Britney Spears Appreciation Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There will always be negative reviews. But as far as I know Vegas has been mostly well received. And if they want to extend it then it can't be that bad.

And as for restricting or limiting what she sees and reads. It's believable she is still under conservatorship which is basically legal speak for chains. And what with her mental health issues they seem intent on keeping her in an alternate reality which in the long run is worse.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really feel this Conservatorship should be ended by now shouldnt it? I mean it is rather insane how manipulated she is being of late...she has creative vision and direction why is she so limited?

I really hope (if Vegas is extended) she signs a new label deal really soon...while she is at Vegas that will hopefully also allow her some creative freedom too.

I mean i just feel gutted thinking about "what could have been"s really she needs a reinvention...am gutted it didnt happen last year...she has maintained the same look/style since late 2008...and i guess it is kinda "signature" for this period of time but...a shake up is needed...i do love that she shakes costumes up during her Vegas shows...varieties of wigs etc....but she does need a refreshment really it just feels sometimes there is this massive gap in the music market....when you see her contemporaries push themselves and are allowed to push themselves on their albums and then you get Britney who is always held back....it just surprises me really.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Preach JP.

I understand her health issue but they can be monitored. She needs to be given the opportunity to at least try.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    There will always be negative reviews. But as far as I know Vegas has been mostly well received. And if they want to extend it then it can't be that bad.

And as for restricting or limiting what she sees and reads. It's believable she is still under conservatorship which is basically legal speak for chains. And what with her mental health issues they seem intent on keeping her in an alternate reality which in the long run is worse.

I think the negative reviews are mainly sour grapes. I think some people say it's not cool to like Britney these days, but they're wrong. I'd rather listen to Britney than the whiny boys with guitars bands some people think are cool. I could have deleted every Britney song on my iPod and computers and pretend I was never a fan, but then how would I have dealt with the L.A. situation? :p

Conservatorship is basically the same thing as Ward of Court here in Ireland. In Ireland, a person can be made a ward of court if they are deemed incapable of managing their own finances or personal assets or are incapable of making any major decisions for themselves and any decisions they make have to go through the courts, usually the High Court. The courts become that person's legal guardian. It's often used for people who are mentally unstable and it's very controversial. There were talks about reforming the system as it's deemed unfair and a breach of human rights. IIRC people who are Wards of Court are not allowed to get married without court intervention. I had to give a presentation on the topic back in March. Sorry for the law lecture, hope nobody minds :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree in principle but in reality it's an entirely different thing. Whilst I agree the conservatorship needs loosening up we do not know the full extent of her illness. She didn't just have a breakdown she had a major one.
    Forum Member
    I agree in principle but in reality it's an entirely different thing. Whilst I agree the conservatorship needs loosening up we do not know the full extent of her illness. She didn't just have a breakdown she had a major one.

What is an entirely different thing? I do wonder if there were things about her meltdown that we were not told by the media. Could it have been worse than we thought?
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    What is an entirely different thing? I do wonder if there were things about her meltdown that we were not told by the media. Could it have been worse than we thought?

Most probably.

I can imagine that her management tried to keep it as hushed as possible. And rightly so, in my opinion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    Most probably.

I can imagine that her management tried to keep it as hushed as possible. And rightly so, in my opinion.

I think there were suicide attempts and drug addiction involved. She was going through it and the least the world could do was to let her recover. And did they did the balls.
    Forum Member
    I think there were suicide attempts and drug addiction involved. She was going through it and the least the world could do was to let her recover. And did they did the balls.

I remember reading that when she was married to K-Fed she had suicidal thoughts. Not sure about the drugs though. Then there was the British accent thing and the pink wig. Remember the pink wig? I think it made sense not to tell us all that had happened as it would have only made her worse and us fans would have been more worried :( I'm glad she pulled through it. She could have easily ended up like Amy Winehouse or Whitney Houston.
    Forum Member
    I remember reading that when she was married to K-Fed she had suicidal thoughts. Not sure about the drugs though. Then there was the British accent thing and the pink wig. Remember the pink wig? I think it made sense not to tell us all that had happened as it would have only made her worse and us fans would have been more worried :( I'm glad she pulled through it. She could have easily ended up like Amy Winehouse or Whitney Houston.

I would say that there were definitely drugs involved in this video - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rPdF5DACkvE
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    I would say that there were definitely drugs involved in this video - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rPdF5DACkvE

I've seen that video before. I think it's a clip from Britney and Kevin: Chaotic. Something doesn't seem right with it. She does seem a bit out of it there :(
    Forum Member
    I've seen that video before. I think it's a clip from Britney and Kevin: Chaotic. Something doesn't seem right with it. She does seem a bit out of it there :(

If they filmed if for Chaotic I can understand why it wasn't actually included in the show. I've only seen it once and it was uncomfortable viewing. I'm not sure if this was with Kevin though, I think that it was another guy filming her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't remember the disorder but it's brought on by heavy drug use and that is what many assume she has so it isn't so inconceivable.

And yes she was so close to joing the 27 club I don't think many realise it.
    Forum Member
    I can't remember the disorder but it's brought on by heavy drug use and that is what many assume she has so it isn't so inconceivable.

And yes she was so close to joing the 27 club I don't think many realise it.

Was it bipolar or some personality disorder? I don't really know. It would have been awful if she had joined the 27 club :cry: Just think of the great music we would never have got. Some people believe that she's a victim of the Illuminati and is programmed and a slave, but I'm not sure I believe that. I think it's just a conspiracy theory written by people who have nothing better to do.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's got nothing to do with that I don't think.
    IMO, she got too much success ad fame too young, since she was roughly 12 years old she was in the spotlight, wherever she went, people followed her, she couldn't go out without 30 people with camera's trailing her, they constantly documented her high's and low's, her relationships, her family, her everything! She wanted mroe control over her career and her label weren't keen on that so gave her little bits to keep her going, but in the end she got overwhelmed by it all, she couldn't handle it anymore, the being lonely, not knowing who to trust, so she (maybe) turned to drugs, alcohol etc to escape, which in turn could have caused her brekdown and given her several possible disorders, depression, bipolar, multiple personality etc, her family saved her and got her under the conservatorship.
    Forum Member
    I was thinking that earlier as well. I think she's a classic case of child star gone off the rails. She wouldn't the first child star who ended up having a meltdown. The kid who played Kevin in Home Alone went off the rails and I'm sure there are plenty of other cases. I think she never really got the chance to live a normal life or to know what a normal life is like. She was in the Mickey Mouse Club and everything. Then she was only 16/17 when she hit the big time with BOMT. I read before that she has often been overwhelmed by how many people are fans of hers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's fairly obvious a case of too much too young coupled with mental health and substance abuse. See Lilo, Jackson, Amanda Bynes the list is endless.

As Madonna said when we at 17 were rebelling pushing the boundaries testing the waters she was in the glare of the world with restrictions aplenty.
    Forum Member
    AdzPower wrote: »
    It's got nothing to do with that I don't think.
    IMO, she got too much success ad fame too young, since she was roughly 12 years old she was in the spotlight, wherever she went, people followed her, she couldn't go out without 30 people with camera's trailing her, they constantly documented her high's and low's, her relationships, her family, her everything! She wanted mroe control over her career and her label weren't keen on that so gave her little bits to keep her going, but in the end she got overwhelmed by it all, she couldn't handle it anymore, the being lonely, not knowing who to trust, so she (maybe) turned to drugs, alcohol etc to escape, which in turn could have caused her brekdown and given her several possible disorders, depression, bipolar, multiple personality etc, her family saved her and got her under the conservatorship.

Yup. That seems to be the case, sadly.
    Forum Member
    I think it's fairly obvious a case of too much too young coupled with mental health and substance abuse. See Lilo, Jackson, Amanda Bynes the list is endless.

As Madonna said when we at 17 were rebelling pushing the boundaries testing the waters she was in the glare of the world with restrictions aplenty.

That's what I think. I wonder if she hadn't been in the Mickey Mouse Club would it have changed things a bit as she would have been able to have a more normal childhood then? I was still at school at 17 and starting to think about college.
    Forum Member
    Been having a Britney day today :D I was playing Britney songs in the car this afternoon. It was great to drive around with the windows open and the music playing! Might listen to FF later as it's a great summer album :cool:
    Forum Member
    I ordered myself another bottle of Cosmic Radiance the other day. Looking forward to it arriving.

It's one of my favourite perfumes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    been in a Blackout mood today! aggressive synthy rhythms, confrontational lyrics, snap at it! \o/\o/\o/
    Forum Member
    been in a Blackout mood today! aggressive synthy rhythms, confrontational lyrics, snap at it! \o/\o/\o/

Epic :D I played a few songs from that album yesterday. In fact it was one of those days where I listened to nothing but Britney all day :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking of Blackout I do so very much wish "Outta This World" "Everybody" and "get back" made the official album cut and not just Japan! Thos songs are just as perfect as the other 12 songs on the album :-).
    Forum Member
    Get Back and Everybody are bonus tracks on iTunes here in Ireland. I downloaded them back in 2008 :cool: Outta This World is Japan only but I managed to download it ;-)