Somewhat ironic if Helen is the only female in the final with her pass

DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,962
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
Extremely unlikely Ashleigh will be up through face to face noms but just never know.

With the voters having little time for female housemates , Helen without pass would have already been long gone.

If the unlikely happened the producers decision would feel vindicated.

Has there ever been just two females from eight before, I assume it must have happened

Comments

• I <3 TweetyI <3 Tweety Posts: 8,286
    Forum Member
    I can't remember. Hopefully she'll realise she doesn't deserve it.
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    I <3 Tweety wrote: »

Helen is a classic housemate now whether people like that or not.
    I can only imagine this series being even more awful than it already is without her.
  • Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    Extremely unlikely Ashleigh will be up through face to face noms but just never know.

With the voters having little time for female housemates , Helen without pass would have already been long gone.

If the unlikely happened the producers decision would feel vindicated.

Has there ever been just two females from eight before, I assume it must have happened
    BB11. Just Josie and Corin with seven men at the end.
  • I &lt;3 TweetyI &lt;3 Tweety Posts: 8,286
    Forum Member
    Aura101 wrote: »
    I can only imagine this series being even more awful than it already is without her.

It would have been better cos it wouldn't have been the Helen show.
  • crisis3crisis3 Posts: 2,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She doesn't count as a housemate. She has had an easy ride with no nominations and no eviction night experience nothing of what BB is about. She just takes up space in a bed and adds nothing else. At least football coaches will be happy as she isn't about potentially ruining their key players concentration.
  • snarieksnariek Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Helen and Mark are the only two housemates that have made me hit the mute button, or switch over completely. I would have enjoyed the series a hundred times more if they weren't in it.
  • GrandmotherGrandmother Posts: 2,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There would conceivably be no women in the final. Ashleigh's liked, it seems, because she 'stood up' to Helen - no Helen, no Ashleigh. Considering that it's mainly ladies who bother to pick up the phone and vote, the irony's pretty black.
  • Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She clearly doesn't care, she's interested in the money from interviews etc
  • TrumblesTrumbles Posts: 7,781
    Forum Member
    Pauline, Toya, Helen and (from what I've heard) Biannca were all HMs unlikely to last long without special help.

Danielle wasn't evicted by the public (or even most of the HMs).

Kim ...left (God knows what the truth of all that is, but she wasn't evicted).

If Helen is the only female in the final it's because this series has been a complete shambles.
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    crisis3 wrote: »
    She doesn't count as a housemate. She has had an easy ride with no nominations and no eviction night experience nothing of what BB is about. She just takes up space in a bed and adds nothing else. At least football coaches will be happy as she isn't about potentially ruining their key players concentration.

Good points . I said right at the start it was the stupidest decision ever by BB .

She would have been long gone and forgotten without her pass .
  • KabiraKabira Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would have been better cos it wouldn't have been the Helen show.

I agree.

Ash might not have had it so easy either without Helen fighting his battles.
  • dtorredtorre Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paace wrote: »
    She would have been long gone and forgotten without her pass .

And the series would have died on it's arse without her like last year's did when Sallie left first. People like Helen and Sallie can cause conflict out of nothing and a show like BB desperately needs that to stay interesting
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dtorre wrote: »
    And the series would have died on it's arse without her like last year's did when Sallie left first. People like Helen and Sallie can cause conflict out of nothing and a show like BB desperately needs that to stay interesting

So could Pauline. If she was still around people would inevitably say "but imagine if she left at the start, the show would have been boring without her". I certainly was glad to see the back of her and I would have been glad to see the back of Helen too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    snariek wrote: »
    So could Pauline. If she was still around people would inevitably say "but imagine if she left at the start, the show would have been boring without her". I certainly was glad to see the back of her and I would have been glad to see the back of Helen too.

We didn't need Pauline though, we already had Helen. Losing both would've killed the show
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We didn't need Pauline though, we already had Helen. Losing both would've killed the show

That's something no one can ever know. I do know however that Helen's presence killed the show for me.
  • B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    crisis3 wrote: »

Don't be ridiculous. Helen's a housemate just like any of the others regardless of whether she's had the full BB experience or not. She could have had that pass revoked at any time and was no doubt expecting it to happen. It still could. If Helen's pass is taken away from her she will be evicted like anybody else. Perhaps you believe that she should slink out with a coat over her head in the dead of night because she's so unworthy. Holy good grief! :confused::o
  • dialecticdialectic Posts: 6,949
    Forum Member
    It's a pity there's less females in the run up to the finale but people should not see this as a reason to keep Ashleigh in .There were better females that should have been there, namely Jale and Kim ( at least before Ashleigh anyway)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's something no one can ever know. I do know however that Helen's presence killed the show for me.

But we already do know it because Helen has stayed all the way through. Who else causes conflict? The show would've been showmance central with producers pushing Steve/Kim and then Christopher/Mark if Helen wasn't there to cause arguments and rifts everyday

Remember last year's shambles after Sallie left, there was so little happening they resorted to pushing a Dexter/Charlie showmance every single night? They were some of the most boring episodes ever. That could have been this year too but luckily we dodged that bullet
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But we already do know it because Helen has stayed all the way through. Who else causes conflict? The show would've been showmance central with producers pushing Steve/Kim and then Christopher/Mark if Helen wasn't there to cause arguments and rifts everyday

We don't know it. How do we possibly know it? Have you managed to travel into an alternate universe where Helen was evicted early on and you know for a fact it killed the show? You forgot to mention Ash/Helen in your list of showmances, as that's only been mentioned in the HLs how many times this week alone? In fact last night's episode alone? The other two showmances have been milked for all they're worth regardless of Helen being there.
    Remember last year's shambles after Sallie left, there was so little happening they resorted to pushing a Dexter/Charlie showmance every single night? They were some of the most boring episodes ever. That could have been this year too but luckily we dodged that bullet

As if the Dexter/Charlie showmance wouldn't have been pushed because Sallie was there. I hated BB14 with a passion but it had nothing to do with Sallie leaving. Yes Sallie left, but Gina was there until the end and she's basically Helen with a fake posh accent.
  • rhizo_maniarhizo_mania Posts: 4,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I liked Sallie as an HM, but on reflection she should have stayed for two weeks max, and I think the same about Helen she should not have had a pass to the final, and should have been evicted after two weeks.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We don't know it. How do we possibly know it? Have you managed to travel into an alternate universe where Helen was evicted early on and you know for a fact it killed the show? You forgot to mention Ash/Helen in your list of showmances, as that's only been mentioned in the HLs how many times this week alone? In fact last night's episode alone? The other two showmances have been milked for all they're worth regardless of Helen being there.

Well I asked who else would provide the constant level of conflict and arguments that Helen has provided, what is the answer? I'll give it to you - nobody. Helen/Ash doesn't even qualify as a showmance, they aren't together. All it consists of is people making fun of them both because they are uncomfortable about the idea

The other showmances got airtime, but that's ALL there would have been if Helen hadn't been providing constant conflict and arguments
    As if the Dexter/Charlie showmance wouldn't have been pushed because Sallie was there. I hated BB14 with a passion but it had nothing to do with Sallie leaving. Yes Sallie left, but Gina was there until the end and she's basically Helen with a fake posh accent.

It wouldn't have completely dominated the show like it did if there was someone like Sallie around to provide other happenings to talk about. They were desperate for things to put on the HL shows last year because there was sod all happening, so all we got was non-stop fake showmance

Gina was nothing like Helen, she was a vacuous, boring non-entity, every single bit of conflict involving her was manufactured by, and handed to her on a plate by BB in a desperate attempt to make something happen. Helen makes her own arguments out of thin air because that's the kind of person she is
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I asked who else would provide the constant level of conflict and arguments that Helen has provided, what is the answer? I'll give it to you - nobody. Helen/Ash doesn't even qualify as a showmance, they aren't together. All it consists of is people making fun of them both because they are uncomfortable about the idea.

What constant level of conflict or arguments has Helen provided since she was warned over the Matthew thing? Bar the ones manufactured by BB which you describe as a bad thing when describing Gina? You also think conflict is the only thing that can be used to fill a highlights show. There were plenty of stuff in the HLs this week that didn't involve Helen whatsoever. On top of that, not everyone finds conflict entertaining, certainly not when it's borderline threatening and simply uncomfortable to watch. Did you enjoy watching Conor have a go at Deana?

You are seriously deluding yourself if you think Helen and Ash doesn't qualify as a showmance. Go back over the past two night's shows and see how much it was mentioned. It is constantly pushed and brought up. Way more so than Christopher and Mark and for much longer. Plus, Ash and Helen have done as much under the covers as those two so I don't see how one qualifies as a showmance but the other doesn't.
    The other showmances got airtime, but that's ALL there would have been if Helen hadn't been providing constant conflict and arguments

Again, what CONSTANT conflict? When have we not had to endure Steven and Kim fawning over each other because there was just so much of the HLs PACKED with arguments thanks to Helen. Her presence has done nothing to save us from any of the dreaded showmances, in particular her own.
    It wouldn't have completely dominated the show like it did if there was someone like Sallie around to provide other happenings to talk about.

Well again I'm not sure how anyone can possibly know that. People probably would be saying the same thing about Dexter had he left at that stage. Unless somebody guessed in week 1 that he would become a wet blanket and spend most of his time batting his eyelids at Charlie of all people, if anyone did make that prediction at that stage of the show then I'd like to ask them for the next lotto numbers.
    Gina was nothing like Helen, she was a vacuous, boring non-entity, every single bit of conflict involving her was manufactured by, and handed to her on a plate by BB in a desperate attempt to make something happen. Helen makes her own arguments out of thin air because that's the kind of person she is

I completely agree with your description of Gina, which is why she reminds me so much of Helen.
  • Rikki65Rikki65 Posts: 8,449
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't call it ironic, I'd call it a bl0ody travesty.
  • gary1234gary1234 Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    Helen will not make the final, BB know that if she did she would be the first or second out and would be instantly forgotten. They'll want her on BBOTS for a week and so I think they will manufacture her eviction.

2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th are the worst places to finish. You get a 5 minute interview and then all that anyone is interested in is the winner.

Helen is a foul mouthed drunken nasty piece of work. She is Channel 5 gold and they will want their pound of flesh.

Helen is not that young, she is not going to be a model, a WAG or a TV presenter. She has achieved minor celebrity status but unlike Zoe does not have a talent she can sell. To leave behind a business and a 10 year olld son I would imagine that she is being paid quite well and Channel 5 have plans for her.
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    gary1234 wrote: »
    Helen will not make the final, BB know that if she did she would be the first or second out and would be instantly forgotten. They'll want her on BBOTS for a week and so I think they will manufacture her eviction.

2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th are the worst places to finish. You get a 5 minute interview and then all that anyone is interested in is the winner.

Helen is a foul mouthed drunken nasty piece of work. She is Channel 5 gold and they will want their pound of flesh.

Helen is not that young, she is not going to be a model, a WAG or a TV presenter. She has achieved minor celebrity status but unlike Zoe does not have a talent she can sell. To leave behind a business and a 10 year olld son I would imagine that she is being paid quite well and Channel 5 have plans for her.

The only way Helen isn't in the final night is if she comes last in the vote to win when they lose someone in the vote to win a couple of nights before

This isn't going to happen, also next week she immune so it's not happening

Only two weeks left as well, not sure how your theory will work or is just wishful thinking

There are also six in the final not five