James Arthur vs Matt Cardle part 2/3/7....whatever

Comments

• fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    James is best friends with Rylan for goodness sakes, people are looking for anything to say to the guy but it doesn't change a thing about loads of celebrities wanting to work with him than any other artist before him.

And it's true the previous winners bar Shayne had crap albums AND they didn't sell well either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James is best friends with Rylan for goodness sakes, people are looking for anything to say to the guy but it doesn't change a thing about loads of celebrities wanting to work with him than any other artist before him.

And it's true the previous winners bar Shayne had crap albums AND they didn't sell well either.

So what if he is best friends with Rylan. What he said, it wasn't needed. It was really rude. I understand that he was sticking up for himself, but he didn't need to write it like that. It would have been better if he was the bigger person and just not said anything at all. It would have made Matt look like the crazy one.
  • String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am a massive James Arthur fan....But, even I am beginning to see that he needs to restrain himself a bit. The problem with Twitter or any social networking site for that matter, is that you can send a message without giving it too much thought at all. It just kind of comes out in the heat of the moment.

James needs to learn that sometimes it is best to let others do the talking. If he isn't careful, he could isolate a lot of his fans. I will always listen to his music, as I appreciate his tone and how he delivers a performance...But, whilst some may say, what he is doing or saying is giving him an edgy identity and is different from your usual cliched musicians; I think someone needs to have a quiet word with him.

It is clear that the guy has his own insecurities, and I think sometimes, he uses his own insecurities to belittle others who supposedly haven't achieved what he has to date....He is playing a dangerous game. Ok, Matt Cardle may have pointed something out to begin with, but at least he provided a constructive view point. If James believes trading insults at people who have an opinion on him as an artist is the right way to go, then I am sorry....He won't last long at all. Like I say, I am a huge James Arthur fan, but maybe James should read his tweets back & see how he would feel if they were directed at him......A person who has his own insecurities. Then read what Matt said about him & see how his own comments could be deemed over the top & quite frankly juvenile and very shortsighted.

Think before you type James, & you'll be taking a trip to the bargain bin yourself.

Whilst I disagree with the way he's gone about this, I have a feeling something must have happened to make him snap so suddenly and in such a big way.
    This story has been making the rounds for a few weeks, and James kept a dignified silence, until yesterday. I'm sure there's more to this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    String9 wrote: »
    Whilst I disagree with the way he's gone about this, I have a feeling something must have happened to make him snap so suddenly and in such a big way.
    This story has been making the rounds for a few weeks, and James kept a dignified silence, until yesterday. I'm sure there's more to this.

Could it be that James has had to accept that he is not going to be number 1 this week and Matt managed 3 weeks didn't he?
  • millysshawmillysshaw Posts: 2,464
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am a massive James Arthur fan....But, even I am beginning to see that he needs to restrain himself a bit. The problem with Twitter or any social networking site for that matter, is that you can send a message without giving it too much thought at all. It just kind of comes out in the heat of the moment.

James needs to learn that sometimes it is best to let others do the talking. If he isn't careful, he could isolate a lot of his fans. I will always listen to his music, as I appreciate his tone and how he delivers a performance...But, whilst some may say, what he is doing or saying is giving him an edgy identity and is different from your usual cliched musicians; I think someone needs to have a quiet word with him.

It is clear that the guy has his own insecurities, and I think sometimes, he uses his own insecurities to belittle others who supposedly haven't achieved what he has to date....He is playing a dangerous game. Ok, Matt Cardle may have pointed something out to begin with, but at least he provided a constructive view point. If James believes trading insults at people who have an opinion on him as an artist is the right way to go, then I am sorry....He won't last long at all. Like I say, I am a huge James Arthur fan, but maybe James should read his tweets back & see how he would feel if they were directed at him......A person who has his own insecurities. Then read what Matt said about him & see how his own comments could be deemed over the top & quite frankly juvenile and very shortsighted.

Think before you type James, & you'll be taking a trip to the bargain bin yourself.

Well said. I agree with you. I like James Arthur and think his music is ok. Bit I prefer Matts music, did vote for Matt, did not vote for any this year.

There is a saying be nice to people on the way up, you might meet them again on the way down.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James Arthur vs Matt Cardle?

It's a walkover if there has to be a choice, Matt all the way, how in hell JA even got into XF baffles me.
  • Crabbie123Crabbie123 Posts: 8,478
    Forum Member

James was the one who rubbished the work of all previous male winners and tweeted the Stephen Mulhearn comment - until then Matt had been very supportive of James, always saying when asked who he wanted to win "either Ella or James" and when Ella left he then said he really rated James' talent and wanted him to win. Matt only got involved when he responded to James' jibes and why shouldn't he be p*ssed off by someone rubbishing not only his work but also that of the other male winners and indirectly the producers and writers who worked with them. And even in his tweets directly to James he was pretty dignified, mainly expressing his disappointment in James' attitude but saying he still hoped he would win. James has not kept a "dignified silence " - he started it.

Last night Matt tweeted:

Matt Cardle ‏@matt_cardle_uk
    It's very very cosy in the bubble.... It really is.

I think that sums it up - currently James is surrounded by people who are telling him how amazing he is - he's still in the XF bubble. When it bursts (and it will - just a matter of timing) he may regret his attitude.
  • String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Crabbie123 wrote: »
    Last night Matt tweeted:

Matt Cardle ‏@matt_cardle_uk
    It's very very cosy in the bubble.... It really is.

I think that sums it up - currently James is surrounded by people who are telling him how amazing he is - he's still in the XF bubble. When it bursts (and it will - just a matter of timing) he may regret his attitude.

The answer to that tweet, i'm guessing.

James Arthur‏@JamesArthur23
    Jealousy is a weak emotion.. Learnt that in the real world where I lived for quite some time..

As I said, earlier, I'm sure something made him snap.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    James never said anything about Matt, he said he doesn't think the male winners albums were that good, which might be why people haven't connected to them.

The press twisted this and Matts reply.

James says what he thinks and tbf, when you're annoyed you're going to lash out on twitter or whatever, like when James said about people on here. No doubt his PA will tell him not to rise to it in future but James is still a normal guy. If you thought someone was having a pop at you, you'd have a go back.
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The Sun article, which James was responding to, was only published three days ago, on the 19th December. It has subsequently been rehashed by various other sites including DS, Heat and Sugarscape (these are the only three I follow on Twitter, but I'm sure there have been more besides that.) The story hasn't been doing the round 'for weeks' - it's true that Matt originally tweeted a few weeks ago, but that actually went largely unnoticed by the media (and James himself, I'm sure, as I doubt he follows Matt on Twitter) - it wasn't until the Sun article that this whole thing blew up.

So instead of the very unlikely chance that something has happened 'behind the scenes' (I'd be interested to know what you think that was - some sort of dramatic showdown between Matt and James?!) it seems a lot more obvious that the first time James tweeted about the article was the first time he'd seen it, just a couple of days after it was originally published.

The idea of James being able to keep any sort of dignified silence has made me laugh this morning, though, despite my hangover, so cheers for that!
  • AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James never said anything about Matt, he said he doesn't think the male winners albums were that good, which might be why people haven't connected to them.

The press twisted this and Matts reply.

James says what he thinks and tbf, when you're annoyed you're going to lash out on twitter or whatever, like when James said about people on here. No doubt his PA will tell him not to rise to it in future but James is still a normal guy. If you thought someone was having a pop at you, you'd have a go back.

If I think someone is having a pop at me I don't have a go back, I just ignore it. That way it just makes the person doing the popping look bad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 449
    Forum Member

You could be right...I hope you are.
    Forum Member
    Andybear wrote: »
    [/B]

If I think someone is having a pop at me I don't have a go back, I just ignore it. That way it just makes the person doing the popping look bad.

Fair enough. To be honest with you, I wish I could rise above it.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like watching two soon-to-be-extinct dinosaurs fighting over the putrid remains of some road kill, thrown to them by a smug pantomime villain...
  • maninthequeuemaninthequeue Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I think Matt Cardle is a much better singer than James Arthur. However, Matt showed himself up to be a plonker with his David Icke inspired conspiracy theory nonsense on 9/11 and other matters.

Having said that whilst the competition was going on James decided to rise to the bait thrown by Frankie Boyle on twitter in contrast to fellow finalists Jahmene & Christopher. Ironically the much vilified Christopher (by the Syco machine) was really classy and self-depreciating with his "I'll let you stick to the comedy and I'll stick to the Karaoke bars" comment. All in all it enabled Frankie Boyle to show up the not very nice side of James' character with the Syco machine is doing it's best to hide.

Anyway, if you want to enjoy a new talented credible UK male performer and singer songwriter in 2013 then we have Tom Odell
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4-OxOmsqR0

As unlike James he is good looking and his Jeff Buckley meets Chris Martin voice is hugely preferable to a constipated James Morrison soundalike.
  • KissesDontLieKissesDontLie Posts: 450
    Forum Member
    James Arthur >>>>>>>>>> a bag of crap > Matt Cardle
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James Arthur >>>>>>>>>> a bag of crap > Matt Cardle[/QUO

Surely then 2 bags of crap having an argument = pile of bull***t.
  • soulloversoullover Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pathetic pair of immature kids :rolleyes:
  • shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    Michelle32 wrote: »
    James Arthur >>>>>>>>>> a bag of crap > Matt Cardle[/QUO

Surely then 2 bags of crap having an argument = pile of bull***t.

Is there anyone from the show you actually like?
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If a singer like Joe is able to restrain from making personal remarks to a previous winner, why cannot these two?
  • IsItThatDeepIsItThatDeep Posts: 1,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't particularly like either of these two as singers or people, can see why now. If they both crawled back under their rocks neither would be missed.

What an odious pair of idiots, both need to stfu imo.
    Forum Member
    Gill P wrote: »
    If a singer like Joe is able to restrain from making personal remarks to a previous winner, why cannot these two?

James hasn't had a go at Matt personally. He said he didn't like think the albums by the male winners were good. He gave his opinion when asked if he was worried about the "curse of the X Factor males".

I don't see why Joe in particular has anything to do with it. Why mention Joe and not Shayne/Leon/Leona/Alexandra etc? Everybody's different. Maybe James/Matt are just more able to stand up for themselves.
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Is there anyone from the show you actually like?

based on his posts... NONE.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    James hasn't had a go at Matt personally.

He has now. In pretty stupid and derogatory fashion as well. If he wants to be a pop star he has too develop a thicker skin.

I am not sure if he can. If I worked for his label I would take his twitter account of him tbh.
  • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James is in the wrong and I'm going off him now. That comment aimed towards Matt about the bargain bin was totally uncalled for. It's too early for James to make remarks about previous male winners and album sales. He's only just won the show!

And I think Matt was right to pull James up about his comments about previous male winners. Matt is sticking up for himself and sticking up for the likes of Joe, Shayne etc as well. Should Matt have just sat back and not said anything? He had a point when he said James shouldn't be mouthing off. Let's see how well James is doing in two years time, shall we?

And Joe has been successful, I understand. Just because he isn't in the top 40 chart doesn't mean he's not successful :rolleyes: He's gone down the classical/musical theatre route so I hear.