Options

Countdown - so much better these days!

Comments

• Options
    steviexsteviex Posts: 132,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think Ruth is one of the most beautiful contestants for a long time - nearly as lovely as Rachel!

A great performance by Ruth, I think she was behind all the way until the final crucial conundrum.

Brains and beauty personified (sorry Rachel, lol) :D
  • Options
    OcadoOcado Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see that Arlene Phillips is in DC after Louise Minchin has had her stint. Where are the likes of Rick Wakeman, Richard Digance, Myleene Klass and the other good DC guests?
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ruth, today's winner, is very cute.
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ruth is very nice, I liked Rachels skirt today, I kept hoping she would bend over.:blush:
  • Options
    GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,491
    Forum Member
    Why did Rachel have to make the 3rd numbers game look so complicated, multiplying 75 by 50 for 3750 for starters? It was relatively simple.
    75+5-1=79
    79x8=632
    632-2=630

Not sure about the colour of Rachel's dress. Prefer dark blue or white.
  • Options
    PrydaPryda Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    I hardly ever watch Countdown but just turned it on, I know that girl Ruth! I met her at a nightclub in my city (Belfast) about 3 years ago.
  • Options
    Georges GrunGeorges Grun Posts: 957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More details on her please.

Shes pretty
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was too distracted by Rachels bum in that tight dress.:blush:
  • Options
    conceptasconceptas Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ocado wrote: »
    I see that Arlene Phillips is in DC after Louise Minchin has had her stint. Where are the likes of Rick Wakeman, Richard Digance, Myleene Klass and the other good DC guests?
    What does DC stand for ?
    Disregard, have worked it out.
  • Options
    Ken TunKen Tun Posts: 1,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In round 12 today Susie came up with AMOURS for 6 but failed build on that to make AMORIST for 7.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    valkay wrote: »
    I was too distracted by Rachels bum in that tight dress.:blush:

It's exceptionally well toned. I'm feeling slightly light headed and it's puttin me off my sums. :p
    Shame Ruth's been eliminated. She was a breath of fresh air compared to all the old geezers and borderline autistic savaunt octochamps they usually have on.
  • Options
    Georges GrunGeorges Grun Posts: 957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this the part where she was quite self effacing and went out of her way to complement the victor?

Yes it is.
  • Options
    nellieknelliek Posts: 10,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why did Rachel have to make the 3rd numbers game look so complicated, multiplying 75 by 50 for 3750 for starters? It was relatively simple.
    75+5-1=79
    79x8=632
    632-2=630

Not sure about the colour of Rachel's dress. Prefer dark blue or white.
    IIRC she did say there were a couple of ways. Like you I got the simple way. :)
    Ken Tun wrote: »
    In round 12 today Susie came up with AMOURS for 6 but failed build on that to make AMORIST for 7.
    Yes, I was surprised that she missed it.
  • Options
    Ken TunKen Tun Posts: 1,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oddly enough AMORIST was also available in an earlier round and was my best option there unfortunately losing out to the 9-letter AMORTISED.
  • Options
    steviexsteviex Posts: 132,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I couldn't believe that both contestants (even Ruth!) missed 620, and Rachel went the long way round.

Easiest way was:

7x100=700

8x10=80

700-80=620
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rachel's figure looks awesome today
  • Options
    Forum Member
    steviex wrote: »
    I couldn't believe that both contestants (even Ruth!) missed 620, and Rachel went the long way round.

Easiest way was:

7x100=700

8x10=80

700-80=620

Noticed that too. She's either showing off or her magnificent brain is so full of complicatedness that she fails to notice the simple things like us mere mortals. Tom was lucky in today's second numbers game. He looked like he'd ballsed up the sums and was correcting himself as he went along. They should've checked what he'd written down. :D
  • Options
    bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noticed that too. She's either showing off or her magnificent brain is so full of complicatedness that she fails to notice the simple things like us mere mortals.

I never saw the simple way either and got it via a more complex route - that often happens and I don't see the simpler method until looking for other solutions as the clock runs down. Some people always look for and see the simpler solutions quickly but that is not a good overall strategy if you are good at the numbers as it wastes time when dealing with the more difficult ones.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bobcar wrote: »
    I never saw the simple way either and got it via a more complex route - that often happens and I don't see the simpler method until looking for other solutions as the clock runs down. Some people always look for and see the simpler solutions quickly but that is not a good overall strategy if you are good at the numbers as it wastes time when dealing with the more difficult ones.

Suppose I've done it a few times myself. She did it again yesterday. I got the answer by a much simpler route. Aww, bless her. :)
  • Options
    CorabalCorabal Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread disgusts me.
  • Options
    OcadoOcado Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So stop looking at it then.
  • Options
    nellieknelliek Posts: 10,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a shame that Nick seemed to put the wrong spin on Harrods pet department today. No doubt there were some dodgy people who bought the wrong pet but that still happens today regardless of where people buy animals from - just look at the number of abandoned animals.
    As for the lion cub, he had a wonderful ending. I'm not sure how much he enjoyed living in a London flat when he was small, but the two Australian back-packers took him back to Africa and after a period of habilitation he was released into the wild. Christian's story is quite well-known, but if you haven't heard it before
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8B2tO9hIwo
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was Rachel blushing today when talking to the Irish lad Paid,? he obviously fancied her and it may have been mutual.
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    Was Rachel blushing today when talking to the Irish lad Paid,? he obviously fancied her and it may have been mutual.

Who doesn't?
  • Options
    MariaellaMariaella Posts: 1,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't he mischievous buzzing immediately with "incorrect" as the conundrum. Nick tried hard not to crack a smile! :cool:
This discussion has been closed.