Forum Member
    Home Alone
  • QuixoticQuixotic Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jongens (2014)
  • jake_moore08jake_moore08 Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    Home Alone 2, and it won't be the last time before the year is out.
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Waitress. OMG, just learnt the woman who wrote, co-starred in and directed this film was murdered before it was released.:( 6/10
  • Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michael Clayton - SOme decent acting, but not a very good film.

Also watched Rise and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. Rise was alright, but Dawn was largely mind numbing.

I won't be watching any of those films again, anyway.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    So Undercover [2012]. Director: Tom Vaughan

4/10

Just as well the singing career is going well as Miley Cyrus can't act at all.
  • emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,166
    Forum Member
    It's A Wonderful Life (1946) - 9/10
  • JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Golden Dream (La jaula de oro) (2013) 9/10
    Cantinflas (2014) 6/10
  • Vix77Vix77 Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sinister

Supernatural movie starring Ethan Hawke as a true crime writer who moves his family to a house where a family who he is writing about was murdered and then the s**t hits the fan

Slow start, fairly good storyline but could guess the ending

6/10
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Across the Line: The Exodus of Charlie Wright [2010]. Director: R. Ellis Frazier

6/10

Direct to video drama of a fugitive banker pursued by the FBI and various gunmen after the secret of his billion dollars.
  • J-StarJ-Star Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    New year's eve. It started off quite promising but the last thirty minutes or so really faltered. 6/10
  • JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back To 1942 (Yi jiu si er) (2012) 8/10
    Brazilian Western (Faroeste caboclo) (2013) 7/10
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Guardians of the Galaxy

9/10. Fantastic. (and fun, which makes a nice change)
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hwayi: a Monster Boy (2013, South Korea) - 7/10

A timid teenage schoolboy, raised by a gang of five criminals, eventually discovers a truth that may turn him into a monster he's feared since he was a child.

It was at least ten minutes before I realised I'd already seen it, but I kept watching because hey, it has Yun-seok Kim* as one of the schoolboy's five fathers.

All in all, it's a fairly decent psychological thriller with a tiny touch of fantasy. No one's truly villainous or heroic, which makes a refreshing change. However, the underdevelopment - and occasionally, the predictability - of some bat-shit crazy twists and turns in the plot lets the film down, but it has its moments. Best to leave your brain at the door when you watch this. Note of warning: It features a couple of excessively violent scenes.

*Kim appears as a king of gamblers in Tazza: the High Rollers; the detective-turned-pimp anti-hero in The Chaser; the eerily quiet dog handler in The Yellow Sea, and the captain in Haemoo (The Sea Fog).
  • emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,166
    Forum Member
    Jingle All The Way (1996) - 6/10
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rabbit Hole - 6.25/10
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Housebound and I'll give it 9/10!
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    The Expendables 3 - 5/10
  • The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    Blood Ties (2013) 6/10
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crystal Skulls (2014) an addventure film from Syfy I give it a 4 out of 10
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wreckers - 6.25/10
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Best Man Down [2012]. Director: Ted Koland

7/10

What starts out looking like another crap wedding movie turns into a quite touching drama as the newlyweds uncover secrets in the life of their late best man.

Flight [2012]. Director: Robert Zemeckis

7/10

Denzel Washington as an alcoholic pilot facing a plane crash investigation. Plenty there to bag him another Oscar nomination.
  • necromancer20necromancer20 Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A Hijacking - Somali pirates hijack Danish ship and is practically about a cat and mouse game between the owner of the ship who's trying to secure the release of the hostages and the 'translator' on board. Well executed thriller. 7/10

Funny Games (1997) - If there's meant to be a 'message' in this nasty work of a film, I didn't get it. But the worst thing about it is that it's boring. 2/10

Into the Storm - Thorin Oakenshield is amongst a freak event of tornadoes that hit middle America. I enjoyed this more than I thought I would. 7/10

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies - Solid action packed conclusion to a slightly controversial trilogy :D 7/10
  • QuixoticQuixotic Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harold & Maude
    Darling
  • ste likes boobsste likes boobs Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christmas with the Kranks.

One of my favourite Christmas films, probably just after A Muppet Christmas Carol (which I still have to watch this Christmas).
This discussion has been closed.