Options

New Hawaii Five O (Sky One)

Comments

• Options
    mandybluemandyblue Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    This was a OK episode. Easily the weakest episode this season so far and the worst Christmas episode in the five seasons of Five 0.

If anyone was wondering why Alex was not much in it. Alex went to Japan with some friends for a retirement party for a friend so had time off from show.

The good
    Danny and Kono teaming up and working together. The talk in the car about grace and Christmas.
    Going to the big Iland filming and seeing the different landscape and scenery
    I kind of like officer Pua Kai the guy is kind of creepy
    I am glad the horse and owner are back together.
    No Jerry
    Not so good
    Steve and Danny stealing the Christmas tree because Steve would never steal a tree from a forest reserve so out of character he respects Hawaii and the land. Some of it was funny about the price of the tree.
    What we saw of Steve looked like Alex had a bad cold. And very odd that he was not involved with the case. When everyone was at Danny's house did not feel very Christmas at all

The Bad
    The crime of the week was weak
    Max my least favourite character he is boring and not funny and his whole story was about a doll.
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,772
    Forum Member
    mandyblue wrote: »
    Max my least favourite character he is boring and not funny and his whole story was about a doll.
    Which, to be fair, we only found out at the end. We were, of course, supposed to assume "Christine" was a person.
  • Options
    DeccomajorDeccomajor Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    This was a OK episode. Easily the weakest episode this season so far and the worst Christmas episode in the five seasons of Five 0.

If anyone was wondering why Alex was not much in it. Alex went to Japan with some friends for a retirement party for a friend so had time off from show.

The good
    Danny and Kono teaming up and working together. The talk in the car about grace and Christmas.
    Going to the big Iland filming and seeing the different landscape and scenery
    I kind of like officer Pua Kai the guy is kind of creepy
    I am glad the horse and owner are back together.
    No Jerry
    Not so good
    Steve and Danny stealing the Christmas tree because Steve would never steal a tree from a forest reserve so out of character he respects Hawaii and the land. Some of it was funny about the price of the tree.
    What we saw of Steve looked like Alex had a bad cold. And very odd that he was not involved with the case. When everyone was at Danny's house did not feel very Christmas at all

The Bad
    The crime of the week was weak

I actually thought it was a good episode and their has been worse. The Christmas tree stealing was the best part imo and playing Holiday Road by Lindsey Buckingham as they drove away was the icing on the Christmas Cake.
    I do agree however the crime of the week was weak but Max is one of the better characters in the show, my least favourite is Lou Grover , I know there was some backlash against Michelle Borth's character Catherine ( sorry don't know the full details) but she was miles better than lumpy Lou.
  • Options
    CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    Which, to be fair, we only found out at the end. We were, of course, supposed to assume "Christine" was a person.

Yeah but I guess it should probably have been obvious that it was a doll/action figure given they are both science geeks:D

Anyway I thought it was a good episode theres been worse this season,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Caltonfan wrote: »
    Yeah but I guess it should probably have been obvious that it was a doll/action figure given they are both science geeks:D
    Yeah. I sometimes miss the obvious :blush::p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Here is some good news just over 2 weeks to go

Hawaii Five 0 is back for the rest of season 5 Sunday 1st February 2015 at 9.00pm for episode 5.10
    And NCIS LA is back as well.
  • Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 15,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here is some good news just over 2 weeks to go

Hawaii Five 0 is back for the rest of season 5 Sunday 1st February 2015 at 9.00pm for episode 5.10
    And NCIS LA is back as well.

Wow, I wasn’t expecting it back that soon... I wonder if that allows Sky to show the remaining episodes uninterrupted?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Quite a good episode

Crime of the week was ok quite a few twists. Hula Hookers was kind of a fun twist

Loved the old school detective and he was part of HPD as well.
    I liked the voice over as well from Harry the private detective.
    So Jerry has moved in with Chin
    The boxing scene with Steve and Ellie waste of time I want Cath to come back and be with Steve.
    Danny and Dr Shaw could make a cute couple make Mindy more interesting if that happened
  • Options
    Ellie1967Ellie1967 Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if I missed something, but I didn't see Danny at all in last night's episode - did anyone mention where he was?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ellie1967 wrote: »
    I don't know if I missed something, but I didn't see Danny at all in last night's episode - did anyone mention where he was?

Wasn't in it and no reason mentioned, though in all honesty I didn't notice he was missing until was checking who the art bounty hunter actress was on imdb
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wasn't in it and no reason mentioned, though in all honesty I didn't notice he was missing until was checking who the art bounty hunter actress was on imdb
    LOL! Me too. Been in a few things I've seen recently. Cute.
  • Options
    Ellie1967Ellie1967 Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

• Options
    Forum Member
    Ellie1967 wrote: »

OMG send a search party out for Scott missing one episode of FIVE 0. The episode was a lot better with out him in it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have to say the second half of season 5 is a lot better that the first half. Have liked the last 4 episode they were good.

Loved last night episode with Steve and Grover playing golf and then Michelle Wie the professional golfer turning up was very funny.
    I would like to see more of Steve and Grover working together as well.
    Liked both story lines as well Danny and Amber are good together
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to say the second half of season 5 is a lot better that the first half. Have liked the last 4 episode they were good.

Loved last night episode with Steve and Grover playing golf and then Michelle Wie the professional golfer turning up was very funny.
    I would like to see more of Steve and Grover working together as well.
    Liked both story lines as well Danny and Amber are good together

I won't give any spoilers i'm about two episodes infront of the uk all i'm going to say is the episode titled "justice for all" is a belter of a episode imo probably the best episode of all time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gother wrote: »
    I won't give any spoilers i'm about two episodes infront of the uk all i'm going to say is the episode titled "justice for all" is a belter of a episode imo probably the best episode of all time.

Hi gother saw this episode on Sunday titled Justice for All. It was a good episode but not the best episode of all time because. This episode should have been a two part episode it felt rushed. Did not spend much time on Chin's story which I would have liked to see more off. Danny being beaten up in prison was stupid and over the top. He would never walk away from that. Plus we never saw the team get Danny out of Prison .Steve was great trying to save 2 team members at the same time.

My fav episode so fat this season is 5.07 where Steve kills Wo Fat now that was a brilliant episode. Alex was fantastic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It was a good episode but not the best episode of all time...
    I thought it was the best so far this season.
    This episode should have been a two part episode it felt rushed.
    I completely agree. I honestly assumed it was going to be a two-parter
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi gother saw this episode on Sunday titled Justice for All. It was a good episode but not the best episode of all time because. This episode should have been a two part episode it felt rushed. Did not spend much time on Chin's story which I would have liked to see more off. Danny being beaten up in prison was stupid and over the top. He would never walk away from that. Plus we never saw the team get Danny out of Prison .Steve was great trying to save 2 team members at the same time.

My fav episode so fat this season is 5.07 where Steve kills Wo Fat now that was a brilliant episode. Alex was fantastic.

Seeing it a second time i completely agree.
  • Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 15,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This week's episode was the best in a long time. I'd agree it was the best of the season, along with 5.07 (which was actually the 100th episode).

I can't believe there's not many episodes remaining now, and that these might be the last ever episodes (but I hope not!)
  • Options
    leeowls87leeowls87 Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really not sure about tonights episode

If the guys who were chasing the Aaron guy into the barber shop knew what he had done, why didn't they calmly walk to the shop guns down and just explain to Steve who he was and why they were after him?

He might not of believed them but I'm sure he would of investigated the supposed crimes he was being accused of.

The whole shootout and the lengths they went to try and get into the shop was just so unnecessary

And the other crime Grover and Chin were investigating was weak.

Not the best episode tonight I thought.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I loved the episode really good this will be my second fav episode so far after episode 5.07 this seasn

I like Michael Imperioli and his character Odell. Alex and Michael had some good chemistry together would love to see Michael come back as a recurring character on the show.
    Loved the scene with Odell giving Steve a shave could watch that all day.
    I loved how Steve wanted to protect Aaron at all cost at the beginning before we all know what he did.
    Loved seeing Steve take charge of the situation, where Odell was afraid and didn't how to handle it.
    The scene in the blue room was well done where Steve had a hard time telling a father that his son was dead even though his son was evil. The twist surprised with what Aaron turned out to be evil.
    Sad ending and Alex knocked it out of the park with his acting and breaking down and showing his emotions with all the kid pic.
    Loved how they talked about past episodes with Grover telling Chin about Gabriel coming back and wanting something in return. Steve talking to Odell about his mother.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Poor episode for me, seemed to be cobbled together at the last minute with no dano and kono only in it for two seconds.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The last 2 episodes have not been great. The photo's that Chin showed Steve who do you think it is. I think it could be a friend of Adams father or Adam is still working for yakuza and that is one of the bosses.

Steve looked great in that blue suite at the end.
    Jerry needs to go away.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking at this thread i think Sky are now only 2 days behind the US pace, i'm going by Mandyblues' post as that was the episode i watched on CBS Saturday morning.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    After a couple of poor episodes, thought last night was back on form