Forum Member
    Naval Strike release, or lack of.
  • Options
    TheToonArmyTheToonArmy Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boxx wrote: »

Yeah, been on a few times today and still nothing.

Thought I would get the download over with before everybody tries this evening, the advantage of working from home.
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Played another couple of rounds of Naval Strike and I'm understanding what it's all about now and really enjoying it. Got robbed of a kill using the old canon and therefore the trophy as the kill registered just after the round was won!
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh I see. Hopefully all comes Good
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching a stream just now. I'm not getting it. Doesn't look much naval action. Folk still running around Islands capping flags ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Watching a stream just now. I'm not getting it. Doesn't look much naval action. Folk still running around Islands capping flags ?

It is more of the same but has a few more boats & hovercrafts. The naval part is to do with the big carrier ships where the 2 teams spawn. The ships have 100 (I think) tickets each & when the flags get captured, rockets are fired from these points and cause damage to the ships. When the ships get to about 50 flags, a door lowers which allows you to enter the ship & then plant bombs at objectives in there, just like Rush. The first team to either blow up the other team's bomb site or get the least damage from the rocket fire wins the round
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So are other people still not getting the DLC
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh ok omtt I see.

Im on live for ps now and that guy bdutch is just about to play for first time. I'll be interested his assessment
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still getting horrible rubber banding on carrier assualt, rush plays ok though
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Quality is our number one priority and we will not release Battlefield 4 Naval Strike on PC until we feel it meets the highest quality level possible.", DICE

BWAHAHAHAHAA. I almost died laughing when I read that. I do still like BF4 because, y'know, its still Battlefield, but I've never played a game that is so fundamentally broken and nigh on unplayable at times.

DICE have always had a zero ****s given approach to problem fixing and balancing, but previous installments didn't have mountains of problems like BF4 has, so it wasn't as apparent how inept they were.
  • Options
    boxxboxx Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    So are other people still not getting the DLC

If you're after the PC DLC then as you're probably aware by now, it's been delayed, and as usual EA/DICE aren't exactly forthcoming with information regarding the new release. The kick in the teeth was that they waited until a couple of hours before releases to pull it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you're after the PC DLC then as you're probably aware by now, it's been delayed, and as usual EA/DICE aren't exactly forthcoming with information regarding the new release. The kick in the teeth was that they waited until a couple of hours before releases to pull it.

Xbox One, but read on bf forum it's delayed as well, not checked this morning though.

Edit: https://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/take-the-fight-to-the-sea-with-battlefield-4-naval-strike/

Early April. >:(
  • Options
    Martin BlankMartin Blank Posts: 1,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They don't do themselves any favours, do they?

I've always loved Battlefield, from day 1. I personally haven't had any of the problems others have had, with lost saves etc. This just makes them look like fools!
  • Options
    boxxboxx Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    Early April. >:(
    Yup :/
    This just makes them look like fools!
    Again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching the feeds of this I'm not overly convinced of naval strike. Ive still almost 2 weeks to decide anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They should've just delayed this on PS4 too, the framerate & lag/rubber banding is really bad
  • Options
    Martin BlankMartin Blank Posts: 1,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Naval Strike downloading now...on the One :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After last patch im finding joining friends easier. Not only puting me in same team but same squad too. This used to work well on the beta but had failed since release.
    I never read the patch notes so not sure if mentioned or not.
  • Options
    deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I got mine last night :D, not played it yet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    I honestly don't find BF an interesting game cause it takes too much time to find the opponent, call of duty is better from my point of view..

-Mina
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    minabasla wrote: »
    I honestly don't find BF an interesting game cause it takes too much time to find the opponent, call of duty is better from my point of view..

-Mina

You Never played team death match on the smaller match.
  • Options
    heyrehairheyrehair Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone know if the campaign save bug is fixed yet (PS4)?

I still love the campaign, which I guess puts me in the minority.

Still playing regularly online though if anyone wants to add me.

PSN heyrehair
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im not aware of it being fixed.

Whats the verdict on naval maps now? Cant see me buying them straight away.