Options

Madonna is looking her age ! Time to retire love ?

Comments

• Options
    poppy10poppy10 Posts: 1,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jules1000 wrote: »
    Madonna was fantastic... Personally I think it a shame she is continuing as she is now...it's like all her past work will be forgotten...Like the old saying die young stay pretty....She is is danger of losing her iconic status...Should have hung them up around 10 years ago.

I agree with this. She is constantly reinventing herself, and its all getting a bit boring now.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She can be as old as she wants to be. Who is anyone to tell her that she should retire?
    If she enjoys what she'd doing and still pleases some people then I don't see how it's any business of somebody else to say what she should or shouldn't do.

This!

Although here's hoping she'll make another album which is consistently good from start to finish, like Ray of Light, or Confessions on a Dancefloor
  • Options
    OnDatKryptoniteOnDatKryptonite Posts: 1,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She reminds me of a racing greyhound or horse, all tendons, muscle and sinew and no soft features whatsoever.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cloudy wrote: »
    I will try again with some questions, you did ignore my last questions but here goes.

Did you see the MDNA your?

How many times have you seen Madonna live?

She should settle down with a nice man her own age. Who condescending is that? Get a grip.

No I haven't seen the tours. Why should I get a grip ? Madonna is an embarrassment to herself. Her toyboys are getting younger as she is getting older ! what is she trying to prove ????
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your link isn't working so I've put this:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/4511171/Madonnas-son-is-a-Rocco-n-roll-star.html

I liked her too about 25 years ago before the 'Sex' book. She's looking old and getting desperate with all the boob-flashing, and the pic of her in the corset makes her look as if she's serving them up on a platter. :p

She is slim, fit, well groomed and I am sure still puts on a good show. And it is very, very rare for me to criticise a woman's body on here. But her breasts look ghastly in that picture. How can anyone possibly think it is a good look to have them hoiked up to her neck, all quivering and bare like that? I wouldn't suggest that she retires, just that she drops her breasts by three inches and covers them up a bit so they look human and not like something from Viz.
  • Options
    user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NotaTypo wrote: »
    Why is it the women performers that are expected to retire? Nobody calls on the Stones, Clapton, McCartney, Springsteen, Duran Duran who are all 50+ (in some cases 60 and 70+!) to get out of the game.
    If they were flashing their meat and two veg they would be :D

Plenty of women have long careers. Shirley Bassey and Annie Lennox are still going strong but they tend to be the type of artists who get on with things quietly in the background and haven't relied on shock tactics throughout their careers.

Madonna is still going strong but I can see why her image isn't sustainable as she grows older. No one wants to see 70 year old giblets hanging out! :eek:
  • Options
    Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is slim, fit, well groomed and I am sure still puts on a good show. And it is very, very rare for me to criticise a woman's body on here. But her breasts look ghastly in that picture. How can anyone possibly think it is a good look to have them hoiked up to her neck, all quivering and bare like that? I wouldn't suggest that she retires, just that she drops her breasts by three inches and covers them up a bit so they look human and not like something from Viz.

Yes, she's fit, well groomed and has a figure most of us would envy (I know I do ;)), but her arms are over exercised and sinewy and look a bit like the texture of a chicken's neck.

However, as long as the public will pay to see her, I don't see why she should retire. After all, the Stones still pull 'em in and they have a combined age of almost 300!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, she's fit, well groomed and has a figure most of us would envy (I know I do ;)), but her arms are over exercised and sinewy and look a bit like the texture of a chicken's neck.

However, as long as the public will pay to see her, I don't see why she should retire. After all, the Stones still pull 'em in and they have a combined age of almost 300!

I would rather have her sinewy arms than my bingo wings:cry:
  • Options
    Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

At least you can do something about bingo wings if you exercise.

Trouble is, if you overdo it they might end up looking like Madonna's. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least you can do something about bingo wings if you exercise.

Trouble is, if you overdo it they might end up looking like Madonna's. ;)

I am trying! to no avail.... maybe when i get to 53 I will have succeeded, at this rate of weight loss, it will not be far off 20 years!
  • Options
    delazarousdelazarous Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why the hell should she? Rolling Stones, Macca, Rod Stewart - none of these look as they did when young. Unless, of course, it's because she's not male?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    delazarous wrote: »
    Why the hell should she? Rolling Stones, Macca, Rod Stewart - none of these look as they did when young. Unless, of course, it's because she's not male?

If Mick Jagger did a concert, half naked, popping his nipples out I would say the same .... Time to retire ! ;)
  • Options
    Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She shouldn't retire...but I think she needs to evolve as an artist. For the queen of reinvention...she's looking and sounding pretty stale and outdated.
  • Options
    Jen-BJen-B Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    poppy10 wrote: »
    If Mick Jagger did a concert, half naked, popping his nipples out I would say the same .... Time to retire ! ;)

...and yet nobody is calling for Iggy Pop to retire. I see no threads calling for his retirement, or for him to get off their TV screens, yet he goes around topless - and he's 65! There are many older male stars that go around topless and still doing "crazy stuff", and no-one feels the need to start threads about it.

So, her toyboys are getting younger - I don't see a thread moaning about Bernie Ecclestone (who's recently married someone 46 years younger than himself), or Patrick Stewart, or so many other men in their 70s (and older) who have younger women. As long as they're happy...who the f**k cares?

I wonder why. Are we so disgusted by the sight of an older woman? It's quite sad really!

I'm not a fan of Madonna, but, keep going, love!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why should someone retire just coz of their looks?
    I'm not a massive fan but others are let them Enjoy it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looks good for 54!! At the end of the day she's doing with age what she has done with sex in previous years; pushing the boundaries. Why should she retire or stop being sexy at her age? It all boils down to the fact that our society is still very image obsessed, more so when it comes to women.

And of course, women just seem to hate other women.
  • Options
    OnDatKryptoniteOnDatKryptonite Posts: 1,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it's any consolation I'd rather enjoy the company of a woman with some softness and curves to her rather than someone that looks like a walking anatomy chart. Having a firm and toned physique is one thing, being so taut I can see your circulatory system is not particularly sexy.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your link isn't working so I've put this:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/4511171/Madonnas-son-is-a-Rocco-n-roll-star.html

I liked her too about 25 years ago before the 'Sex' book. She's looking old and getting desperate with all the boob-flashing, and the pic of her in the corset makes her look as if she's serving them up on a platter. :p

Their link's not working because there's two http's at the start of the link. As for Madonna, she's starting to look aged now. All that touring will add the years on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is remarkable the energy she has for a woman in her fifties and the moves she pulls on stage. I have nothing but admiration for her. Some of the things she does are not to my taste (nipple flashing etc) but not because of her age, i would not like to watch anyone, any age pull those stunts.
  • Options
    CasualCasual Posts: 2,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She needn't retire but she's looking increasingly ridiculous as time goes on
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/music/madonna-in-mdna-tour-is-she-still-in-vogue-1.3935054

"Her career is over, I can tell you that," Elton John said of her in a recent Australian interview. "Her tour has been a disaster. . . . If Madonna had any common sense, she would have made a record like 'Ray of Light,' stayed away from the dance stuff and just been a great pop singer and made great pop records, which she does brilliantly. But no . . . she looks like a ---- fairground stripper."

Eltons got it right ! She is like a fairground stripper now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/music/madonna-in-mdna-tour-is-she-still-in-vogue-1.3935054

"Her career is over, I can tell you that," Elton John said of her in a recent Australian interview. "Her tour has been a disaster. . . . If Madonna had any common sense, she would have made a record like 'Ray of Light,' stayed away from the dance stuff and just been a great pop singer and made great pop records, which she does brilliantly. But no . . . she looks like a ---- fairground stripper."

Ahh yes Elton John, the guy that is known for childlike tantrums and getting his arse out on yachts to the paps.

Great chap to take advice from.
  • Options
    CasualCasual Posts: 2,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hahaha :D That bitchy old queen. Still, he does have a point.

By the way, you've messed up the link like you did in your OP
  • Options
    Mrs MackintoshMrs Mackintosh Posts: 1,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She doesn't "look good for 54". She doesn't look good for any age. I thought she looked really pretty up until the Ray of Light era and from then downhill. She can carry on making albums and touring as long as people are paying to see her, but if she still wants her "look" to be a major part of her persona and live stage show she needs to address the fact that she's not pleasant to look AT.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She doesn't "look good for 54". She doesn't look good for any age. I thought she looked really pretty up until the Ray of Light era and from then downhill. She can carry on making albums and touring as long as people are paying to see her, but if she still wants her "look" to be a major part of her persona and live stage show she needs to address the fact that she's not pleasant to look AT.

My dad has said he would :eek::D