Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 7)

Comments

• Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another weekly magazine to build a ship, The Sovereign of the Seas, £5.99 for 135 weeks cost £800. Does anyone ever complete these models.?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    Another weekly magazine to build a ship, The Sovereign of the Seas, £5.99 for 135 weeks cost £800. Does anyone ever complete these models.?

I expect it will go out of print after the first couple weeks
  • Options
    Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    The first one with Sue Barker (?) and the huge Wil E. Coyote
    style bazooka was amusingly cartoonish, but the new one
    with Gio being hit in the stomach and moaning in
    pain (while the two people look on uncomfortably) is
    just unpleasant

I agree. Don't like it at all or the message it sends out. If someone annoys you, it's OK to harm them. Some people are really thick and will take on and act on that message, unbelievable though it sounds.
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Albelli - Just like Trivago, this bloody advert now appears EVERY ad break! :mad: Not only do I hate the kid in the ad but the prices are OUTRAGEOUS! Prices start from £24.95 for large photo books and then there's the P&P which ranges from £2.99 to £7.99. TOTAL RIP OFF!! I think it's cheaper to make your own photo books without all this computerised crap! :rolleyes:

Go Compare - OK, you got the message that we hate Gio but everytime I see Stuart Pearce on my screen, I feel like dropkicking the TV! :mad:
  • Options
    steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Albelli - Just like Trivago, this bloody advert now appears EVERY ad break! :mad: Not only do I hate the kid in the ad but the prices are OUTRAGEOUS! Prices start from £24.95 for large photo books and then there's the P&P which ranges from £2.99 to £7.99. TOTAL RIP OFF!! I think it's cheaper to make your own photo books without all this computerised crap! :rolleyes:

Go Compare - OK, you got the message that we hate Gio but everytime I see Stuart Pearce on my screen, I feel like dropkicking the TV! :mad:

Why cant they just get the message we dont want to ever see him on tv again.
  • Options
    Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new Daz advert. I do NOT want to see Barry from EastEnders in a pair of speedos!:eek::eek::eek:
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A perfect ending for Gio Compare would be to have him performing on stage, only to have Andrew Lloyd Webber pull a comically-sized lever, sending Gio through a trapdoor never to be seen again (or more realistically, for a few years should Go Compare still exist and wish to indulge in a bit of nostalgia).
  • Options
    Wynne EvansWynne Evans Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cue public schoolboy jokes... :D

The first one with Sue Barker (?) and the huge Wil E. Coyote
    style bazooka was amusingly cartoonish, but the new one
    with Gio being hit in the stomach and moaning in
    pain (while the two people look on uncomfortably) is
    just unpleasant.

I vote we kick balls at that creep so called ex footy player.

Right i'm heartily hacked off by the coke advert with the tune death bint singing anywheeeeere in the wuuuuuurrrrrld.

The CH4 paralympics adverts are irritating, seriously why would i ever feel the desire to watch another bunch of tryhards.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yoshi Fan wrote: »
    The new Daz advert. I do NOT want to see Barry from EastEnders in a pair of speedos!:eek::eek::eek:

Yeah. Who is that other guy in the ad? Looks a bit like Daley Thomson to me.
  • Options
    hammerfanhammerfan Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. Don't like it at all or the message it sends out. If someone annoys you, it's OK to harm them. Some people are really thick and will take on and act on that message, unbelievable though it sounds.

I'm surprised there hasn't been outrage (mock or otherwise) about this, after all, the tango ads were changed and I'm sure that didn't hurt the advertising revenue as everyone was talking about it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    The new Guinnes ad - where they are throwing black paint over everything.it reminds me of spilled Guinness over a bar with the drunk going "Sorry sorry " Very unpleasant.
  • Options
    chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The blood on the dental floss one-gross ditto the overweight 'opera singer'.
  • Options
    User68571User68571 Posts: 3,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new 'Underdog' compensation claim one......'injured' character dancing around their front room to Chumbawumba's "I got knocked down"....

The ad itself is fine, it's the message it's conveying that really irks me......basically try and chance your way to a small fortune. I'd love it if whilst dancing the 'injured' character falls over and snaps its spine :)
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know if anybody has mentioned this yet, but I see Haribo have continued their tradition of creating eye-gougingly bad adverts.

This one shows what appears to be an 8 year old boy and a 14 year old girl shooting each other flirtacious (in the loosest sense) looks, she proceeds to eat a Haribo, pulls funny faces, and then he claims, "She's Fangtastic!" before doing the same thing.

Haribo need to fire their advertising team. Or execute them, either of them would be suitable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hammerfan wrote: »
    I'm surprised there hasn't been outrage (mock or otherwise) about this, after all, the tango ads were changed and I'm sure that didn't hurt the advertising revenue as everyone was talking about it.

I loved the Tango ads. All that backlash just because kids were supposedly copying it.

No what really happenned was a couple of kids did it, complained to mummy and daddy and they complained.
  • Options
    iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The 2 echo falls adverts that sponsor come dine with me - cant understand what shes singing in either.

And theres one of those annoying PPI firms that keeps saying have you got time to claim £7000 as if someone would say no.
  • Options
    NormandyMaryNormandyMary Posts: 865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Arm and Hammer toothpaste with baking soda. Who is that girl who cant say rough properly. I know the face, just cant remember her name. Terrible advert. Weally wuff!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Arm and Hammer toothpaste with baking soda. Who is that girl who cant say rough properly. I know the face, just cant remember her name. Terrible advert. Weally wuff!!

She was a presenter of Blue Peter many years ago, Katie something or other
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tresemme - "Enriched with Keratin." WHO THE F*** CARES?!! :mad:
  • Options
    PeaJayMPeaJayM Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    The Army recruitment is back, in GCSE results week, what a surprise.

Firstly, I personally don't care for the opportunist approach to encourage young, politically naive people to join the military without any understanding of the issues which will lead them to action, namely - actions falsely described as keeping Britain safe when really, they are there to serve the will of politicians. Many of whom they would not agree with.

Of all the irritating and offensive advertising around these days, this is in a different legaue. I find it utterly repulsive.
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Excellent point. :) We're not keeping Britain safe as the UK is not in a war and hasnt been attacked.

Sorry, but that is a very unexcellent point! Whatever both the posters personal feelings about any particular conflict or government, it is crass and frankly insulting to imagine that these "young people" are "naive" and by implication "stupid" to enter into any of the Armed Forces. I expect you were "disgusted" at seeing all those uniforms at the Olympics then. It is an insult to those that do, and those that support them.

Before you jump to any conclusion, no, I have no family in the services, no, I have never "lost" anyone due to a "pointless" war. However, I have admiration for those that do. I frankly care little about what you think of this comment, but please pick the bones out as you see fit.
  • Options
    K2kK2k Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    I really want to punch those overly styled 12 year old boys in the Simpsons bumpers
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yoshi Fan wrote: »

I feel quite nauseous when I see that advert as well
  • Options
    citizenx103citizenx103 Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PeaJayM wrote: »
    Sorry, but that is a very unexcellent point! Whatever both the posters personal feelings about any particular conflict or government, it is crass and frankly insulting to imagine that these "young people" are "naive" and by implication "stupid" to enter into any of the Armed Forces. I expect you were "disgusted" at seeing all those uniforms at the Olympics then. It is an insult to those that do, and those that support them.

Before you jump to any conclusion, no, I have no family in the services, no, I have never "lost" anyone due to a "pointless" war. However, I have admiration for those that do. I frankly care little about what you think of this comment, but please pick the bones out as you see fit.

The military make it their business to recruit heavily in deprived areas, it is not because they feel they will find excellent recruits, it is because they need mindless canon fodder, end of story.

Whether you accept that or not is your business. I'm not here to convince you.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kia Cee'd Daft name for car and those lyrics must have taken some thinking about!
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The advert with Professor Green!:sleep::yawn:
This discussion has been closed.