Slim New & Pure Colon Cleanse

Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
Forum Member
Not entirely sure if this is in the right section (mods, please feel free to move if necessary) though I was reading an article earlier on Jonah Hill, specifically his weight loss. The two core factors mentioned were Slim New & Pure Colon Cleanse, and I'm curious what (if anything) people know about it.

I doubt it's the miracle cure stated on the website, else it would no doubt be public knowledge by now. However, these two items are apparently ones he claimed to use, and he's lost a lot of weight somehow. It's also apparently been confirmed on Men's Heath.

Here is the Article.

Comments

• Dave3622Dave3622 Posts: 1,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I want to cleanse my colon, I usually find that about ten pints of strong Lager followed by a Vindaloo does the trick nicely!!
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    Firstly, that is not an article in Men's Health, the reputable magazine. It is an 'advertorial' in something calling itself Men's Health Life - almost certainly not a magazine at all.

Secondly, the adverts that you link to are pure 100% certified pseudo-scientific bullshit. If you hadn't (apparently) been a member since 2012, I'd have you down as a spammer...
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Firstly, that is not an article in Men's Health, the reputable magazine. It is an 'advertorial' in something calling itself Men's Health Life - almost certainly not a magazine at all.

Secondly, the adverts that you link to are pure 100% certified pseudo-scientific bullshit. If you hadn't (apparently) been a member since 2012, I'd have you down as a spammer...
    Well I obviously hadn't done enough research on the site, but was curious. No spamming by me, merely curiosity.
  • AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most people's colons are self cleaning.
  • hackjohackjo Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am very fortunate in that I can cleanse my colon and also perform most of Mozart's wind concertos at the same time.
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Dave3622 wrote: »
    If I want to cleanse my colon, I usually find that about ten pints of strong Lager followed by a Vindaloo does the trick nicely!!

Yep, if you're going to clean your colon, then clean it like a man :cool:
  • ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    I recall reading many years ago that a carrot a day would keep your colon healthy.

It was six months before someone pointed out that I had to eat them.
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Colonics are not only unnecessary but potentially harmful. There's a huge industry in products which claim to make our bodies "cleansed" or "detoxified" but our bodies are quite capable of doing both by themselves unless you suffer from particular medical problems to do with elimination.

You can have a colonic if you feel that you have a particular problem with your digestion or metabolism but to be honest you can do just as good a job by eating a healthy diet and keeping well hydrated.
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    Yep, if you're going to clean your colon, then clean it like a man :cool:

I thought you said 'clean it with a man' there, for a second...:blush:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Strangely enough I was checking rooms in the Hotel today and saw both these bottles in one of the guest's bathrooms. I thought what the hell would someone buy a colon cleanser for? Now I know. Have to say I was dreading seeing the state of the loo but it was clean.
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    I thought you said 'clean it with a man' there, for a second...:blush:

Ooh matron :o
  • euphieeuphie Posts: 2,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that's the stuff that if you sign up for you will lose lots of pounds - although it's the £ variety. It seems to be a well known scam and the companies sign you up for these weight loss pils that make no difference and it's almost impossible to cancel your subscriptions which run into around £40 for each tablet a month
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    Yep pseudo scientific rubbish, and a pretty well known scam company. Avoid at all costs, or costs you have real problems stopping will be the end result.