Peter Andre (part 3)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kat_12 wrote: »
    It really, really doesn't. According to Wiki:

Andre - 1,000,000 singles & 580,000 albums TOTAL in the UK (That's in 20+ years)
    Bob the Builder - 1,000,000 copies of Can We Fix It? Plus a Gold-certified album
    Mr Blobby - The Blobby song is Platinum certified, at least 600,000 copies - more than Andre's entire album back catalogue

By contrast:

Michael Bublé - Last album sold 631, 224 copies in the UK between April & December 2013; over 30m records worldwide in the last 11 years
    Josh Groban - 2010 album sold 1m+, 25m records since 2001
    Adele - First album sold 7m worldwide, second sold 30m by July 2014

They are successful - you can't tell me Andre is anywhere near their league, even if you add in his worldwide sales. I can't find any figures for that off hand, but since he has no market in the US, and very little in Oz nowadays, I can't imagine they'll be particularly impressive.

Andre, sales wise at least, is barely even a novelty act.
    That cheered me up :D thanks for adding some interesting facts :)
    I always thought Mr. Blobby was a bit more talented :D
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Andre - 1,000,000 singles & 580,000 albums TOTAL in the UK (That's in 20+ years)
    Bob the Builder - 1,000,000 copies of Can We Fix It? Plus a Gold-certified album
    Mr Blobby - The Blobby song is Platinum certified, at least 600,000 copies - more than Andre's entire album back catalogue

By contrast:

Michael Bublé - Last album sold 631, 224 copies in the UK between April & December 2013; over 30m records worldwide in the last 11 years

They are successful - you can't tell me Andre is anywhere near their league, even if you add in his worldwide sales. I can't find any figures for that off hand, but since he has no market in the US, and very little in Oz nowadays, I can't imagine they'll be particularly impressive.

Axel F by Crazy Frog sold 2.7m singles worldwide - just saying ;-)
  • livingdeadgirllivingdeadgirl Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

By contrast:

I was about to post the same thing Kat. His record and ticket sales are a mere drop in the ocean compared to those of all these big artists he likes to compare himself to.
  • JerrybobJerrybob Posts: 1,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    real world wrote: »
    Why is he a disgusting dirty oik, whatever an oik is?

If his voice irritates you so much why do you listen to him, or watch his programmes, it's easy not too.

Apparently "oik" is internet slang for "unpleasant, unpopular person". Sounds very infantile to me. But I think all name calling is infantile, hurtful and unnecessary.

And yes, that is something that puzzles me. Why constantly read about/listen/watch TV programmes that feature someone who people obviously detest ? It makes no sense :confused:
  • HmmbopHmmbop Posts: 2,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was about to post the same thing Kat. His record and ticket sales are a mere drop in the ocean compared to those of all these big artists he likes to compare himself to.

Also, this tour coming up (all 23 dates of it) is to promote BN, isn't it?

So, 3000 copies of BN sold, and each venue he's playing holds approx that number of people, (or less), unless all the same 3000 people who bought BN are going to every single same gig, there's going to be quite of few of his fans who haven't bought BN. It might be fairly quiet when he holds the mic out for the fans to sing snippits of the songs during the show.

They'll all be holding out and waiting patiently for MG, probably.:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    Hmmbop wrote: »

So, 3000 copies of BN sold, and each venue he's playing holds approx that number of people, (or less), unless all the same 3000 people who bought BN are going to every single same gig, there's going to be quite of few of his fans who haven't bought BN. It might be fairly quiet when he holds the mic out for the fans to sing snippits of the songs during the show.

Maybe some people can't afford to buy Big Night.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrybob wrote: »
    Apparently "oik" is internet slang for "unpleasant, unpopular person". Sounds very infantile to me. But I think all name calling is infantile, hurtful and unnecessary.

And yes, that is something that puzzles me. Why constantly read about/listen/watch TV programmes that feature someone who people obviously detest ? It makes no sense :confused:
    So why would you read the posts on here then? That doesn't make any sense to me :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good grief I don't read them all! I get the basic idea from reading a few comments - he is pretty much maligned and ridiculed. I think given that this is a general Peter Andre thread it's good to see a bit of balance once in a while :)

Balance would be great, if only his supporters were able to give anything credible to the debate minus the diversionary personal remarks to posters with differing points of view.
    Apart from maybe a couple of PA fans who come on for a light hearted chat Ive yet to see anyone who can reason this creeps actions, and therein is where, imo, the frustration of his fans lie, in as always, its the messengers and not the message that gets focused on by his devout few in an attempt to avoid dealing with the real issues of this selfish idiot.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think you will find album sales and tour ticket sales are quite often disproportionate with a lot of artists. It's the tours (and importantly tour merchandise) where the real money is made. And whatever you say about Pete his tours sell well (otherwise venues would be cancelled). I don't recall any of his venues being cancelled (apart from of course when his brother passed away), but he rescheduled those dates.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cym wrote: »
    Balance would be great, if only his supporters were able to give anything credible to the debate minus the diversionary personal remarks to posters with differing points of view.
    Apart from maybe a couple of PA fans who come on for a light hearted chat Ive yet to see anyone who can reason this creeps actions, and therein is where, imo, the frustration of his fans lie, in as always, its the messengers and not the message that gets focused on by his devout few in an attempt to avoid dealing with the real issues of this selfish idiot.

"selfish idiot"? I don't think so.
    http://peterandre.com/other-charities/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you will find album sales and tour ticket sales are quite often disproportionate with a lot of artists. It's the tours (and importantly tour merchandise) where the real money is made. And whatever you say about Pete his tours sell well (otherwise venues would be cancelled). I don't recall any of his venues being cancelled (apart from of course when his brother passed away), but he rescheduled those dates.

It's great that you can find a good spin for everything TM related.

The bottom line is his music just doesn't sell. And I'd be surprised if he makes any 'real money' from this 23 date tour, that isn't as yet sold out. Any money generated from that (if at all) certainly won't keep him in Lamborghinis and Mansions.

In My Opinion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's great that you can find a good spin for everything TM related.

The bottom line is his music just doesn't sell. And I'd be surprised if he makes any 'real money' from this 23 date tour, that isn't as yet sold out. Any money generated from that (if at all) certainly won't keep him in Lamborghinis and Mansions.

In My Opinion.

His music might not sell, but his tours certainly do. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His music might not sell, but his tours certainly do. :)

Like I said - there still seems to be tickets available for pretty much all the venues and they've been on sale a fair while now.

But as you say - im sure all the remaining tickets will be purchased before the concerts start.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "selfish idiot"? I don't think so.
    http://peterandre.com/other-charities/
    The only fund raising for the NSPCC that I can find was done with his ex, I can't find anything since except a 16 second video when he says good luck to the real fund raisers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like I said - there still seems to be tickets available for pretty much all the venues and they've been on sale a fair while now.

But as you say - im sure all the remaining tickets will be purchased before the concerts start.

Looks like most venues pretty much virtually sold out apart from London, Brighton & Bournemouth, but they are not until October, so plenty of time to sell out. 8 extra dates were also added due to popular demand :)http://www.getmein.com/rock-and-pop/peter-andre-tickets.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only fund raising for the NSPCC that I can find was done with his ex, I can't find anything since except a 16 second video when he says good luck to the real fund raisers.

He ran the 2009 London Marathon for the NSPCC :)
    https://www.justgiving.com/peterandre/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He ran the 2009 London Marathon for the NSPCC :)
    https://www.justgiving.com/peterandre/
    That was with his ex, nothing since though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,933
    Forum Member

But the fund raising for this charity seems to be still ongoing and he was given an award in 2011 for raising 250,000 pounds. Not everything will be public
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was with his ex, nothing since though.

His ex ran for a different charity.

He also donated his appearance fee of £215k from I'm a Celeb to the NSPCC. http://www.nspcc.org.uk/get-involved/thank-you/our-celebrity-ambassadors/peter-andre/peter-andre_wda73229.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liz G-S wrote: »
    But the fund raising for this charity seems to be still ongoing and he was given an award in 2011 for raising 250,000 pounds. Not everything will be public
    While he was with his ex, nothing since.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His ex ran for a different charity.

He also donated his appearance fee of £215k from I'm a Celeb to the NSPCC. http://www.nspcc.org.uk/get-involved/thank-you/our-celebrity-ambassadors/peter-andre/peter-andre_wda73229.html
    In 2006.
    Forum Member
    Looks like most venues pretty much virtually sold out apart from London, Brighton & Bournemouth, but they are not until October, so plenty of time to sell out. 8 extra dates were also added due to popular demand :)http://www.getmein.com/rock-and-pop/peter-andre-tickets.html

I think the extra concerts were for the 2012 tour. However, this one seems to be virtually sold out in most of the venues and I am not sure that 135 unsold seats in the over 5000 seat capacity Royal Albert Hall can be considered poor sales. And as you say, there is still time to sell these too
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Indeed! I found this link which gives a bit more information of how Pete supports the NSPCC. http://www.nspcc.org.uk/get-involved/thank-you/our-celebrity-ambassadors/peter-andre/peter-andre_wda73229.html
    Forum Member
    While he was with his ex, nothing since.

Nothing public, but they did give him an award in 2011 with no mention of it being a joint award with Katie. He does seem to do quite a lot for charities and takes part in events on a fairly regular basis - which is a form of fund-raising and involves hours of his time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the extra concerts were for the 2012 tour. However, this one seems to be virtually sold out in most of the venues and I am not sure that 135 unsold seats in the over 5000 seat capacity Royal Albert Hall can be considered poor sales. And as you say, there is still time to sell these too

Oh yes, you're right the extra dates were for the last tour, but this latest one seems to be virtually sold out.
This discussion has been closed.