The Casualty Thread (Spoilers) (Part 3)

Comments

• OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    Bit difficult not to think about the person you quote and reply to.

Yeah but you thought about my enjoyment.:)
    So kind.
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    Obviously! :D:D:D And less Scenes were she is getting all romantic wih guys that arnt me! :D

lol :D in your dreams! me and Lucy are going out now. :p
  • Dante AmecheDante Ameche Posts: 20,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah but you thought about my enjoyment.:)
    So kind.
    :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »
    lol :D in your dreams! me and Lucy are going out now. :p

No Chance me and Lucy/Kirsty are totally in love you try to come between us we'll need to settle it in the cage of death :D;)
    Forum Member
    What's the deal with Kirsty? Not a big fan myself... though i seem to have the episodes about her background, if someone would like to fill me in... hint hint:)
  • OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,486
    Forum Member
    I cannot stand the Kirsty character - she is totally wet and as a psychiatric nurse myself - the writers have her talking rubbish when she is in that role.

Can Adam possibly be so stupid as to get involved in another married woman's life - yes! (moron)

As for the whole Charlie thing - no way would a doctor in A&E (in whatever role) be allowed to just move a nurse from there to another department, even assuming that department had a vacancy!

OK, ok I know it's a drama but blatant impossibilities really annoy me

And breathe......................................
  • PattiPatti Posts: 3,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New Year's Day Saturday 1 January
    Time to be confirmed BBC ONE

Wendy Craig stars as a former spy, Jordan is involved in a traffic accident – with fatal consequences – and the gang make their New Year's resolutions as the medical drama continues.

It's 31 December and the gang are ringing in the New Year. All except Jordan, who is preparing for a meeting with Henry in order to further his aspirations to become the best senior surgeon that Holby City Hospital has ever had. However, when Jordan's driver doesn't show, he is forced to get behind the wheel of his car, despite being banned, and his actions have fatal consequences when he is involved in a road accident.

Ruth's New Year also begins terribly when she loses a patient at the stroke of midnight. Jay comforts her and when Mads decides her New Year's resolution is to be friends with all the staff, he pushes her towards Ruth. At first, things go really well and they bond while treating a patient. But the new friendship doesn't last long when Ruth wrongly accuses Mads of making a major mistake – much to Jay's annoyance. Is this the last time he'll make allowances for his former girlfriend?

Former spy Verity has been admitted to the ED after meeting an old flame, Alexander, and falling sick straight after he left. It turns out that they were both spies and Verity suspects that Alexander has poisoned her. But when Alexander is admitted to the ED, Ruth discovers that they are both suffering from food poisoning. Realising her mistake, Verity warns Ruth against alienating her friends.

Jordan is forced into action when the fellow victims of the road traffic accident are brought into the ED but, despite his best efforts, a young boy dies. Jordan starts to doubt himself after the investigating police officer tells him the boy's skateboard was under his car wheel. Just exactly who caused the accident and will it have any impact on Jordan's long-term career?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have always stuck up for Ruth and made allowances for her but after tonight I`ve changed my mind. I love Zoe and would back her every time against Ruth, and then Ruth calling the police about the illegal immigrant was just the pits.
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    I have always stuck up for Ruth and made allowances for her but after tonight I`ve changed my mind. I love Zoe and would back her every time against Ruth, and then Ruth calling the police about the illegal immigrant was just the pits.

I like having Ruth vs Zoe as they are both my favourite characters and actors on the show. She's the only one who has questioned Ruth's sanity so far as well, why can't anyone else see she needs help?
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    What's the deal with Kirsty? Not a big fan myself... though i seem to have the episodes about her background, if someone would like to fill me in... hint hint:)

The big deal is she is one of the hottest women alive! more Kirsty scene please :D
  • soapyjoessoapyjoes Posts: 9,790
    Forum Member
    Am I imagining it or are they hinting at a future for Lenny and Mads?:confused:
    Forum Member
    soapyjoes wrote: »

I hope not, I can't stand Mads.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone needs to buy Ruth a copy of how to win friends and influence people. She really is deluded if she thinks she can get one over on Zoe. Instead of utilising the strongest and best people in the ED, she makes them into enemies and puts the rest of the others staff noses out of joint. Who is she going to try trample on next, Henry?
    Forum Member
    I do like Ruth, but i do sometimes cringe st her scenes - she is just so socially inept. However, i disliked the gang mentality a lot of the staff seemed to have towards her and i thought the way they behaved was extrememly unprofessional considering the nature of their work. In my opinion the ED is just not a place to muck about.
    Forum Member
    xTonix wrote: »
    The big deal is she is one of the hottest women alive! more Kirsty scene please :D

lol you are as bad as the guy who goes on about Ruth all the time. At least you are positive though :p

i thought that. Don't like Mads though so hope not!
    Forum Member
    Someone needs to buy Ruth a copy of how to win friends and influence people. She really is deluded if she thinks she can get one over on Zoe. Instead of utilising the strongest and best people in the ED, she makes them into enemies and puts the rest of the others staff noses out of joint. Who is she going to try trample on next, Henry?

That would be funny to watch.
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hardly dared watch Ruth for fear of seeing her mental illness increase and take her over; I watched some of the programme and my fears proved right, that she is becoming more and more near the edge of a breakdown, and it seems, maybe, so far only Zoe can even glimpse this.

I so wanted Ruth and Jay to be together again but am wondering if his character is strong enough to be able to cope with her illness and to help her build up her life again later.

The actress that plays Ruth is very good.

Interesting, the end scene with "incompatible" for Lenny.
  • soapyjoessoapyjoes Posts: 9,790
    Forum Member
    lol you are as bad as the guy who goes on about Ruth all the time. At least you are positive though :p

i thought that. Don't like Mads though so hope not!

Thought it was just me!:D I am warming to her - thought she was another Alice to begin with but she's no pushover - loved her giving Zoe the positive stats!!:D
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do like Ruth, but i do sometimes cringe st her scenes - she is just so socially inept. However, i disliked the gang mentality a lot of the staff seemed to have towards her and i thought the way they behaved was extrememly unprofessional considering the nature of their work. In my opinion the ED is just not a place to muck about.

It'll be interesting to see how the group react to her after her breakdown.
    Forum Member
    shelleyj89 wrote: »

Apart from Abs they didn't really care after she attempted suicide, so more of the same probably.
    Forum Member
    shelleyj89 wrote: »

I can imagine her recieivng very little support - most of them will probably try stay lear/act awkard around her. At the moment i can imagine maybe Jay and Charlie trying to help her (unless Charlies department move was so the actor can take a break) and maybe even Kirsty seeing as she is a pysciatric nurse. I miss Abs.:(

Off the subject, does anyone remember when Toby was really randomly in the end of an episode last year, just after Heather died - what on earth was the point in that?:confused:
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nats18 wrote: »
    Can you really fake an ilness when your wifes a nurse

Not one with a definite diagnosis and tests etc but one such as ME with no 100% agreed definitive tests to prove or disprove it then it would be easier.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There is usually at least one person in management of some level in every work place that has no idea how do do their job. When they continually go out their way to make peoples lives difficult is it any wonder gang mentally kicks in. If I was working there, I'd be the one to push her over he edge no matter how far or close or far she was from it.

People in a position of power or authority in the work place that don't listen to those that they should, deserve a slap with the hand of comeuppance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,679
    Forum Member

That would be an even worse combination that Ruth and Jay.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is usually at least one person in management of some level in every work place that has no idea how do do their job. When they continually go out their way to make peoples lives difficult is it any wonder gang mentally kicks in. If I was working there, I'd be the one to push her over he edge no matter how far or close or far she was from it.

People in a position of power or authority in the work place that don't listen to those that they should, deserve a slap with the hand of comeuppance.

True that there's always one numpty in management, but making their lives miserable to the point of suicide is bullying no matter which way you slice it.

It happened with Ruth once before last Christmas. She tried to hang herself because of the abysmal treatment that the awful Dr Sarah Evans subjected her to. In addition to this - Ruth was also being treated like c**p by everyone else in the ED.

But to push a woman to suicide twice in as many years by treating someone like c**p (even if said person is but a mere character - and a very well played and written character) is just plain unconscionable on the part of the ED whose behavior was part of reason why Ruth tried to hang herself in the first place.

I'd better end this post because I'm rambling now. :)
This discussion has been closed.