Parcels going missing,one apparently signed for by me!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
Forum Member
Hiya,
I've been a member of DS for a while,I enjoying reading the forums but never post,dunno why :)
Anyway I'm hoping someone here can help me out a little,I'll be grateful for any replies.

I moved house 8 weeks ago and set up my mail to be re routed to my new address for the 1st month.Everything was ok,got everything I was expecting but then over the past few weeks I've had things go missing.

On 4th Nov I ordered electric scooters from a seller on Amazon for my childrens xmas presents.Money was taken from my account a few days later.Expected delivery date was the 14th so seeing as I had not got them yet I emailed the seller who promptly replied saying they had been delivered to me on the 8th and that I had signed for them.I told them I had not received or signed for anything.They then emailed me the tracking numbers and I checked the delivery company's website who show a copy of the signature given at time of delivery,I was shocked to see that someone had in fact signed for them using my name and signature but my signature done as initials and I never ever do that.I informed the seller (who i should add is a business seller,not private) who was as shocked as me.They are now querying it with the delivery company as to how this has happened and who actually did sign for the items.I have checked with neighbours and the local grocers who have a drop and collect service but no one has them.
After this I noticed I had a few orders from ebay that still hadn't arrived either,all rather large items,one was rugs for my hall.
I am annoyed at the parcels going missing but more disturbed that someone is signing for my stuff using my name,it makes it look as though I'm trying to con the company I'm buying from.
The scooters were to be my kids main presents and as most people on here will know things are a bit tight for everyone just now and until this is sorted I do not expect a refund straight away or if I will even get one or the scooters replaced so I'm out of pocket to buy them another main present especially after moving house.
Just to add I live alone with my kids and I have my own main door,not a close door which others use to access which might have made more sense this happening if it was and the apparent delivery time was 2.20pm so my kids were in school so they couldn't have signed for them,I was also home all day as I had been suffering from a chest infection and had the day off.

Sorry if my post has went on a bit,I just wanted to try get all the facts across,As I said the seller is investigating it with the delivery company but for all I know their driver could have signed for them and kept them for him/herself,I really don't know what to think and don't want to jump to conclusions but it's also making me paranoid that someone signed for them using my name and not their own which I would do if I took a parcel in for a neighbour.

Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for any help
x

Comments

• Keefy-boyKeefy-boy Posts: 13,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think you need to be paranoid, whoever signed for them, and the driver sounds like a hot prospect, will have known your name as the consignment addressee.
  • user123456789user123456789 Posts: 16,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had someone forge my signature on an attempted parcel delivery it's not uncommon :(

You should have no problem getting a refund as you should be able to easily prove that the signature was not yours.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    That's true,I thought of that and said that to the seller but he said they must be pretty quick to note it as it usually isn't written that big on the parcels or boxes or when they have been handed the delivery signature handheld thing to sign that they must have read through it but then you never know there might be people who actually do this and chance their luck,I'd hate to think that though.Also it wasn't just my signature,they printed my surname too which also wasn't in my writing.
    Thanks for replying :)
    Forum Member
    Thanks Annie,
    I said that to the seller that I can prove that it's not my signature with my bank card,passport etc hopefully that'll help speed the situation along.It's just I do a lot of my shopping online and wouldn't like to think I've got a neighbour or someone close by who does this and cause problems with any deliveries.
    Sorry to hear it happened to you too x
  • Miles_TMiles_T Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's no chance it went to the old address us there?

I've had problems before, a driver couldn't tell the difference between 6 and 8 and delivered to neighbours and have waited in all day to have a card pushed through saying I wasn't in, must have been a ninja delivery because I didn't hear a thing!

I would phone up the delivery company and find out who delivered it and where they delivered it to. Is it possible they posted to one of your neighbours and they've pulled a fast one?

Hope you get it sorted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    Royal Mail is the worst for this, i was waiting for something and checked the tracking, it said it had been signed for. i requested a copy of the signature and it was a completly different name and i even checked with my housing officer if anyone in the other flats had that name so i could go collect it but they said no one had that name.
    i compled to RM and they told me that it was signed buy someone at my address, and it does not ahve to be me that signs for it, just someone in that property.
    Strange thing is i was 200 miles away at the time and no one in my flat, they queried this with postman who claims someone opened my door and they gave it to them which i stotally impossible.

RM seem to protect their own and wont believe me that the only person who could have signed for it and stolen it was the postman.
    Forum Member
    That was one of the first things I did just in case I had made myself look like an idiot getting them sent to my old address and then asking where they were but the seller confirmed that it was my new address.
    To be honest,I only know 1 of my neighbours well as she works with my sister and has taken a few things in for me before with no problem but I dont know anyone else so it's quite possible someone has seen that I'm new in the area and chanced their luck.As I said in the op that I've had other stuff not delivered too that was posted out to me ages ago,I'd hate to think someone is waiting about to steal my post.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    Royal Mail is the worst for this, i was waiting for something and checked the tracking, it said it had been signed for. i requested a copy of the signature and it was a completly different name and i even checked with my housing officer if anyone in the other flats had that name so i could go collect it but they said no one had that name.
    i compled to RM and they told me that it was signed buy someone at my address, and it does not ahve to be me that signs for it, just someone in that property.
    Strange thing is i was 200 miles away at the time and no one in my flat, they queried this with postman who claims someone opened my door and they gave it to them which i stotally impossible.

RM seem to protect their own and wont believe me that the only person who could have signed for it and stolen it was the postman.

you should have asked the postman to give a descripton of the person who opened the door, so that you can report the "break in" to the police. Then you may have heard a different story
  • TraceyUKTraceyUK Posts: 2,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive had neighbours sign fake names and claim my parcels, luckily on one occasion they were sussed out as the guy delivering the replacement described the person who had signed for it and knew right away it was the downstairs neighbour, UPS guy then gave me his mobile number and told me if I expected any more deliveries from them to phone and he'd check item was on van and make sure I was in to take the delivery.

Neighbours seems to have a habbit of stealing my post as they are on ground floor and get to the post first!