Mystery woman

Bald1Bald1 Posts: 405
Forum Member
I apologise if this has already been answered but did they ever reveal who the mystery woman was in David Tennants last episode? She was with the other Timelords.

Comments

• TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think we got an explicit answer — it's left for us to come to our own conclusions.I think the most common suggestions here have been that she's a family member or someone else we've met before, whether the Doctor's mother or a regenerated Susan, or Leela, Romana, Ace or any of the others that ended up on Gallifrey.
  • sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    According to RTD's book, The Writer's Tale, the idea was for it to be the Doctor's mother. But as it was never explained on screen who it was, then it is entirely open to conjecture.

Unless a future writer decides to explore who she is. But that's doubtful...
  • nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    I remember listening to RTD talking about that episode on radio Seven (Four Extra these days). He said "of course it's his mother!". but he was quick to add that he deliberately didn't say so in the script so that people could make up their own minds. To him it's his mother, but he's happy for viewers to think what they like. I like to think of her as "random do gooder".