Nicole Scherzinger to sign £1.5 million deal

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    i don't think that is as typical as you suspect to be honest.:o lots of performance related pay schemes are dependant on the company overall performance, but of course there are exceptions like bankers for instance.:rolleyes:

this is the entertainment industry though and talent is ridiculously overpaid in this sector. especially in the us and that is why many tv shows get cancelled by the networks. the talent still insist on being paid they feel their worth even when the ratings slide. like you say, the ratings are the networks responsibility, so its hardly surprising when shows are cancelled due to escalating costs alongside diminishing returns.

To clarify: I was comparing profits as ratings ("in this case, ratings") as I have no inside information that they made lower profits, the same or higher. The ratings were a lot lower and there were many other 'issues', but the one thing that shone was they got the winner they wanted and a decent runner up (they nearly had Christopher Maloney), they got some comedy, and even when the mic failed (they couldn't even get that right) Nicole saved the day. Like her or not: she came up smelling of roses.
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    To clarify: I was comparing profits as ratings ("in this case, ratings") as I have no inside information that they made lower profits, the same or higher. The ratings were a lot lower and there were many other 'issues', but the one thing that shone was they got the winner they wanted and a decent runner up (they nearly had Christopher Maloney), they got some comedy, and even when the mic failed (they couldn't even get that right) Nicole saved the day. Like her or not: she came up smelling of roses.

its possible that profits are down due to the ratings. big ratings means more advertising revenue and advertisers are unlikely to the same amounts they paid perhaps two years ago. nicole did a good job and she deserves her place, i already acknowledged that in my previous post. however, i don't especially agree with pay rises on a show that is under performing compared to previous seasons.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    its possible that profits are down due to the ratings. big ratings means more advertising revenue and advertisers are unlikely to the same amounts they paid perhaps two years ago. nicole did a good job and she deserves her place, i already acknowledged that in my previous post. however, i don't especially agree with pay rises on a show that is under performing compared to previous seasons.

Fair enough. I just think when everything was going wrong, she was the only thing that was right and so a reward is important to ensure she is happy to continue. Had, say, Geri Halliwell had been successful and got the job (it was "her job to lose" at one point so the media stories said) I don't think she'd have had the skills or the talent to do what Nicole did with the ease she did it.

I thought the only reason last year was better than the previous year (which was pretty bad) was because of Nicole and her category.
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    Fair enough. I just think when everything was going wrong, she was the only thing that was right and so a reward is important to ensure she is happy to continue. Had, say, Geri Halliwell had been successful and got the job (it was "her job to lose" at one point so the media stories said) I don't think she'd have had the skills or the talent to do what Nicole did with the ease she did it.

I thought the only reason last year was better than the previous year (which was pretty bad) was because of Nicole and her category.

i agree, she was one of the better aspects of last years show. i just cant agree over the pay rise, but i suspect she just wants to be paid as well as the other judges and who could blame her?

geri wouldn't have done so well, that almost goes without saying,:o but the goalposts change in terms of the expectation of the judges each year. if rumours are to be believed, there will only be two singers on this years panel and there could be a situation where louis and sharon are the judges in the final. i would imagine in such a scenario guest vocalists would be required to sing with the finalists like in previous years.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't like the idea at first of Nicole landing the job but having said that she really swayed me & i'm glad she got the job. She was the only reason i watched last year. So i'm happy if she returns.

I don't want Sharon Osbourne back at all! She is a panto judge wasn't that good with her acts. The best line up to me will always be Simon, Cheryl, Dannii & Louis. I could even stand Louis then. Hes a dead beat judge in my opinion but with that line up i could put up with him.

Gary Barlow is very overrated in my opinion. Geri only did one day last series & it was crammed into 1 episode & then a scene on another episode. At least she had personality unlike Rita Ora (why shes not earn't her fame yet to new) & Leona who was just dull. Melanie B did quite a few days so more footage chance etc & i enjoyed her. But i think shes suited to America's got talent or could be on BGT. Geri i think given the chance would've been a good judge the chance. Still shes gonna join Australia's got talent full time so that will give her a chance. I think she would've been good with acts had she got the role. Never mind.

So i'm thinking its gonna be Gary, Nicole, Sharon,& Louis.

If Sharon comes back then as much as i enjoyed Nicole last year i'd rather Melanie B!

Nicole helped Sharon out a few years ago at judges houses so if they're gonna be BFF then
    no thank you. Melanie B please! There again Sharon can be a nasty piece of work so if shes gonna be working with a younger beautiful woman then she might get her claws out like she did with Dannii.

So sorry for long post but i think the show hasn't had a great line up since 2008-2010. 2011 was terrible the viewing figures prove that. Last year was an improvement thanks to Nicole.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    @officialtulisa
    So many things I could say on twitter right now ....'smirks'...(Backs away from the phone)...cool calm and collected ;) LOL!
  • Options
    gavin shipmangavin shipman Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    This Panel will work very well. Going back to basics will improve the show to no end.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 460
    Forum Member
    Nicole is VERY, VERY ambitious. I rather doubt that there is any chance that Nicole and Sharon are going to be BFF.
  • Options
    mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louis Walsh said Nicole probably on the panel .
    Interview From 6.00
    http://utv.vo.llnwd.net/o16/FM104/2013/05/15/SAC-LOUIS-WALSH-INTERVIEW-150513.mp3
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    abrightyz wrote: »
    she's busy... rehearsing for another video...;)

She may as well.

If she has lost her X Factor job, lets face it thats the end of her career. The solo careers dead on its arse and last I heard she was looking at getting into acting which i'm not terribly positive about.

That video destroyed any credibility the first year on X Factor might have gained her. Made her a chav in peoples eyes all over again.
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I will find it easier accepting Nicole as a judge this year, as she will be in for the whole series. As she missed most of last year's auditions it was hard to take her so seriously mentoring acts she had not met during their auditions.
  • Options
    LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I will find it easier accepting Nicole as a judge this year, as she will be in for the whole series. As she missed most of last year's auditions it was hard to take her so seriously mentoring acts she had not met during their auditions.

She was there for Jahmene and James' auditions.

I do know what you mean though. I was a huge fan of Nicole by the end but it took me a while to adjust to her being a judge. Her being there during the auditions just didn't feel right. ITV messed up by trying to sign up anyone but Nicole, whereas Nicole would've done it from the off. It just all came across as a bit messy.

I think it took me until the live shows before I got properly used to her.
  • Options
    abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LW09 wrote: »
    She was there for Jahmene and James' auditions.

I do know what you mean though. I was a huge fan of Nicole by the end but it took me a while to adjust to her being a judge. Her being there during the auditions just didn't feel right. ITV messed up by trying to sign up anyone but Nicole, whereas Nicole would've done it from the off. It just all came across as a bit messy.

I think it took me until the live shows before I got properly used to her.

i was so ready for nicole. :D she was there on the auditions of most of the 1D boys in 2010 and it's said she had a hand in their forming as a group. :p:D
  • Options
    user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sofan wrote: »
    Take That star Gary Barlow will return as head judge, Louis Walsh has signed to return for his tenth series and Sharon Osbourne is due to do so in days

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/x-factor-judge-nicole-scherzinger-1883924
    You can tell that Gary simply does not have the same air of natural authority about him that Simon had. When Simon was on the panel there was no talk of head judge, everyone just knew he was.
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    She was the star of last series and the only person who made it worth watching - for that she deserves to be rewarded.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would have been odd to have seen her missing from the panel when James returns to sing his new post-X Factor single and she wasn't there to complete the circle and to share in the glory.
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    She was the one thing that made me tune in every single week. :)
  • Options
    abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    can't wait for nicole back in that chair!! :D