Options

Liverpool Supporters Thread (Part 21)

Comments

• Options
    misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    I'm very close to joining the 'Rodger Out Brigade'. Everything about that performance, from a tactical point of view, was abysmal. Ings and Firmino were the only 2 half decent performances. So he ropes them both off. Milner was awful, yet he stays on. It's bizarre. Lovren needs dropping and selling asap, he shouldn't be keeping Sakho out of the team, Sakho is 10x the player & defender Lovren is. Moreno needs to start the next game too, Gomez will be special for us one day, but he needs protecting by the manager.

And I also hate how negative we were in the 1st half. Parked the bus, absorbed pressure and clearly played for the draw. Shocking.

I don't care if it's skrtel or lovren to be honest. Skrtel gets away with it cos lovren is beside him. His been just as bad the last two games.
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    misawa97 wrote: »
    I don't care if it's skrtel or lovren to be honest. Skrtel gets away with it cos lovren is beside him. His been just as bad the last two games.

Could always drop them both and give Ilori/Toure a chance. They can't do much worse. For all the praise Martial is getting for his goal, Skrtel's attempt at dispossessing him was embarassing.
  • Options
    kobashi100kobashi100 Posts: 5,774
    Forum Member
    because of the west ham result, BR went negative in the 1st half and that's simply unacceptable in my eyes.

don't care who the manager is, no liverpool team should ever go on the pitch playing not to lose.

dunno understand why the club rejected sakho bids in the summer as it looks like he is not in BR plans.

skrtel and lovren seem bullet proof these days. both of them are lucky to be in the team.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could always drop them both and give Ilori/Toure a chance. They can't do much worse. For all the praise Martial is getting for his goal, Skrtel's attempt at dispossessing him was embarassing.

Let llori go to to villa on loan.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kobashi100 wrote: »
    because of the west ham result, BR went negative in the 1st half and that's simply unacceptable in my eyes.

don't care who the manager is, no liverpool team should ever go on the pitch playing not to lose.

dunno understand why the club rejected sakho bids in the summer as it looks like he is not in BR plans.

skrtel and lovren seem bullet proof these days. both of them are lucky to be in the team.

I agree with a lot of this. I thought the same.
  • Options
    mickmarsmickmars Posts: 7,438
    Forum Member
    Did Brendan tell them it was a 6.30pm kick off,because they didn't start playing until then !!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mickmars wrote: »
    Did Brendan tell them it was a 6.30pm kick off,because they didn't start playing until then !!!

We started playing because United scored. Before that, we were quite happy to take a 0-0 back to Liverpool, which is absurd.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We started playing because United scored. Before that, we were quite happy to take a 0-0 back to Liverpool, which is absurd.

Poor Utd side there for the taking and we didn't even try.
  • Options
    Richard_CraniumRichard_Cranium Posts: 561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Klopp is ticking for rodgers
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Klopp is ticking for rodgers

It really isn't. They are not going to sack someone so soon after the transfer outlay and change of coaching staff.
  • Options
    seelleeseellee Posts: 10,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rodgers gets the whole season whether people like it or not!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. He'll get at least until the New Year, regardless of how bad our performances get. Hopefully if things continue as they are, we'll get Klopp in before he goes elsewhere. Some may say that he wouldn't want to join a "sinking ship" like us, but he seems fond of us, I think he'd up for it.

That said, I'd love nothing more than for Rodgers to prove his credentials, but I'm at the point now where I no longer think that he anything more to prove. He'll be remembered fondly down the line for what he did 2 years ago, but I don't think there's gonna be a future with him.
  • Options
    BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    It really isn't. They are not going to sack someone so soon after the transfer outlay and change of coaching staff.

You say that but FSG are ruthless. The change of coaching staff was I believe a Brendan compromise to keep his job and was enforced on him by FSG, so already they are taking charge.

As for the outlay, I think it is £12 million net spend after sales.

At the end of the day if it looks like at any point CL is out of the window FSG will pull the trigger and so they should.

Rodgers has seemingly lost his mind. Some of the decisions are indescribable. If anyone can explain Joe Gomez being played at LB yet again (not his natural position) after his headless chicken display a few weeks ago, then you will have my gratitude. Talk about finding a way to destroy a young man's confidence.

Although it would be typical Rodgers to be fair. We have seen remarkably similar with others, Markovic rings a bell. It is a typical pattern of his, play a young promising player out of his position and keep insisting with it until said player is totally shot to pieces, only to then drop him until we never see him again and shipped off on loan.
  • Options
    Richard_CraniumRichard_Cranium Posts: 561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The coaching staff are not Rodgers people they are fsg. And the players are the committee buys.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The most damning thing however is that Rodgers has abandoned even his own philosophies. Where has the possession game gone that he started with? Where did the aggressive pressing and countering of the title season go??

No care seemingly taken in the style of player brought in. Either that or an inability to then change to the style of players.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree. He'll get at least until the New Year, regardless of how bad our performances get. Hopefully if things continue as they are, we'll get Klopp in before he goes elsewhere. Some may say that he wouldn't want to join a "sinking ship" like us, but he seems fond of us, I think he'd up for it.

That said, I'd love nothing more than for Rodgers to prove his credentials, but I'm at the point now where I no longer think that he anything more to prove. He'll be remembered fondly down the line for what he did 2 years ago, but I don't think there's gonna be a future with him.

I think klopp is gonna wait till next summer and see what happens with Pep and Bayern. Can see him going Bayern if Pep doesn't sign a new deal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kobashi100 wrote: »
    I think klopp is gonna wait till next summer and see what happens with Pep and Bayern. Can see him going Bayern if Pep doesn't sign a new deal.

Well if we take the reported words Klopp has said he has no interest in CL clubs already established and is looking for an exciting project and a club he can "help".

Frankly the way I have personally read his words and reported words is so transparently a 'come and get me' to Liverpool. I think it is a rather open secret that Klopp likes Liverpool and that the club would suit him down to the ground.

FSG would be mad if they don't approach him. I fear their next appointment is yet again going to be straight out of the moneyball book and I'm thinking Gary Monk or Frank De Boer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You say that but FSG are ruthless. The change of coaching staff was I believe a Brendan compromise to keep his job and was enforced on him by FSG, so already they are taking charge.

As for the outlay, I think it is £12 million net spend after sales.

At the end of the day if it looks like at any point CL is out of the window FSG will pull the trigger and so they should.

Rodgers has seemingly lost his mind. Some of the decisions are indescribable. If anyone can explain Joe Gomez being played at LB yet again (not his natural position) after his headless chicken display a few weeks ago, then you will have my gratitude. Talk about finding a way to destroy a young man's confidence.

Although it would be typical Rodgers to be fair. We have seen remarkably similar with others, Markovic rings a bell. It is a typical pattern of his, play a young promising player out of his position and keep insisting with it until said player is totally shot to pieces, only to then drop him until we never see him again and shipped off on loan.

FSG gave BR permission to change his coaching staff. FSG are not gonna sack Rodgers in September. It's not gonna happen.

Regarding BR and Liverpool I am struggling to see the direction BR wants to take the team. He is going away from the things we do well which was his philosophy in the first place.

In the first season even when we were losing I could see what BR was trying to achieve and the direction of the team. At the moment I have no idea.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The coaching staff are not Rodgers people they are fsg. And the players are the committee buys.

Any evidence of that. The coaching staff is all Rodgers. FSG found odriscoll and mccallister. No way.

What makes you think the signings were the committee buys?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Any evidence of that. The coaching staff is all Rodgers. FSG found odriscoll and mccallister. No way.

What makes you think the signings were the committee buys?

Well we have fairly good sources and even factual admissions that a transfer committee exists and that certain players that have been bought were not fancied by Rodgers himself. Think Assaidi, Markovic, Alberto etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Anyone who has been farmed out on loan ain't a Rodgers signing considering his absolute devolution to Joe Allen who we know definitely was a Rodgers signing which sets a benchmark to the loyalty he will give to him and his crocked legs, but not Lazar Markovic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Anyone who has been farmed out on loan ain't a Rodgers signing considering his absolute devolution to Joe Allen who we know definitely was a Rodgers signing which sets a benchmark to the loyalty he will give to him and his crocked legs, but not Lazar Markovic.

I wouldnt mind Joe Allen in the team right now.. We might actually hold on to the ball better if he was playing.

I maybe one of the few who rates him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well we have fairly good sources and even factual admissions that a transfer committee exists and that certain players that have been bought were not fancied by Rodgers himself. Think Assaidi, Markovic, Alberto etc.

But that doesn't mean the players brought in were committee buys and not Rodgers.

If you believe that to be the case then what's the point of changing manager. If the committee call the shots as you believe then I would love to see who would sign up for that.

I actually belive FSG reviewed what happened last year and decided this year it was better to give Rodgers players he wanted rather than players that were not so much his targets.
    I wouldnt mind Joe Allen in the team right now.. We might actually hold on to the ball better if he was playing.

A far better passer of the ball than Lucas and Milner.

One of the few players we have who can take the ball facing his own goal and turn away in one motion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But that doesn't mean the players brought in were committee buys and not Rodgers.

If you believe that to be the case then what's the point of changing manager. If the committee call the shots as you believe then I would love to see who would sign up for that.

I actually belive FSG reviewed what happened last year and decided this year it was better to give Rodgers players he wanted rather than players that were not so much his targets.

Well I hope you are right because then that means he is truly accountable for not being able to find a way to get the best out of Benteke, Firmino etc. Alternatively it also questions his judgement if he bought these players without having a way to play them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Don't get me wrong, I quite like Joe Allen. I was using him to make the point that we know he definitely is a Rodgers signing and we can contrast the loyalty shown to him even with his many many injuries, to the complete abandonment of loyalty to some others.

Oh and remember Balotelli?? One day Rodgers categorically denies wanting him. The next week he has signed. Now Rodgers isn't in the business of making himself look daft. There is no way he wanted Balotelli.

All of this shows FSG already have him on a tight leash. It isn't a stretch that they can get rid of him.

Get Klopp in who has an absolutely defined way of playing which has bore out fruits in trophies, who has experience of working under a Director of Football and Committee, who plays football which suits the Premier League and finally, a manager with a name who will attract and motivate players.
This discussion has been closed.