Options

Would you trust that KFC ad

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would not trust anyone who worked at KFC.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoHo wrote: »
    I'd rather eat it than cook it

I wouldn't!
  • Options
    Charles ICharles I Posts: 1,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ..How people can eat such garbage like KFC always baffles me, just a waste of money to coat your blood in so much grease, oil and fat.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    Charles I wrote: »
    ..How people can eat such garbage like KFC always baffles me, just a waste of money to coat your blood in so much grease, oil and fat.

To each their own, but I think it's quite nice and does no harm unless in excess.
  • Options
    Charles ICharles I Posts: 1,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hamburgler wrote: »
    To each their own, but I think it's quite nice and does no harm unless in excess.

..Other than the brutal and disturbing death of Chickens.
  • Options
    ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah Digital Spy, home of the food snobs!

There is nothing wrong with KFC. I don't know if they freshly coat their chicken on the premises, but whatever they do, it will be done to comply with health and safety standards; They do not pick up and recook loose scrapings off the floor and they do not even use processed chicken in the majority of their foods (I think the popcorn chicken is the only exception). Yes, it isn't the healthiest of foods, but anyone with half a brain knows that fatty and greasy foods do no harm when enjoyed every so often. Also, if you think the killing of chickens is 'brutal and disturbing' then become a vegetarian, but realise not everyone has this view.

And before anyone looks up my post history or my old tweets, I know my own lifestyle, I don't need reminding.

EDIT: Oh, and last time I went to KFC, all the staff where white.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 174
    Forum Member

Oh dear. :rolleyes:
    Let's not turn this into a PETA-style arguement, save that for another thread.
  • Options
    DJPTDJPT Posts: 4,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where the guy is making the chicken fresh I have heard some bad storys around fast food chains :)

What it doesn't show you is him scratching his arse and picking his nose first, without washing his hands.
  • Options
    aka_luciferaka_lucifer Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DJPT wrote: »
    What it doesn't show you is him scratching his arse and picking his nose first, without washing his hands.

Well, that's the Colonel's secret ingredient out of the bag!
  • Options
    Moany LizaMoany Liza Posts: 22,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How can one make chicken fresh? :confused:

It either IS fresh or it isn't. You can't confer freshness on it retrospectively. :o
  • Options
    aka_luciferaka_lucifer Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moany Liza wrote: »
    How can one make chicken fresh? :confused:

It either IS fresh or it isn't. You can't confer freshness on it retrospectively. :o

http://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/news/Chicken-soaked-in-bleach-and.5701122.jp

About 8 paragraphs in.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There is nothing wrong with KFC. I don't know if they freshly coat their chicken on the premises, but whatever they do, it will be done to comply with health and safety standards; They do not pick up and recook loose scrapings off the floor and they do not even use processed chicken in the majority of their foods (I think the popcorn chicken is the only exception). Yes, it isn't the healthiest of foods, but anyone with half a brain knows that fatty and greasy foods do no harm when enjoyed every so often. Also, if you think the killing of chickens is 'brutal and disturbing' then become a vegetarian, but realise not everyone has this view.

And before anyone looks up my post history or my old tweets, I know my own lifestyle, I don't need reminding.

Well said, I love KFC, but don't have one for about 40 miles so don't get to eat it very often.
  • Options
    HurlleyHurlley Posts: 2,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sorry your comment will be ignored and disregarded as its not stupid, illogical, or snobbish, it doesn't even take a stab at immigrants.

Anyway where I last worked the food snob told me that KFC stopped using their full name because they use GM chicken with no heads or feet, to get more meat on the chicken, so then technically its not chicken any more so KFC no longer have the right to use the word "chicken" for their meat.

Thats how I imagine all food snobs, they have less idea what they are eating than they claim, its even obvious in this thread (scrapping off the floor etc) :rolleyes:
  • Options
    OwleyOwley Posts: 53
    Forum Member

Excellent post.

I tend to find that fast food restaurants have higher hygiene ratings than a lot of the "proper" restaurants around here. There are strict rules the franchisees and staff have to adhere to, not to mention the law...

As for the advert, I think it's a little far fetched! For a start, I've never seen a KFC with a kitchen that big!

And also, what does it really matter if the staff in KFC are white or not? :confused:
  • Options
    NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

My heart bleeds. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    whackyracerwhackyracer Posts: 15,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My friends other half is a food hygeine inspector and he says that mcdonalds, kfc etc always score very highly and hygeine wise he would much rather eat here than a lot of other places. I saw Heston blumenthal on tv the other day and e was talking about when he had to close the fat duck because of nori virus on their oysters, and you pay over £200 a head for that!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    Thine Wonk wrote: »
    The parent company is Pepsi you know...

Isn't the parent company "YUM"?? (not a joke! i think the company is called YUM)
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My friends other half is a food hygeine inspector and he says that mcdonalds, kfc etc always score very highly and hygeine wise he would much rather eat here than a lot of other places. I saw Heston blumenthal on tv the other day and e was talking about when he had to close the fat duck because of nori virus on their oysters, and you pay over £200 a head for that!

Yes, people always try and use the unhygienic angle with regards to the fast food chains. But most of them are kept at a very high standard (I will not say all as I have not been in all in the country). They have to be because of the high profile that they all have.

It is the local kebab and fish and chip shops that you need to worry about - again, not all as some are kept in tip top state but a good few of them have less than savoury hygiene standards.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    Yes, people always try and use the unhygienic angle with regards to the fast food chains. But most of them are kept at a very high standard

I certainly don't!

I use the "refusing to eat processed shite" angle instead...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hurlley wrote: »
    Anyway where I last worked the food snob told me that KFC stopped using their full name because they use GM chicken with no heads or feet, to get more meat on the chicken, so then technically its not chicken any more so KFC no longer have the right to use the word "chicken" for their meat.

Yeah I heard this too, and that they have replaced their skin with lettuce and their wings with baps, and also their blood with mayonnaise, meaning that they don't even need to cook anything anymore, but can just drop them out of helicopters into your garden, wrapped in a bin bag.
  • Options
    TheBoingoBanditTheBoingoBandit Posts: 1,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Owley wrote: »
    Excellent post.

I tend to find that fast food restaurants have higher hygiene ratings than a lot of the "proper" restaurants around here. There are strict rules the franchisees and staff have to adhere to, not to mention the law...

If you look at the 'Scores on the Door' website (which independantly review the hygiene standards of restaurants), you see that Maccy D's etc often achieve score of 4 out of 5 or even 5 out of five.

I'm seen some local takeaways that have been given ZERO out of five! :eek:
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

could you quote? That website doesn't seem to know how to do paragraphs, just lines. :confused: