Revolution (UK PACE) - Fridays 9pm Sky1 HD

DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,880
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone else really looking forward to this like I am? Will it be a success for JJ like Lost and Fringe or could it be like Alcatraz and gets canceled after one season?

PJ

Comments

• Square Eyes 53Square Eyes 53 Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    Anybody know the start date for this?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    There are fairly high production values, but that makes it all the more annoying, because it feels like a missed opportunity.

The characters are uncomplicated and fall into predictable tropes. The acting is generally sub-par, but that may be down to the material they have to work with, as some of the actors have distinguished themselves on other shows. The male and female leads annoy the crap out of me.

The plot is paper-thin and the central sci-fi concept doesn't make much sense - given that this is JJ Abrams, I don't expect that to change any time soon. It all feels too glossy and clean, when it should feel dirty and gritty.

Do not go into this expecting deep speculative fictiom. It's ultimately an action adventure show, and if you hope to enjoy it, it's best to go in with those expectations.
  • DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for that. My thoughts are that by making it less science fiction maybe it will appeal to a broader audience in the sense Person of Interest does but it dies need a strong plot to do that whichever sons like it does. My mum loves PoI but hated Lost. I was hoping to enjoy this with her.

PJ
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it is anything like Alcatraz I won't be watching more than 1 ep, that must have have been one of the worst things I ever watched.
  • Square Eyes 53Square Eyes 53 Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    If it is anything like Alcatraz I won't be watching more than 1 ep, that must have have been one of the worst things I ever watched.

Totally disagree
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally disagree

Cool, each to their own :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    This starts on March 22nd.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the premise and i'm quite intruiged by the show, but I'll likely sky plus it for a while just to see if it ends up getting binned. I'm slightly hesitant to go into anything associated with JJ Abrams after "Lost", but I'm willing to give this a go.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    smcwales wrote: »
    This starts on March 22nd.

Link???
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am giving this one episode to hook me, if not it goes the way of Alcatraz and Last resort for me.
  • Martin1Martin1 Posts: 8,301
    Forum Member
    Revolution starts on the 29th of March with a double episode.
    http://sky1.sky.com/revolution/jj-abrams-no-1-us-drama-revolution-heads-to-sky-1
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nigh on another month?

Well you can't say they haven't pushed it hard enough
  • AdderAdder Posts: 1,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems a bit of a concern that they've stuck it on not only a Friday night, but the first episode on Friday night of the Easter holiday weekend. I wonder why, little faith after Alcatraz?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Cannot WAIT for this program!!!! :D
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont think I have ever seen sky promote a show so much as they have Revolution. It seems that every ad break has another plug for this show.

I will give the double header opener a go, and see if it can grab my attention....
  • The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not groundbreaking great tv but it is pretty decent.

Yes the chacters you could say have been seen before but thats ok.

As long as people are not expecting it to be a "must see tv show" and accept its just a decent enjoyable tv show then its worth watching.

Its in the middle of a break in the US and do hope when it comes back people go back to the show as its a decent show and something to watch apart from the rubbish we seem to be making in the U.K at the moment
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great scheduling sticking it up against NCIS and The Walking Dead on FOX I must say!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phil.. I thought that yesterday, gotta be trying to pull from the same Demo, but this is silly planning on Sky's part.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know it isn't everyone's cup of tea and I know some saying good story poorly executed but I imagine to convey the story the way some want it would take an unlimited budget with special effects that aren't available yet. I love JJ's character creation and actor choice (although sometimes I like Mr Reece is miscast) so am really looking forward to this.

PJ
  • minkskiminkski Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    I shall give it one episode, however I'm worried that this will have been done before with programmes such as Jericho
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    Can't wait for this show :)