Options

The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 14)

Comments

• Options
    ukaszenkoooukaszenkooo Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    There are rumors that Leona will release her single next monday. Such a bad timing. I dont want people to compare them again.
    I just hope that this EP will be noticed. That would be so cool if she could upload Renegade video to her vevo channel. But I guess its no longer possible when she's not with any label?
  • Options
    iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    No third album this year then if she's recording more songs in May and then more again in September. I think the reason she has put out an EP is a mixture between tiding us over while she does The Bodyguard, and also hoping to use the EP to get signed to a label before she goes forward with album three. The opening line of the article is so cringy..."Former Argos watch ambassador Alexandra".

It's not cringy, it's mere shade. She wasn't an Argos watch ambassador at all...like I don't get why PJ are so obsessed with that? She released her own watch line and promoted her product. It's simple business?
  • Options
    beastieletsgobeastieletsgo Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the Argos Ambassador comment was quite funny. On the subject of her releasing the same time as Leona...its a free EP she's lucky she got this much media coverage to begin with. The video will probably be uploaded to her personal channel.

She's on Sunday brunch to talk about the EP. Leona's new record seems like its going to be very good! I can't wait to listen to both records.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    Renegade kinda reminds me of Rated R. Very rock-ish which I like.
  • Options
    stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member
    EP tomorrow :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And something special today in like 20 minutes from now. I wonder what's it gonna be.
    Maybe Renegade music video? But naah. I doubt it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    45 mins
  • Options
    stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member
    Hope it's good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The intro slays!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ain't That Right is great.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I love Ain't That Right. It's just.. Woooaaaah.
    Also Hall Of Fame - amazing!
    I don't like Don't Make It Easy tho... But It might a grower like Go Down which sounds great in good quality!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEX9qLGctKA - Renegade Music Video
  • Options
    lovealexburkelovealexburke Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    hall of fame amazing
  • Options
    lovealexburkelovealexburke Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    wow aint that right wow wow wow
  • Options
    NiiiiiiikNiiiiiiik Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ain't that right I love
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite good songs, but it's just not my cup of tea.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    I am impressed with Renegade EP. Actully exceeded my expectations.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    https://twitter.com/HarrietRose_/status/592639110550003712

send your questions abotu the EP for the interveiw (if you have any)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bromill wrote: »
    I am impressed with Renegade EP. Actully exceeded my expectations.

Same tbh. The quality is there. I don't get how this is better than the last one when she had KWL helping her? That's confusing. I like Hall of Fame best. And the last song sounds slightly...erm...rapey.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Ain't that right & Can We Go Down. Renegade I've actually gotten bored of now so skipped that. I just don't feel like the songs go anywhere, they sort of build up to the chorus and then nothing. But it's definitely better than New Rules, and I like the direction.
  • Options
    Rob200696Rob200696 Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you compare this EP to the mess that #NewRules was. I love it! Ain't that Right is so good, Renegade, Can We Go Down, Hall of Fame. Was hoping for a full version of NMY, but it is such a step in the right direction.

I think we should all try and watch the video, stream on soundcloud as many times as possible to get the listen's and views up!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree. I already have the whole EP on my phone but right now Im still using soundcloud and YouTube to listen to the tracks.
    I know it's not a good thing but we need to give her more views. If it's popular people will watch it. The more people watch it the more popular it gets. That's just how it works...
    So just share it with people and let's hope that It will help her :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I like Ain't that right & Can We Go Down. Renegade I've actually gotten bored of now so skipped that. [I just don't feel like the songs go anywhere, they sort of build up to the chorus and then nothing. But it's definitely better than New Rules, and I like the direction.

I do agree with this with a fair few of the songs. They do have potential though, especially with the writing. The production can be fixed with the right people. Creatively though, it's a much stronger and better direction than New Rules. This EP should have been New Rules tbh.