Why did Matt's Dr send David to Trenzalore at the end?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
Forum Member
Does this mean that David could also be in the Christmas special? I wonder why he was told to go to Trenzalore and not just return to his own time stream...;)

Comments

• saralundsaralund Posts: 3,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think he was sent to Trenzalore. Just that the Doctors ended up there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    He wasn't, he was just told that eventually he would end up there and fight in a great battle (but he'll be doing it as Matt), after going back to his timestream he would forget it all anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Edited.

What they said.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    oh ok i thought i heard matt specifically tell david to go to trenzalore and david said he didn't want to go but i suppose i took it too literally, but i still wouldn't be surprised if SM springs some wild surprise on us, maybe something to do with Billie Piper as iv'e heard some rly crazy rumours about her in the xmas special :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh ok i thought i heard matt specifically tell david to go to trenzalore and david said he didn't want to go but i suppose i took it too literally, but i still wouldn't be surprised if SM springs some wild surprise on us, maybe something to do with Billie Piper as iv'e heard some rly crazy rumours about her in the xmas special :)

Back when Tennant, Smith and Hurt were having the conversation about how many children died on Galifrey when they thought they were locked up, Tennant wondered what exactly it was that made Smith forget how many children died in the Time War.

Tennant: For once I'd really like to know where I'm going.
    Smith: Believe me you wouldn't.

Their conversation at the end is going back to this moment and as Tennant won't be able to remember the events he demands to know where exactly it is that he is going. But he isn't asking about Tennant, but about the Doctor.

Smith's answer Trenzalore says that there's were the Doctor's heading and I think from Name of the Doctor we already know that it's Smith who is going there.

You can't forget that Tennant and Smith are the same man here despite all the differences. When Tennant asks where he is going, he means the Doctor, not just the Tenth Doctor.