Options

Loose Women facing a panel shake-up or getting a new format?

Comments

• Options
    hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont really watch LW but i'll tell you one thing they have VERY talented kids, with Matthew Healey (Denise Welch's son) in The 1975 and now Collens son Jack Roach in Rixton! Good for them! Very Talented kids they have!
  • Options
    spikeyrobertospikeyroberto Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The series ends 11th July

200/200. The final episode in the current run as the series takes a break for the summer holidays. Andrea Mclean, Jamelia, Janet Street-Porter and Jane Moore are joined by pop stars Pixie Lott and Nicole Scherzinger. Last in the series.
  • Options
    Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    Oh god they've wheeled her out who used too do them debates on This Morning! :eek: :p
  • Options
    Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,201
    Forum Member
    Jamelia just uttered "I personally," so she is trying to improve her vocabulary. It is usually "me personally." ;-)
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who was that gobby cow who was banging on about how she wears the trousers in her marriage? Talk about annoying - she hardly let the panel get a word in edgeways!:o
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jamelia just uttered "I personally," so she is trying to improve her vocabulary. It is usually "me personally." ;-)

It's a start, bless her :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I can't believe Nicolas Parsons is 90! :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    johartuk wrote: »
    Who was that gobby cow who was banging on about how she wears the trousers in her marriage? Talk about annoying - she hardly let the panel get a word in edgeways!:o

Shona something she's called, they used too have her on This Morning for debates like the one she was on about. Jamelia wasn't too impressed with her. I think if Myleene was there instead off her she would have been kicking that gobby cow under the table! :o:p
  • Options
    Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sunny B wrote: »
    Shona something she's called, they used too have her on This Morning for debates like the one she was on about. Jamelia wasn't too impressed with her. I think if Myleene was there instead off her she would have been kicking that gobby cow under the table! :o:p
    She is one of those journalists from the Daily Mail that always has a perspective on a story so that she can write a story for the Mail or appear on TV to discuss it. They always emerge from their the Mail and use their families as fodder for column inches or airtime. They are always female, men journalists do not use (or are expected to) their families or their issues to get work.Out of the same stable as Brick etc. This one does not think she is beautiful (unlike Brick!) as she did a big piece about how plain she has felt all her life and her self esteem issues. She seems to have got over that a bit seeing as her dress was extremly low cut!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joking about Colleen's tits is getting a bit boring now..It is like Carry On Loose Women!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I hope Nadia is back tomorrow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kaye, Nadia, Jane & Linda today - good line-up! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thin Kaye and Jane will come to blows at some point. I have noticed Kaye getting irritated at Jane before and I have to say I have some sympathy for Kaye. Jane is an intelligent woman, as is Kaye, but she talks over people. Today, during the debate about Rolf Harris, Jane was completely overbearing and Kaye nearly lost it as a result. I used to really like Jane, primarily because of her intelligent debate, but that is being wiped out by her arrogance and smugness. Tone it down Jane. You are making Mylene and Jamelia seem measured by comparison!
  • Options
    MariaellaMariaella Posts: 1,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strangely, Poppy, I saw it the opposite way. Jane seemed more calm and reasonable. Kaye is an excellent live presenter, but, in my opinion, she sometimes allows her strongly held views get in the way of a balanced debate. She seemed incredulous when the audience vote went more in favour of Jane's argument. As the anchor, she was too het up today. I actually felt that Jane showed skill in her articulation of that argument. I like them both. They add so much to the show and both have a great sense of humour as well as brains!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mariaella wrote: »
    Strangely, Poppy, I saw it the opposite way. Jane seemed more calm and reasonable. Kaye is an excellent live presenter, but, in my opinion, she sometimes allows her strongly held views get in the way of a balanced debate. She seemed incredulous when the audience vote went more in favour of Jane's argument. As the anchor, she was too het up today. I actually felt that Jane showed skill in her articulation of that argument. I like them both. They add so much to the show and both have a great sense of humour as well as brains!

I like them both but Jane is coming across as a bit of a smug, dismissive know it all. She talks over people. Even if what she is saying is true she needs to allow others to speak. Or when she does , don't be dismissive. I think they maybe two alpha females butting heads.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't help but think they are told to act more like that to get ratings! In reality there isn't much you can say about the whole Rolf Harris thing. I am not sure they fully understood the question/debate anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Carol, Nadia, Jamelia & Sherrie today. I wonder if it will be Personally Me VS Sherrie again! :eek: :p
  • Options
    jazzyjazzyjazzyjazzy Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Today must be a first - Sherrie Hewson talking sense for once - Jamelia wants to do some research before she shouts so much.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jazzyjazzy wrote: »
    Today must be a first - Sherrie Hewson talking sense for once - Jamilia wants to do some research before she shouts so much.

Exactly! They just don't get along do they? I wonder when/ if Sherrie will leave/ quit?
  • Options
    DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    Pam St. Clement aka Pat Butcher is a guest panellist on Friday. Carol Vorderman presented her final show today.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah just like when you said that Nadia was supposed too be anchoring a few weeks ago!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Danslink wrote: »

It wasn't Carol's final show today unless you mean for the summer?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    jazzyjazzy wrote: »
    Today must be a first - Sherrie Hewson talking sense for once - Jamelia wants to do some research before she shouts so much.

Sherrie often talks a lot of sense, even when the others undermine her. But she puts on the stupid act the rest of the time so when she does talk sense, noone takes any notice. I think its just because she has 'issues' and just wants to be liked.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JFoster1 wrote: »
    Sherrie often talks a lot of sense, even when the others undermine her. But she puts on the stupid act the rest of the time so when she does talk sense, noone takes any notice. I think its just because she has 'issues' and just wants to be liked.
    I don't mind Sherrie. I think you have got her spot on in your post. There is room for her on the panel.