Your Favourite Songs?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 759
Forum Member
✭✭
What were your favourite songs from this year's Eurovision?

My top five:

1) Moldova - really original, catchy, and totally different from the other entries

2) Romania - catchy, nice Spanish lyrics, v. danceable

3) Malta - would have made a nice final song ('This is Malta's night) - sadly it was not to be

4) Iceland - I'm always a big fan of their of their entries, and this year was no exception - what a great chorus!

5) Serbia - my favourite of the high placers. I always have a soft spot for the non-English language songs

Comments

• JeliteJelite Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sweden
    Spain
    Cyprus
    Italy
    Denmark
  • starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked Malta more in the semi for some reason.

Anyway in no particular order
    Spain, Estonia, Lithuania, Cyprus, Bosnia
  • Irishguy123Irishguy123 Posts: 14,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sweden
    Serbia
    Romania
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    Iceland, Greece and Russia were my top three this year, really loved them.
  • Super Roux!Super Roux! Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Albania: I wasn't sure what to think of the song when I first heard it in the Semi's, but strangely enough, I enjoyed it.

Italy: I actually thought Italy would win, despite Sweden being favourite to win. The song seemed catchy, instant and different (as in, it wasn't pop/electro like most of the other songs), so I was surprised to not do as well.
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1) Ukraine - Be My Guest
    2) Turkey - Love Me Back
    3) Sweden - Euphoria
    4) France - Echo (You and I)
    5) Albania - Suus
  • starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Italy: I actually thought Italy would win, despite Sweden being favourite to win. The song seemed catchy, instant and different (as in, it wasn't pop/electro like most of the other songs), so I was surprised to not do as well.

Really? The Swedish one has been hyped up for months. It was that or Russia, quite predictable really.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,568
    Forum Member
    1. UK
    2. Russia
  • mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Italy was my favourite. I also liked Spain (excellent performance), Denmark, Iceland and (:o) Ukraine.
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    The standout songs for me were Sweden, Albania, Spain and Denmark.
  • SherbetLemonSherbetLemon Posts: 4,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spain, Estonia & Denmark - in that order.

Was surprised Denmark did so badly. Also expected Spain to be in the top 3, instead of finishing 10th. Would be a shame if some voters were taking the "don't vote for us, we can't afford it" comment to heart.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Sweden, Serbia, Ireland and Russia
  • Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although I can't remember much today as I'd drunk rather a lot :o the highest-scoring for me were:

Greece - Aphrodisiac (9/10)
    {Italy - whatever it was (8.5/10)
    {Moldova - again, can't remember the title (8.5/10)
    Ireland - Jedward (8/10)
    {Denmark - Should've Known Better (7.5/10)
    {Spain - Stay With Me (7.5/10)
    {FYR Macedonia - have scrawled it down but can't read it :o (7.5/10)
    {Ukraine - Be My Guest (7.5/10)
    France - Echo (?) (7/10)

Quite a few more got 5's to 6.5's. I generally like the more catchy, upbeat 'fluff' songs; I can admire the 'professionally done' songs which could serve as decent standalone chart music, but they don't always accord with my tastes. I did think the Italian Amy Winehouse lady's entry was of genuinely outstanding quality last night :)

My poorest were Hungary - Sound Of Our Hearts (2/10), Estonia - something or other (1.5/10), and both Albania (onion head woman) and Serbia (dirge) scored big fat nul points. I gave old Dinck 4.5/10 :D
  • Elphie_LivesElphie_Lives Posts: 4,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sweden, Italy, Germany, Denmark and just because it made me dance, Russia.
  • mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Although I can't remember much today as I'd drunk rather a lot :o the highest-scoring for me were:

Greece - Aphrodisiac (9/10)
    {Italy - whatever it was (8.5/10)
    {Moldova - again, can't remember the title (8.5/10)
    Ireland - Jedward (8/10)
    {Denmark - Should've Known Better (7.5/10)
    {Spain - Stay With Me (7.5/10)
    {FYR Macedonia - have scrawled it down but can't read it :o (7.5/10)
    {Ukraine - Be My Guest (7.5/10)
    France - Echo (?) (7/10)

Quite a few more got 5's to 6.5's. I generally like the more catchy, upbeat 'fluff' songs; I can admire the 'professionally done' songs which could serve as decent standalone chart music, but they don't always accord with my tastes. I did think the Italian Amy Winehouse lady's entry was of genuinely outstanding quality last night :)

My poorest were Hungary - Sound Of Our Hearts (2/10), Estonia - something or other (1.5/10), and both Albania (onion head woman) and Serbia (dirge) scored big fat nul points. I gave old Dinck 4.5/10 :D

GR I totally agree - my absolute stand-out favourite. Even better when sung all in Italian. She has an album out but at the moment it's an absolute fortune on Amazon. We are having a week in Italy during the summer and I fully intend to buy Nina's album when I am over there.