Options

Alan Carr Saturday Radio 2

Comments

• Options
    atkinsatkins Posts: 1,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well the only way for R2 now is up. It is hard to imagine it going any lower than this inane drivel.
  • Options
    Mr RigsbyMr Rigsby Posts: 2,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    atkins wrote: »
    Well the only way for R2 now is up. It is hard to imagine it going any lower than this inane drivel.

Don't listen to it then. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Computer wrote: »
    I thought Alan Carr was brilliant last night, Forbes was ok, would have prefered Sally Lindsey though. My one big irritation was the music, it was like a wedding disco!!

Ill still listen next week though :P

LOL! :D:D
  • Options
    BeancounterBeancounter Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr Rigsby wrote: »

Same could be said for shows by Kennedy, Paige, Titchmarch, all Friday and Sunday night output and Sunday Love Songs which you seem to hate.:rolleyes:

Did I miss any out?:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    atkins wrote: »

Indeed. It makes Tinpot FM sound like Sony Award material doesn't it?:mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same could be said for shows by Kennedy, Paige, Titchmarch, all Friday and Sunday night output and Sunday Love Songs which you seem to hate.:rolleyes:

Did I miss any out?:D

Difference is I don't listen to Radio 2 presenters I dislike. Go figure. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Difference is I don't listen to Radio 2 presenters I dislike. Go figure. :rolleyes:

No, but you come on here and bitch about them ad nauseum. At least the poster you replied to has the sense to find something else to listen to and he/she also realises that Radio 2 isn't just his own little personal jukebox. Go figure :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: since you seem to like using those.:)
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If you don't listen, then how on earth can you make a judgment? It be like me shopping in Asda and not Sainsburys, but comparing the food to Sainsburys when I don't even shop there.
  • Options
    atkinsatkins Posts: 1,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't.
  • Options
    Eye SeaEye Sea Posts: 4,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When listening to the repeat on iplayer, you're 'forced' to look at a not very flattering pic of Alan's toothy grin. :D
  • Options
    max_dbmax_db Posts: 3,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pgfmedia wrote: »
    posted by mcqueen machine:

It really isn't.

How can you sit there and say it isn't? Did he learn how to speak so camp when he learned his first words doing his A-B-C?? Anybody under the illusion that a camp voice is a natural accent needs to seek help. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did listen to Carr's show on Saturday & was pleasently suprised. He's not too bad
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    pgfmedia wrote: »
    posted by mcqueen machine:

It really isn't.

Well, all I can go off is the time that I met him in a work enviroment with none of his lovely audience in attendance and he spoke in tones not dissimilar to those of a R5 sports reporter summarising a mid-week Laegue Two class between Bury and Accrington Stanley.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did listen to Carr's show on Saturday & was pleasently suprised. He's not too bad

Very entertaining. I'm going to tune in again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    Last time he was on he never shut up. He just likes the sound of his own voice. I timed him 10 mins of dribble with no music. I won't be listening. Ross & Carr make anything after 10am on Saturdays no go on R2.:(

Is it just me or is this station starting to go down the pan?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fenman1 wrote: »

In what respect? On the contrary, I think the recent weekend changes are the best in a long time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, but you come on here and bitch about them ad nauseum.

I am entitled to my opinions.
    At least the poster you replied to has the sense to find something else to listen to and he/she also realises that Radio 2 isn't just his own little personal jukebox.

The same poster who wants Radio 2 to haul itself back to 1976. :rolleyes:
    Go figure :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: since you seem to like using those.:)

I am so pleased you have acquainted yourself with the smilies.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People never like change. I suppose the listener will get used to Alan Carr?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    People never like change. I suppose the listener will get used to Alan Carr?

Some people think Alan Carr swears on the radio. He didn't on Saturday. His programme is a pre-Saturday night pub/club/night in show.
  • Options
    max_dbmax_db Posts: 3,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

...up the pan for me!!
  • Options
    Anoraks UnitedAnoraks United Posts: 906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In what respect? On the contrary, I think the recent weekend changes are the best in a long time.

If you say I'm so impressed with the changes that I've stopped listening after 10am Saturdays .

Apart from JW's Sounds of the 70's Sundays isn't a lot to shout about either.
  • Options
    Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Weekday R2 is still fine in my personal opinion, except for the cover for Ken and Steve.

Weekends are hit and miss now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The music is good a lot of 80s tracks.
  • Options
    Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    The music is good a lot of 80s tracks.

Is there more music this week, or are the links still too long?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All the questions for the quiz are read by Emma. I'm a little bit optimistic whether the title " Going Out With Alan Carr should be scrapped, as Emma does seem to have a big part?

Maybe the show should be renamed Alan Car & Emma Forbes Saturday Night Takeaway or something else?