Options

Situation regarding new house next year.

Only_YouOnly_You Posts: 5,976
Forum Member
Hi, I am In a bit of a situation at the moment where my conscience is getting the better of me. I will try and explain the story:

Me and my girlfriend are students and live together currently in a student house with our friends. In November, we found a perfect house for next year but we were one person lacking, as we had a room un-filled. We urgently wanted to secure the room, so advertised for the room on Facebook. A girl from our course said she wanted it. She is a very sweet girl but lacks confidence and is very shy.

Anyway, our group of friends have totally fell apart, we realised that are the worst people to live with in the world and there’s no way we can live with them next year. My girlfriend gets so worked up it really upsets her the way they behave.
So we have decided we are going to find somewhere else to live and leave the rest to it.

The only problem is, we feel so guilty over this girl from our course. She only really knows me and my girlfriend, and we really can’t let her live their without us. We would make sure she was Ok, make sure they do not take the piss but without us, we feel she would live a year of hell.

But on the other hand, we know my girlfriend and I, my girlfriend in particular would live a nightmare of a final year at university when we know there’s a way out now!

Thank you so much for any advice!

Comments

• Options
    bacchantic enigmabacchantic enigma Posts: 3,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you could always look for somewhere including her, and get a fourth person so she doesn't feel 'spare' so to speak when you do couply things?
  • Options
    Keefy-boyKeefy-boy Posts: 13,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This sounds like a load of nonsense. You found a house last November for next September? That's certainly forward planning. Have you signed contracts so far ahead? Doesn't sound like it as you apparently feel free to find somewhere else, so what was the urgency in finding another housemate? Just speak to the other girl and explain, why is that so hard? She's still got 6 months to find somewhere else to live if she wants to hasn't she?
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only_You wrote: »
    ............But on the other hand, we know my girlfriend and I, my girlfriend in particular would live a nightmare of a final year at university when we know there’s a way out now!..................

Sorry, but I haven't the slightest idea of what this paragraph is supposed to mean, and hence what it is you're seeking advice about.

Are you and g/f thinking of dropping out of university?
  • Options
    callmedivacallmediva Posts: 1,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What worries me is that you're a student, yet you don't know the difference between "there" and "their" or, if you do, were too blind to notice the mistake
  • Options
    Pandora 9Pandora 9 Posts: 2,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    callmediva wrote: »
    What worries me is that you're a student, yet you don't know the difference between "there" and "their" or, if you do, were too blind to notice the mistake

Don't be too harsh on her I sometimes do the same and I passed my English literature and language exams :)
  • Options
    tony13579tony13579 Posts: 1,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just tell her and be honest. you are dropping out and the others are a handfull. It is her decision to make. The whole point of living away from Mum & Dad is to learn how to deal with stuff like this.