth wrote: »
    My hubby sums it up like this...leaving their different styles aside, Ruth is very talented, but not ready to use her talent, it needs to be honed, before wider performing or recording. Leanne meanwhile is accomplished in using her voice and more ready to perform and record.

Can't agree with that. Would much rather listen to an album by Ruth in her raw state as she is now, than a whole album of Leanne, who just doesn't have a very pleasant tone, especially when she hits the big notes.
  • Options
    lovecat86lovecat86 Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    Both awful but Ruth is better!
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leanne definitely the better for me. Whatever Ruth's admirers hear in her singing is lost on me.
  • Options
    SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    Can't agree with that. Would much rather listen to an album by Ruth in her raw state as she is now, than a whole album of Leanne, who just doesn't have a very pleasant tone, especially when she hits the big notes.

I guess it's down to whether the "money-men" take a similar view. :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    Sallyforth wrote: »

I agree with that. I'm finding it slightly amusing that Ruth fans are calling her style 'raw' to make it sound a bit edgy....... in other words under-developed. It's the same thing lol. She has great potential, but she has to learn her craft first before she's ready to hit the big time, and I'm sure she will eventually once she's learnt how to control her voice and diction.
  • Options
    bottleofbestbottleofbest Posts: 8,026
    Forum Member
    Alli-F wrote: »
    Leanne was shocking last week, Ruth was shocking this week, but overall Ruth has something special. When Leanne's good, she's very good, when Ruth's good, she's exceptional.

To be able to move people to tears with your voice is a God-given gift, if she could harness the power, she'd be extraordinary, all imo, of course. ;)

I agree, plus Ruth is only young and has had no training. Imagine what she will be like once she has matured and HAS been giving the right training. She could be remarkable.