The Undateables: Series 4: C4: 9pm

Comments

• Los_TributosLos_Tributos Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rather telling that there were no updates on the second dates the two more attractive girls told the cameras they would love to have.

I wonder why that could be...
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    You dont mean.. they were playing up for the cameras? :eek:
    I can understand the thought it was set up, but at the same time, I'm thinking just because someone is disabled it doesnt mean they cant be with someone attractive? :confused: I mean thats what we'd all like right? Someone caring, nice to be around with AND attractive :)
  • Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am disappointed that they are not doing an update at the end of the programme now. After all, we want to know how things worked out. Even if they are not together now, it would be nice to know about it.
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    You dont mean.. they were playing up for the cameras? :eek:
    I can understand the thought it was set up, but at the same time, I'm thinking just because someone is disabled it doesnt mean they cant be with someone attractive? :confused: I mean thats what we'd all like right? Someone caring, nice to be around with AND attractive :)
    I agree with you, of course someone attractive can be with someone disabled (or be disabled themselves), but the likelihood of it happening IMO isn't high, so for two occasions to just happen made me suspicious. I felt the same way with the lady last week and her mountain trekking date, but brushed it aside until this week's episode.
  • John_DarylJohn_Daryl Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    myss wrote: »
    I agree with you, of course someone attractive can be with someone disabled (or be disabled themselves), but the likelihood of it happening IMO isn't high, so for two occasions to just happen made me suspicious. I felt the same way with the lady last week and her mountain trekking date, but brushed it aside until this week's episode.

As I said before, I think your suspicions are very well founded. Its a shame because just like several other programmes, the idea behind it was well intentioned at first but now its becoming less genuine and turning into a side show where certain people (and sadly not the ones whom the programme was set up to help) seem only interested in their time in the "spotlight".
    Why else were there no "follow up" details at the end of the programme confirming that the "second dates" happened with the two "normal" attractive girls? ......they never happened, that's why.
    Its not fair on the "undateables" either unless they are "in" on it and are happy with it.
    Such a shame as I always really rooted for them and hoped they would find someone suitable. Hopefully the rest of the series will become more realistic and more like the first 2 series were.
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 4,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anybody recognise the guy who was working in the cafe with Tim?

Sure I recognise his lovely smile from another programme.....?
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John_Daryl wrote: »
    Why else were there no "follow up" details at the end of the programme confirming that the "second dates" happened with the two "normal" attractive girls? ......they never happened, that's why.
    The only other reason I can think of is that CH4 is gearing up to film a series of follow-up to run some weeks after this series. Didn't they do something like that with the previous series??

I'm currently watching a programme on the TLC channel called 'Too Ugly for Love?' which, by the sounds and initial look of it is a somewhat copy of Undateables, but despite the blunt-ish sounding name, it isn't bad! These were people who have conditions (so far - that are no obvious to the eye) and are looking for love, and the programme looks at whether they would tell their date about their condition or keep it to themselves. Also it looks at the date and whether they like the person they've met and so on.

I've only watched 25mins so far and only seen two dates, but it feels more real though.
  • LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This programme makes me so happy. As a parent of a boy with autism it gives me hope.
  • Los_TributosLos_Tributos Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    myss wrote: »
    The only other reason I can think of is that CH4 is gearing up to film a series of follow-up to run some weeks after this series. Didn't they do something like that with the previous series??

The follow up episodes have always been set some time after the events of the original episodes. Due to the gap between filming and date of transmission, it wouldn't be difficult to mention in the voiceover how subsequent dates went.

I think we all know really why there was no mention of a second date in those two cases, while there was a second date with the couple that were 'better suited'.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay, Richard, 25, has Asperger's Syndrome.
  • TallywackerTallywacker Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What would he have had 25 years ago, before asparagus syndrome was invented?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chris, 23, ladies man, was normal but has been paralyzed since breaking his back.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is why motorbikes are bad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay, Christina has Down's Syndrome. I think Becky from Glee is great.

Should a normal person go out with someone with Down's syndrome?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Should a normal person go out with someone with Down's syndrome?

Don't see why not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why oh why do they set up pretty young girls with 'undateables' they have no intention of seeing ever again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why oh why do they set up pretty young girls with 'undateables' they have no intention of seeing ever again.

Yes that's what I thought.

I wonder if they will get a handsome man for Christina?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't see why not.

Have you seen this week's US episode of Glee?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh so Christina doesn't get a handsome man (compared to the girls the lads get).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you seen this week's US episode of Glee?

No I'm not a homosexual.

These 2 look like a good match.
  • Galaxy266Galaxy266 Posts: 7,049
    Forum Member
    More tea, vicar!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL Muttering to himself that she's gorgeous.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's a lovely cat Richard has.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a bit cheeky to put this fella on The Undateables. He's a regular guy in a wheelchair.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah that's a shame, Richard's date has pulled out.