Options

Just noticed Hollyoaks latest characters..

::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
Forum Member
Are called, Peri, Tegan and Leela.. I know this is pointless but it makes me more excited for the 50th.. and was wondering what everyones thoughts of the 3 companions where?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, bless 'em. Let us know if they introduce Daleks and Cybermen at some point, I might watch it if they did that.
  • Options
    monkeyscratchmonkeyscratch Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Leela 1st, teegan 2nd, wasn't keen on peri but then I didn't like cb's doctor (soz col) so I prob didn't give either a chance at the time tbf
  • Options
    IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they could do a crossover with Dr Who and Hollyoaks
  • Options
    bazpabazpa Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    Don't forget their half brother is Ste - Steven
  • Options
    Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    IWasBored wrote: »

DELETE>>>DELETE>>>>
  • Options
    TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It was a triumph when they did EastEnders!

Is there a plot reason for the names? Parents that are Who fans, maybe?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TEDR wrote: »
    It was a triumph when they did EastEnders!

Is there a plot reason for the names? Parents that are Who fans, maybe?

Completely agree. Your view on Dimensions in Time entirely depends on your perspective.

As an episode of Doctor Who, it was dreadful. But for Eastenders, it was undoubtably the best the show has ever been. What soap opera wouldn't benefit from a few invading aliens?
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Might just be an in-joke by the writer of the episodes who is probably a Doctor Who fan

TV writers are always doing that sort of thing. I heard once that the writer of an episode of Casualty gave characters the names of players from his favourity football team
  • Options
    IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe I could write my own fanfiction involving Dr Who and Hollyoaks crossover. Am I allowed to do that?
  • Options
    adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Might just be an in-joke by the writer of the episodes who is probably a Doctor Who fan

TV writers are always doing that sort of thing. I heard once that the writer of an episode of Casualty gave characters the names of players from his favourity football team

One of my favourite incidents of a writer getting a Who reference into another show happened when Gareth Roberts worked on Coronation Street. Mavis was planning to move to Cartmel, in Cumbria. And her lengthy plans to relocate were referred to as the Cartmel Masterplan. Well it made me laugh...

And it's not just the writers who do this.
    A good mate of mine worked as the art director for some years on Casualty and later EastEnders. One of his design responsibilities was making sure the sets were 'dressed' properly.
    So, quite frequently, the names of his friends would appear on the scoreboard next to the dartboard in the Queen Vic, or on the lists of patients on the charts in Holby reception. These names would mostly be indistinct, but I did occasionally see a close up of my name!
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Further to this, Tegan's daughter is called Rose and John Paul attended the Halloween party in tonight's First Look as The Eleventh Doctor, and quoted him: "bowties are cool".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe I could write my own fanfiction involving Dr Who and Hollyoaks crossover. Am I allowed to do that?

Yes, but only if you include Rob Hawthorne and Bazz FM. You were asking for permission from the forum members, right?
  • Options
    James_VickJames_Vick Posts: 632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Only if Brendan's in it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's funny all Danny's kids and one of his grand kids are named after Who companions - Leela, Tegan, Peri, Ste (Steven) and Rose (he suggested her name) , seems like he's more of a classic Who fan though judging by those names (only one of them is from the new series). Wonder what he call a dog if they had one ;)

Also wonder when there actual gonna reference it in the show (I don't think they have yet, I may have missed it though)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James_Vick wrote: »
    Only if Brendan's in it

As a group, we seem to be somewhat better at Hollyoaks fan fiction than Doctor Who.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TEDR wrote: »
    As a group, we seem to be somewhat better at Hollyoaks fan fiction than Doctor Who.

LOL I would also like to see Captain Jack in it aswell Jack and Brendan, Jandan :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek:i thought hollyoaks were just pretty ladies and cliched men and explosions every week ax
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tinny wrote: »
    :eek:i thought hollyoaks were just pretty ladies and cliched men and explosions every week ax

blasphemy
  • Options
    Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »

Think that was New Tricks where the writer - an Aston Villa fan - named his three male leads after a stand at their ground!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You've massively overestimated its budget.
  • Options
    JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hollyoaks these days actually makes Doctor Who look realistic and plausable.